Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Dumb stuff like this should be called out.
    No. THere's no reason to call it out. It's utterly meaningless to confront it. It gives nothing, it adds nothing and the words themselves have ZERO power and influence over anything that matters.

There is no reason to question it. Stop trying to be righteous or acting like you're doing some great service. It's meaningless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    No. THere's no reason to call it out. It's utterly meaningless to confront it. It gives nothing, it adds nothing and the words themselves have ZERO power and influence over anything that matters.

There is no reason to question it. Stop trying to be righteous or acting like you're doing some great service. It's meaningless.
    Not really, these kinds of people have been getting track for a few years now. Any stupid shit said by people trying to virtue signalling needs calling out.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Not really, these kinds of people have been getting track for a few years now. Any stupid shit said by people trying to virtue signalling needs calling out.
    Only because of how people propagate their idiocy by giving it attention. People like these have no damned power if you'd just stop giving them attention. Stop this meme bullshit. Stop thinking that arguing on the fucking internet is some damned virtue yourself. Just ignore this bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Only because of how people propagate their idiocy by giving it attention. People like these have no damned power if you'd just stop giving them attention. Stop this meme bullshit. Stop thinking that arguing on the fucking internet is some damned virtue yourself. Just ignore this bullshit.
    How long until you take your own advice?

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is not even out and it's already providing quality entertainment.

10+ Year Old Account
    But calling people out on virtue signaling is virtue signaling. You're just signaling a different set of virtues to a different group (of which there are so very many). Why does it need to be called out? Why not just ignore it? Used to be the common advice was "don't feed the trolls" meaning "ignore them and more on". But here you are, saying we should feed them. How does that help anyone? If enough people get upset over this blog, all it's going to do it cause some major media outlet to pick it up and talk about how outraged it made everyone. Once that happens people will become outraged that other people are outraged (because that's the media's job these days) and suddenly some complete nobody is being interviewed on the 9 o'clock news spouting off completely unfounded statements about a game they never played while the media sits there are treats their claims as though they were educated and well-founded because the media isn't interested in doing any digging.

So what have you gained? A former nobody turned media-darling who is likely now substantially wealthier than you or I for no other reason than they're an ignorant fuckwad.

Seriously the OP dug out some random blog from god knows where and acts like this is a thing? All he's doing if giving the blogger a louder voice by posting it on a larger forum. Hell, for all we know the blogger and the OP are the same person and he's playing both sides.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

ugh... Mic.... almost every time I hear something from them it makes me want to slam my head into a wall. rather not listen to those people either way.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Seriously the OP dug out some random blog from god knows where and acts like this is a thing? All he's doing if giving the blogger a louder voice by posting it on a larger forum. Hell, for all we know the blogger and the OP are the same person and he's playing both sides.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mic_(media_company)
    http://archive.is/Sl3WE
    http://archive.is/lNYhV
    http://archive.is/yCDuB

This isn't some nowheresville blog started by nobodies just because you haven't heard of them.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post

If you're still having trouble finding the reason we have doubts these people are actually gamers...
    Why, because they have some kind of political consciousness?

Not that I agree with the particular sentiments presented there. But just saying. Is being a gamer so synonymous with being a nerdy escapist mope?

Deleted
    hahahahahaha

they always find something to complain about no matter how much they have to grasp at straws or ignore logic.

Whats next? Ace Attorney Phoenix Wright is right winged because the letters "right" are hidden in his name?

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Why, because they have some kind of political consciousness?

Not that I agree with the particular sentiments presented there. But just saying. Is being a gamer so synonymous with being an escapist blighter?
    What does it mean to lack a political consciousness? If mine doesn't align with this author's does that mean I lack one?

I suppose there's nothing wrong with not wanting to play games that don't align with your political thinking, but this topic happens to be about someone who swore off the latest entry by a developer they claim to love over a single conversation at the start of the game and then they proceed to grossly misrepresent many facets of the developer's other titles to justify their decision.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mic_(media_company)
    http://archive.is/Sl3WE
    http://archive.is/lNYhV
    http://archive.is/yCDuB

This isn't some nowheresville blog started by nobodies just because you haven't heard of them.
    Having a well-known platform and having well-known authors are two totally different things. Even plenty of big-name publications who solicit 3rd-party contributors for op-ed pieces often take little time to vet them. On top of that the wiki quotes the founders as both refusing to disclose their income (even though they are supposedly being tapped by major businesses) and they pay their contributors little to not at all. When you don't pay the people who write things for your site there is very little quality control.

So again, some no-name blogger wrote an uneducated op-ed on a minor blogsite. Stop feeding the trolls!
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    So she hasn't played the game, yet thinks she is in a position to comment on its narrative themes. Isn't this a wonderfully close minded individual.
    I'd give her more credit if she had at least blamed the fish based lip-syncing for this decision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    hahahahahaha

they always find something to complain about no matter how much they have to grasp at straws or ignore logic.

Whats next? Ace Attorney Phoenix Wright is right winged because the letters "right" are hidden in his name?
    That's a great idea, I will put it on my blog, that will net me a couple hundred patreon bucks provided by the tumblr audience.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Having a well-known platform and having well-known authors are two totally different things. Even plenty of big-name publications who solicit 3rd-party contributors for op-ed pieces often take little time to vet them. On top of that the wiki quotes the founders as both refusing to disclose their income (even though they are supposedly being tapped by major businesses) and they pay their contributors little to not at all. When you don't pay the people who write things for your site there is very little quality control.

So again, some no-name blogger wrote an uneducated op-ed on a minor blogsite. Stop feeding the trolls!
    Goal posts effectively moved, eh? I think showing that the site has run projects with the White House is enough to elevate them above "some random blog from god knows where". I don't care what further qualifiers you think are necessary to add in order to elevate them to "well-known" or "big-name publication" or wherever else you plan to move your posts to next.

10+ Year Old Account
    Goal posts effectively moved, eh? I think showing that the site has run projects with the White House is enough to elevate them above "some random blog from god knows where". I don't care what further qualifiers you think are necessary to add in order to elevate them to "well-known" or "big-name publication" or wherever else you plan to move your posts to next.
    Admitting that it's bigger than I thought but pointing out that it's authors may still not be is not moving the goal posts. It's admitting that I was wrong while pointing out a fact that remains true across even some of the largest media outlets: op-eds are subject to very little vetting.

Just, be kind.

Let's keep ME:A related discussion to the main thread for now, please.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...fect-Andromeda