Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want to be Affli, but I'm trying to get my Destro as high as I can before 7.2 hits so that if it turns out Affli is really bad, I have a reasonable back-up ready. If Demo is best though, I'm scuppered.

54/35/42ish are my artifacts and I have Destro and Affli belts to pair with Norgannon/Pillars/Sephuz, so I'm OK for legendaries.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Im been Destro since TBC, i always liked the idea of been a chaotic piromaniac, and Destro is in a good position right now to me, is very funny seems people running away of a huge green comet in PVP, also in PVE if the mobs could run away... So, i dont see the need to change what always have give me fun. I play for fun, not for the numbers or the glory anyway.

Destro/Demo. Just the same way I did in EN/ToV/NH. Already 10 leggo's deep and next one should be decent for Destro for me.

I leveled to 110 as Afflic, gave in and went Destro because of how badly it was performing at max level, happily went back to Afflic after 7.1.5, and the few tweaks in 7.2 aren't bad enough that I'd give up on it again.

I'm using a MG/AC/SC build that sacrifices potential performance for reliable output. It's very forgiving of all the small distractions that come with raid leading while still being powerful enough that I usually top my guild's DPS meters. Plus it's using the "pool then burst" playstyle I'm use to from Warlords Demonbolt Demo and Mists Destro, even if the specifics are a little different. By now I can play it with half my brain paying attention to other stuff. Which I often have to, see again "raid leader distractions".

It'd take a lot to get me to swap again this far into the expansion.

Deleted
    I have demo at 53 traits and i have legendary shoulders for it + other specs are under 40 traits.
    I might switch to destro because grinding ap to "50+"-ish isn't that bad with the higher AK levels in 7.2, + i feel kind of burned-out on demo.

Deleted
    7.2? No reason to switch from Affli, besides maybe gameplay.
    Will however try to get my destro gear on par with my Affli gear for 7.2.5.

Deleted
    Any news on how destrution will fare in 7.2? IS there changes to the spec so that you dont have to changes talents depending on ST/cleave/aoe? It sucks to respec so many times.

And is the shard starving problem being looked at/fixed aswell or do we need to wait for 7.2.5 for burning embers?

Quote Originally Posted by sinddk View Post
    Any news on how destrution will fare in 7.2? IS there changes to the spec so that you dont have to changes talents depending on ST/cleave/aoe? It sucks to respec so many times.

And is the shard starving problem being looked at/fixed aswell or do we need to wait for 7.2.5 for burning embers?
    They didn't make any significant changes to any class for 7.2, they're keeping balance passes for 7.x.5 patches. They already confirmed that 7.2.5 will be happening at some point either before or with tomb of sargeras, so current numbers are pretty meaningless for spec decisions. Should just be worried about mechanics / what you enjoy.

Also what shard starving problem? Are you talking about destro? Because destro drowns in an excessive amount of shards its literally the opposite of starving.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Not everyone there got his belt. And I'm not sure if T20 tier bonuses are officially finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Dem Dragons View Post
    Not everyone there got his belt.
    In regards to the shard gen? I have the belt and my belt generates around 15-20 shards on average a fight. Looking at krosus my belt generated 18 out of the 172 shards I gained during that fight.

Now I dunno about you, but saying 154 shards is "starved" in a single target encounter is total bullshit to me. Baseline shard gen is asinine.

And I'm not sure if T20 tier bonuses are officially finished.
    We can only hope. Sigma talked about the aff tier and nothing has changed, so I think it pretty likely that'll change. I dunno bout the destro one, really depends on what other changes they may / may not make going into 7.2.5.

Think we'll see some tier bonuses change in general across classes though by 7.2.5.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    In regards to the shard gen? I have the belt and my belt generates around 15-20 shards on average a fight. Looking at krosus my belt generated 18 out of the 172 shards I gained during that fight.

Now I dunno about you, but saying 154 shards is "starved" in a single target encounter is total bullshit to me. Baseline shard gen is asinine.

We can only hope. Sigma talked about the aff tier and nothing has changed, so I think it pretty likely that'll change. I dunno bout the destro one, really depends on what other changes they may / may not make going into 7.2.5.

Think we'll see some tier bonuses change in general across classes though by 7.2.5.
    154 isn't, my 86 is. Granted, I don't run conduit as it's simply DPS loss and I should soak pitches on the wall. There are moments I'm simply spamming incinerates hopelessly for 10 seconds or more and there is nothing I can do about it. I still probably do the same DPS as you, the thing is that people without belt & SC are consistently using pointless filler and we don't really have the option to play differently without playing slot machine, that soul conduit is, or losing DPS. I dont mind being shard starved because I'm already familiar with destro mechanics and how random they are (CDF and ELT help), but lack of resources still happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Grxgg2k View Post
    I love how affliction plays right now, but it does seem like demo is stronger in many ways. I might try to switch, but not yet sure how. I tried it for a day, but I can't get used to how demo plays, mainly because I have no idea what I'm doing or should do..

