Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I want for there to be crit and haste. Thats it. No mastery and no versatility. It makes the game complex for no reason. Picking your gear requires you to constantly sim your character to know what is an upgrade. That is just wrong. There's no fun in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    Do you really think that someone who brought down Deathwing and the Lich King (as well as others) would struggle to hit a wolf on the Broken Isles?
    Well, hitting a dragon the size of a mountain seems actually easier than a rabid ball of fur jumping everywhere, so yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    So, after defeating the Thunker King, the Sha, saving an alternate dimension Draenor from Guldan, we should need additional assistance (aka hit on weapons) to hit that fel imp running around the broken Islands. You are right- makes perfect sense (how did I miss it)?
    You probably missed it when you were one-shotting Arthas and Malygos while having to hit several times said fel imp, but that part didn't bother you.
    Last edited by Akka; 2017-03-18 at 05:59 PM.

Bring back Multistrike!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I'd like a +Crit Damage Stat. Kind of like how Surge worked in SWTOR.
    Or a "reach" Tertiary stat. That increased the range of attacks by a % i.e 20% reach adds 20% range on attacks, Melee Range would go from 5 to 6 yrds, a 40yrd attack would go to 48yrds etc.
    +crit dmg would be my pick as well...increase of damage or healing on crit. Lots of people say armor pen...that was fun on some classes (mainly plate melee) but it would not be a stat healers could take advantage of or some dps...so, meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's enough secondary stats as it is. Ideally Crit and Haste and Mastery is fine. It's bad enough with sometimes you don't get the secondary stats you want.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Luck : Increases your chances on crits, avoid hits or any other combat action that involves chance.

Note: Luck doesn't increase your crit chance, it just means that when the crit is rolled, or any other random thing - there is a chance it could be better. So it isn't additive.
    Simply adding RNG on top of RNG is not interesting, and makes burst potential silly. See the removal of multistrike.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Sadly, people couldn't handle it, so it's gone.

- - - Updated - - -

How about, luck? Hah! +?% to drop chances? Get that farming spirit going!
    You people wanting hit and expertise back make me laugh. There was nothing hard, challenging, complex or exciting about hitting a mandatory number in order to not miss or be parried by a boss. They were asinine, pointless stats and Blizzard got rid of them because they realized they did nothing meaningful except give an extra hoop for people to have to jump through as well as make any gear with either of those stats past your caps basically unusable.
    Last edited by Servasus; 2017-03-18 at 06:43 PM.

I'd say +Hit, since I play a Fury warrior, but Blizzard took the lazy way out and added Focus In Battle.

Deleted
    I'd like a +Crit Damage Stat. Kind of like how Surge worked in SWTOR.
    Or a "reach" Tertiary stat. That increased the range of attacks by a % i.e 20% reach adds 20% range on attacks, Melee Range would go from 5 to 6 yrds, a 40yrd attack would go to 48yrds etc.
    Not in a billion years

Given the current state of the game, I think we've got all the secondaries we need. If anything, I think they just need to redesign Versatility, or just remove it altogether.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k 3.4GHz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3-1866 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB (2-Way SLI) | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45
    Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler; 200mm Fans x3; | Case: HAF 922 | PSU: Corsair Pro 750W

80+ FPS in Raids on Ultra. Stay mad.
    This setup no longer hits 80+ FPS in raids on Ultra. Stay sad.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    Simply adding RNG on top of RNG is not interesting, and makes burst potential silly. See the removal of multistrike.
    Well - anything you add will be RNG, because the whole thing is RNG. I'm just saying that adding a stat that REDUCED RNG for you might be cool.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Armor Penetration.

But seriously - what about [magic-type] resistance and [magic-type] attack?

For example - Shadow Priests do +10% Shadow DMG, but Affliction Warlock have +10% Shadow Resistance etc.
    half the mastery designs in the game are already like that

Armor Penetration.

For example - Shadow Priests do +10% Shadow DMG, but Affliction Warlock have +10% Shadow Resistance etc.
    Terrible idea. Why give one class a damage buff and another a defense buff. There would be riots in the streets. Have you not been reading the forums in like, forever?

If you want crazy, how about an increase in loot chance. We could call it lootical strike. It wouldn't be a seperate stat but maybe be made up of a combination of all secondaries. In that way a piece of loot that has a higher ilvl but with "the wrong stats" may look attractive cause it could give you a higher chance of loot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Rheckameohs View Post
    Given the current state of the game, I think we've got all the secondaries we need. If anything, I think they just need to redesign Versatility, or just remove it altogether.
    Versatility is actually the most interesting secondary from a gearing perspective, since there's a tradeoff, rather than it just being a throughput increase like the other three.

7+ Year Old Account
    Badassery - Increases your charcters size by X% and additionally Increases your shoulder piece size if you're an orc.

ARP would be nice to have back, or crit dmg.

Deleted
    PvE :

RNG - offset - rating. (200 Rating = 1%)

Increases the chance of getting a good Legendary, Titanforged, Relic, Trinket or Mount item. The chance is increased by a hidden system if a guildmember receives an item he doesn't deserve. The better the item, the higher your chance gets. When a person in LFR gets a 925 ilvl item you instantly get a legendary and a yell macro with "Oh boy I honestly deserve that!" is triggered.

On a more serious note :

I actually think that Primary + Mastery + Haste + Crit + Versatility is enough. The more you "know" about those stats the more sense it makes. It is astounding how much of the player base don't quite know how those stats behave, relatively speaking, to each other.

Each stat that I can come up with would be basically doing the same what the other stats already do, or they would be way too complicated to balance or code/introduce into the game.
    Some sort of damage amplifier when you have to move (as a caster)
    Some sort of protection system for bad crit/trinket RNG.
    Some sort of secondary stat that adds a new spell. For example "Enhancement - does increase your versatiltiy, haste, crit and mastery rating by X% for 10 seconds. 1 minute cooldown". And that is the best I could come up with even if it is just another cooldown.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Armor Penetration.

We had shadow resistance player buff.
    Druid buff gave resistances.
    Auras gave resistances.
    Spell penetration gear reduced resistances.
    Curse of elements used to reduce resistances.
    Also had armor reducing abilities from curse of weakness/sunder armor and such.

So this has been in the game already.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-03-19 at 12:02 AM.

Armor pen, I bring back my rogue and PvP till I drop.

7+ Year Old Account
    Excellent idea. I'd add Magic Resistance; a % chance for any non-damaging magic targeting you to fail ( ccs, debuffs, etc)
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amphyprion View Post
    I'd like to see versatility gone and multistrike introduced again, but done differently
    For example im a priest, mind blast multistrikes making it hit twice(the second hit only damages for a % of the first hit), therefore i gain double the insanity
    Im a destro lock talented with backdraft, my conflagrate procd my multistrike, therefore my next 4 incinerates or chaos have -30% cast time.
    Im a ret my multistrike procs on crusader, guess i get 2 holy powers

Something along these lines
    Elemental Shaman's class Mastery stat is basicly based around this. Second "free" hit is slightly lower damage but still grants resources.

Also they got higher Crit damage % already for the people who mentioned that.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-03-19 at 12:11 AM.