Page 2 of 186 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Like what?

Because I've seen quite the opposite. You have games like Destiny or ESO where the devs avoid calling their game a MMO like the plague. I think even the Division devs have avoided the term heavily. Media though...less so, though that's in part because most non-MMO specific media are still largely clueless about what a MMO is.

Though given the description and positioning from Amazon, I see no reason not to think this is a MMO.
    You can prove whatever you want with carefully picked examples - I'll even give you more, say Star Citizen and Shroud of the Avatar (as non-MMOs + devs are avoiding the word, yet public and journalists are often labeling them as MMOs on auto-pilot). But there are dozens of FTP "MMOs" advertised everywhere on the other hand, and that's only one aspect of the negative trend I mentioned.

Speaking of New World, we don't know what will happen with it (assuming it doesn't get cancelled). If you remember, ESO was advertised as MMO before they started moving away from that controversial expression, and Overwatch started as MMO. Not to mention that - even if devs keep on labeling it as such, it doesn't have to be true.
    CU... ...or CF ?

Who cares at this point. Show me the systems, their integration and overall gameplay implementation. There's nothing of substance to be even remotely interested in it. It just goes to show you the psychology behind games like this though. Interest is peaked without any legitimization of it's game through actual implementation or experience. Crazy.

Anymore info on this? Estimate release date or anything ever revealed yet?

edit: Found this. https://vid.me/ZC7s

It's setting is in 17th century colonial america. Hmm...
    Last edited by Chingylol; 2016-11-18 at 05:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post

open sandbox,. basically means you're going to get a grief fest pvp invested server all the time,. dont ya think?

I don't play on PvP servers anymore (never liked them) and I'm not sure how PvE even works in a sandbox game. Wouldn't you just end up with realms that are just full of people building houses right next to each other til it's one big urban landscape and then competing for what few resources are left?

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post

What a strange setting, 17 Century america + supernatural fantasy.

I just learned (happened in February) that Amazon hired John fucking Smedley to lead their San Diego office. Although I couldn't find an article that listed specifically which project he is lead of, if not all.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    I just learned (happened in February) that Amazon hired John fucking Smedley to lead their San Diego office. Although I couldn't find an article that listed specifically which project he is lead of, if not all.
    Unannounced, we'll have to wait to hear info on it. Though the studio they created for him is filled with most of the folks from his unsuccessful indie MMO that got canned earlier this year.

Unannounced, we'll have to wait to hear info on it. Though the studio they created for him is filled with most of the folks from his unsuccessful indie MMO that got canned earlier this year.
    Here's to hoping. I was just worried because of the interviews I read he talked a whole lot about mmo's. Didn't think Amazon would develop multiple mmos at once, but you never know. I am glad the dude landed somewhere respectable after all the bullshit he had to deal with at Daybreak, but good lord I'm leery with anything he touches.

Here's to hoping. I was just worried because of the interviews I read he talked a whole lot about mmo's. Didn't think Amazon would develop multiple mmos at once, but you never know. I am glad the dude landed somewhere respectable after all the bullshit he had to deal with at Daybreak, but good lord I'm leery with anything he touches.
    Eh, the "bullshit" at Daybreak was largely chickens coming home to roost. I really like Smed as a person and he's super passioniate about MMO's/gaming, but he's kinda shit at running a studio. The whole reason that "bullshit" happened was because SOE was a financial disaster that Sony was all too happy to sell off (given their own overall financial issues, PS division excepted), and the deep cuts were necessary to get the studios disastrous financials in order.

I'm just hoping he can keep his god damn mouth shut about the game. He's really his own worst enemy more often than not when he does shit like hype up H1Z1 (before it was announced) as a "love letter to SWG fans", and then have it be announced and be literally nothing of the sort. Just led to a lot of angry SWG fans and everyone else being moderately confused.

The fact that he ever signed on to publisher Wizardry Online should be evidence enough of his questionable decision making. That's likely the only MMO I've ever played where I actively wished it was closed down. Don't think I've ever played such a genuinely terrible MMO in my life.

Eh, the "bullshit" at Daybreak was largely chickens coming home to roost. I really like Smed as a person and he's super passioniate about MMO's/gaming, but he's kinda shit at running a studio. The whole reason that "bullshit" happened was because SOE was a financial disaster that Sony was all too happy to sell off (given their own overall financial issues, PS division excepted), and the deep cuts were necessary to get the studios disastrous financials in order.

I'm just hoping he can keep his god damn mouth shut about the game. He's really his own worst enemy more often than not when he does shit like hype up H1Z1 (before it was announced) as a "love letter to SWG fans", and then have it be announced and be literally nothing of the sort. Just led to a lot of angry SWG fans and everyone else being moderately confused.

The fact that he ever signed on to publisher Wizardry Online should be evidence enough of his questionable decision making. That's likely the only MMO I've ever played where I actively wished it was closed down. Don't think I've ever played such a genuinely terrible MMO in my life.
    The bullshit I was more referring to were the death/bomb threats he received because people didn't like him.

I actually enjoyed his candidness with fans. How many other CEOs of major corporations (divisions) are there that won't hesitate to interact with the everyday person. He is someone who I believe is truly passionate about gaming, and honestly wants what's best. However, and it's a big fucking however, he has no clue about decision making and is the master of double speak. Which tends to piss people off rather than draw them in.

10+ Year Old Account

Following all of Smedly's fumbles for the past 14+ years has been both entertaining and sad. He's still too focused on old hat MMO shit unless he changed his attitude recently.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Deleted
    Wonder if this was the project Frost joined when he left Carbine? Maybe he had a good look then ran off to blizzard Not building my hopes up...but would love to be surprised

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    Wonder if this was the project Frost joined when he left Carbine? Maybe he had a good look then ran off to blizzard Not building my hopes up...but would love to be surprised
    Cant be worse than wildstar

10+ Year Old Account
    Shit if I know. I just copy pasted off of one article I found. I'll see if I can find it again. I didn't read the whole thing.

From the article:
    Welp.

This sounds like it's about as much fun as a root canal. I'll pass.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Welp.

This sounds like it's about as much fun as a root canal. I'll pass.
    Back in 2008 I had a root canal done and the dentist numbed the wrong area and I couldn't tell until she was going to town with the drill. THAT was funtimes! :P
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

What's the bet Amazon prime is the subscription?

Joking aside, first time I've heard of Amazon having a Game studio. Then again, i don't use Amazon apart from ordering. So practically live under a rock when it comes to Amazon's other pointless features.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wish they would release more information soon. A bit more details on what kind of game they are building.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Sounds like it is Rust except not playable.

It also sounds like the devs have some grand creative vision that the players will ruin, pisss on, light on fire, and then dance around it naked while chanting.

Because players are shit to other players.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    It also sounds like the devs have some grand creative vision that the players will ruin, pisss on, light on fire, and then dance around it naked while chanting.
    That sounds fun! Reminds me of high school.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.