New players, and premades trolling, griefing, smurfing, boosting or whatever they want to call it is by far the 2 most devastating factors atm.
    Seperating premades and solo-Q'ers should be the first easy step.

Blizzard should then really use levels aswell as a factor in their match-making.

New players are consistenly causing this "ELO Hell"-problem to be as huge as it is, due to them exiting so high from placements.

The main problem is that new players almost always insist on playing dps heroes, most often also poorly chosen ones.
    The ones with really high lower skill cap, that requires a really good aim to be efficient with.

DPS heroes are the ones to supposed to bring the damage, kills, or counterpreasure on the other team.
    When DPS heroes on your team are the weakest link, you are almost guaranteed a loss.

Learning to play tank and healer firstly is a much better idea, and is often more forgiving (or easy) to play for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    New players, and premades trolling, griefing, smurfing, boosting or whatever they want to call it is by far the 2 most devastating factors atm.
    Seperating premades and solo-Q'ers should be the first easy step.

Blizzard should then really use levels aswell as a factor in their match-making.

New players are consistenly causing this "ELO Hell"-problem to be as huge as it is, due to them exiting so high from placements.

The main problem is that new players almost always insist on playing dps heroes, most often also poorly chosen ones.
    The ones with really high lower skill cap, that requires a really good aim to be efficient with.

DPS heroes are the ones to supposed to bring the damage, kills, or counterpreasure on the other team.
    When DPS heroes on your team are the weakest link, you are almost guaranteed a loss.

Learning to play tank and healer firstly is a much better idea, and is often more forgiving (or easy) to play for the team.
    You can't separate singles from team matches, what if you have a team of 6 and someone has to go? You can't find a single to fill the 6th spot so you have to kick a friend out of the group to get 2 strangers? And if your team tells -you- that your the odd man out,sorry see you later? That isn't good for the game. Just report griefers and get on with your day or choose to only play in a full premade.

If people really want to grief you they can do it in groups just as much as solo, just requires someone to decide they enjoy people's tears for lols.

there are also players who are new to overwatch who are really good at fps games and are capable of running with the big boys right from the start and should not be punished for not playing overwatch yet.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-03-18 at 06:08 PM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I leave it too long between Sombra plays and forget how good she actually is, then I play her and it surprises me how useless she can render tanks and how good that is for rolling a payload along... or stopping it. Single handed put the breaks on a diamond premade Bastion Train with one EMP. Unfortunately had only taken them about two minutes to get from start to last corner of Gibraltar, and we could only hold for 6 of the remaining 7 minutes. With no tank or healer. Won the reverse though.

When you find Symmetra building her teleporter with all her turrets around it and you have EMP ready. That's the best.

Think with the PTR changes she will finally be the answer to the barrier/tank Meta.
    Holy shit. Did you quit WoW?
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Went on a great streak this week, getting to 2955. Proceeded to lose 11 games in a row over the next couple of days. I'm now almost 2500, halfway through I gave up on this season b/c this is what happened to me last season. Each time it was me, continuing to play Ana, getting into matches with shitlords playing bad comps, trolling, throwing, etc.

The funny part is when you play with normal teams, who cooperate and use team chat, you almost always get heaps of compliments for your healer play. But then when I play with these people, I get told I'm the worst Ana to ever play OW. The rage is so fierce, it just makes you go numb. Behind every Hanzo in comp is an Ana that was one game away from Diamond.
    I notice in overwatch that the only time you see player skill is when someone kills you, it is much harder to see player skill from allies due to the nature of the game being fps. About the only time you see ally skill is in potg. It is easy to assume everyone else on your team is shitty when all you see is your and your opponents skillful plays. Overwatch is weird like that.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Icee View Post
    Holy shit. Did you quit WoW?
    Well, they deleted Demonology and fucked up Affliction entirely so just couldn't get into Legion with no character I had a real connection to. So yes.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I notice in overwatch that the only time you see player skill is when someone kills you, it is much harder to see player skill from allies due to the nature of the game being fps. About the only time you see ally skill is in potg. It is easy to assume everyone else on your team is shitty when all you see is your and your opponents skillful plays. Overwatch is weird like that.
    Except as a healer, I'm constantly watching everyone be dumb or not be dumb. Or when you are watching frontline characters as any mid/backline character. Or as a sniper where you watch Reins and D.Vas go blasting off into the full 6 man enemy team with no one else in sight. There are plenty of opportunities to watch badness in an FPS unless you are going rogue the whole game. About the only role where it is hard to tell if someone is playing well is as a tank.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Except as a healer, I'm constantly watching everyone be dumb or not be dumb. Or when you are watching frontline characters as any mid/backline character. Or as a sniper where you watch Reins and D.Vas go blasting off into the full 6 man enemy team with no one else in sight. There are plenty of opportunities to watch badness in an FPS unless you are going rogue the whole game. About the only role where it is hard to tell if someone is playing well is as a tank.
    You can tell a tank is playing well, because it's so obvious when they're playing badly.

phew.. I feel like I'm dying inside a bit everytime I play competitive. I'm not good enough to carry a team and also I wouldn't enjoy doing it, because I would need to play some dps. I love playing Healers (not just supports. I mean real healers!)

Lucio, Mercy, sometimes Ana.

My rating ist just between 1900 and 1700 up and down, everyday.