Talking PVP here though.
    What exactly is there to love about affliction, outside of numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dem Dragons View Post
    154 isn't, my 86 is. Granted, I don't run conduit as it's simply DPS loss and I should soak pitches on the wall. There are moments I'm simply spamming incinerates hopelessly for 10 seconds or more and there is nothing I can do about it. I still probably do the same DPS as you, the thing is that people without belt & SC are consistently using pointless filler and we don't really have the option to play differently without playing slot machine, that soul conduit is, or losing DPS. I dont mind being shard starved because I'm already familiar with destro mechanics and how random they are (CDF and ELT help), but lack of resources still happen.
    CDF is effectively replacing soul conduits shards and then some when you're running that without belt. You can basically count 1 CDF cast as 1 CB cast since they average the same dmg~ish. You should have over 25 casts of CDF on a typical krosus kill, which is effectively over 50 shards worth of value coming out of that talent.

There's really no world where we're starved for resource and casting too much filler,its the opposite. You look at a CDF parse and you're easily casting as many "spenders" between cdf and CB as you are incinerates.Their cast rate should be nothing even remotely similar imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    CDF is effectively replacing soul conduits shards and then some when you're running that without belt. You can basically count 1 CDF cast as 1 CB cast since they average the same dmg~ish. You should have over 25 casts of CDF on a typical krosus kill, which is effectively over 50 shards worth of value coming out of that talent.

There's really no world where we're starved for resource and casting too much filler,its the opposite. You look at a CDF parse and you're easily casting as many "spenders" between cdf and CB as you are incinerates.Their cast rate should be nothing even remotely similar imo.
    Just to pile on here: I gotta say, what a weird issue for someone to bring up at this point in the xpac. At the start of EN, sure. But now?

I DON'T have the belt and there is no way I would describe myself as being starved for shards. FFS my problem is dumping them fast enough to not constantly be capped. Now I'll admit there can be some rare times where I'm sitting at a single shard for a few incinerate casts; but that's hardly starved; that's a break from not spamming CB/cds constantly. I mean maybe people have stat/gear issues. I have decent haste in my destro gear. But from all the other maintenance/priority spells/cds destro requires to keep up solid dps, how in the world would anyone with decent gear be casting incinerate over and over and just hoping for shards. I don't buy it. This is either a gear issue, a completely unreasonable expectation that CB is our spammable filler issue, or a "I'm completely unaware of the existence of conflag/immolate spells and uptimes" issue.

I'd take a buff to CB and a nerf to shard generation before I complained about being 'starved'. I can't even imagine what it'll be like with higher haste levels and the belt. You've got the wrong disaster in mind for them to fix. If anything (if, if, if) it's not starvation, it's drowning.

Quote Originally Posted by BannedForViews View Post
    Who cares. Play what the fuck you want. Don't worry about why someone else likes it.

You have 4 legendries? How long have you been playing demo?

Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly View Post
    Who cares. Play what the fuck you want. Don't worry about why someone else likes it.
    Hey, thanks for the reply that has absolutely nothing to do with the question I asked someone else. Maybe take your own advice and not care about why I may care what someone else likes!

Quote Originally Posted by BannedForViews View Post
    Baked in self healing strong enough to never need healing, ever.

Not that that outweighs being unable to target swap, but with prydaz on, I can just ignore mechanics and outheal everything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liarparadox View Post
    Just to pile on here: I gotta say, what a weird issue for someone to bring up at this point in the xpac. At the start of EN, sure. But now?

I DON'T have the belt and there is no way I would describe myself as being starved for shards. FFS my problem is dumping them fast enough to not constantly be capped. Now I'll admit there can be some rare times where I'm sitting at a single shard for a few incinerate casts; but that's hardly starved; that's a break from not spamming CB/cds constantly. I mean maybe people have stat/gear issues. I have decent haste in my destro gear. But from all the other maintenance/priority spells/cds destro requires to keep up solid dps, how in the world would anyone with decent gear be casting incinerate over and over and just hoping for shards. I don't buy it. This is either a gear issue, a completely unreasonable expectation that CB is our spammable filler issue, or a "I'm completely unaware of the existence of conflag/immolate spells and uptimes" issue.

I'd take a buff to CB and a nerf to shard generation before I complained about being 'starved'. I can't even imagine what it'll be like with higher haste levels and the belt. You've got the wrong disaster in mind for them to fix. If anything (if, if, if) it's not starvation, it's drowning.
    That's really intriguing to read, could you please enlighten me what kind of dps are you doing on i.e Krosus with those consistent overcapping problems? Because I feel if I were in your situation I would do much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm staying affliction, especially since I have the Agony helm and UA belt