With Soldier and Junkrat I have 60-70% winrate at Quickplay, but if I pick them in competitve, we would go out with 5 or sometimes 6 dps, so I pick Mercy again
    (I like her, but playing mercy at this rating, is like watching a Lemmings game)

What should I do? Try to get so good at Lucio/Mercy that I can carry with them or just give up and try to nuke myself up to 2500 rating where I can at least enjoy playing support?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can tell a tank is playing well, because it's so obvious when they're playing badly.
    I meant if you are the tank, it's the only chance you wouldn't notice people's play very well.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, they deleted Demonology and fucked up Affliction entirely so just couldn't get into Legion with no character I had a real connection to. So yes.
    Wow, fancy meeting you here of all places.

10+ Year Old Account
    I meant if you are the tank, it's the only chance you wouldn't notice people's play very well.
    I actually do, I might not notice flankers so much but I'll be very aware of where the rest of my team are and what they're doing. I tank as DVa though, so I have to be behind them or stuck in with them so they benefit from my DM so all the stupidity or greatness happens right in front of me; I also get around a lot so I see more in general of what's going on. Even as Rein though you're in 3rd person when you're shield is up, but I guess I do miss a bit more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Black Icee View Post
    Wow, fancy meeting you here of all places.
    If you knew me for my binging on CS:1.6 and CS:S all those years ago, it might be less surprising!

3 or 4 more wins tonight, another 100 SR. Still climbing, 2111 now from 1800 after placement!

10+ Year Old Account
    Good lord FUCK this season. Can't seem to not have a bigger loss than win ratio no
    matter how hard I try.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Good lord FUCK this season. Can't seem to not have a bigger loss than win ratio no
    matter how hard I try.
    I'm just playing competitive for fun, I'll get as high as I get and I really don't get furious when games go South. It is what it is, a video game. I really could care less if I am top 500 or worst ever, I enjoy playing for the sake of playing.

You are going to lose an uncountable amount of matches in the time you play, it isn't the kind of game that you most likely will win the majority of time. This is why I feel it is silly and infantile to hear some guy raging about losing a match.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-03-18 at 11:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing wrong with that mentality, but I would like to not lose more than win.

Either way, nothing like being called an n-word for playing someone else's Torbjorn.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just playing competitive for fun, I'll get as high as I get and I really don't get furious when games go South. It is what it is, a video game. I really could care less if I am top 500 or worst ever, I enjoy playing for the sake of playing.

You are going to lose an uncountable amount of matches in the time you play, it isn't the kind of game that you most likely will win the majority of time. This is why I feel it is silly and infantile to hear some guy raging about losing a match.
    Basically this. No point in keeping going if you lose a couple of matches, QP is still there so just switch to that. The season is long and eventually things should start to even themselves out. I'm actually only doing 3 matches most a day, maybe couple more at the weekend if I'm not losing. It's not like there's any kind of instant gratification from a win, other than the win itself. You get Loot boxes from other modes as well.

There's nothing to rush for and if you quit before you get super-tilted then the loses don't feel so bad. Sure it'd be awesome to get to Plat, but it doesn't make any difference if I get there tomorrow or in 2 months.

But I have the feeling the higher I get the more fun it does. Not because the Number is a higher one, but because people are nicer and communicating more. It feels more like a Teamgame instead of 6 one-man shows with highpitching screaming voices.

I am getting slightly mildly irritated by genjiwhores, hanzocunts and widofags.
    The usual gaysniper tactics is to pick all three if them simultaneously and unleash the Skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    But I have the feeling the higher I get the more fun it does. Not because the Number is a higher one, but because people are nicer and communicating more. It feels more like a Teamgame instead of 6 one-man shows with highpitching screaming voices.
    This reminds me of my wow raiding guild switching servers and factions, of which I was unwilling to pay for both. If they switched servers I could still raid from the server I was on, so when I asked why change factions the guild leader said, "Because the Horde has less kiddies and more adults." To which I replied, "THe horde says the same thing about alliance, there is no proof that one faction has less or more mature players."

They left anyways, because the grass is always greener on the other side. Getting higher faster in pursuit of nicer people is a pipe dream. While you may find less people griefing for lols you will find more who take every loss personally or dump group because they predict a loss. The only way you can set yourself in a position where you will always be in a group where everyone behaves is to only play in a pre-made group of people you know will behave.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played alot, my account is still only lvl45. But, I did my placements and got put into high silver. And now I'm 2250ish gold. Gonna try to get into plat sometime this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    phew.. I feel like I'm dying inside a bit everytime I play competitive. I'm not good enough to carry a team and also I wouldn't enjoy doing it, because I would need to play some dps. I love playing Healers (not just supports. I mean real healers!)

Lucio, Mercy, sometimes Ana.

My rating ist just between 1900 and 1700 up and down, everyday.

With Soldier and Junkrat I have 60-70% winrate at Quickplay, but if I pick them in competitve, we would go out with 5 or sometimes 6 dps, so I pick Mercy again
    (I like her, but playing mercy at this rating, is like watching a Lemmings game)

What should I do? Try to get so good at Lucio/Mercy that I can carry with them or just give up and try to nuke myself up to 2500 rating where I can at least enjoy playing support?
    Playing at the lower ratings bracket is just terrible because so many treat it like QP("I play what I want IDC"). In a 6v6 you can't really carry a team by yourself as a healer. Sure you can get better at Mercy and win some games by having good rezzes during pushes but that's just half the battle; your team has to be good enough to kill people. If there is any one role that has the potential to carry a team, I'd say a tank like ReinHardt. I moved up from 2200 to 2950 but it was a terrible journey. The upside is that at my current rating, I don't see many rages or selfish players playing only what they want anymore.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements