Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I specifically said "a celebrity who lives off popularity". What part of it did you miss? Why are you arguing a strawman?
    All non-pro sports celebrities live off of popularity so that holds no water.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    All non-pro sports celebrities live off of popularity so that holds no water.
    What holds no water? If they live off popularity they have no right to complain about the public.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    What holds no water? If they live off popularity they have no right to complain about the public.
    And people should get no sympathy if/ when they overstep the boundaries of decency and get bitched out by them as a result. Just sayin'.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Think again...
    Kardashian, Chrisley, Honey boo boo.. Just three examples.
    Accomplished absolutely nothing, famous just because...

I want to agree with you, since it would be all the right reasons. But that's not how the 21th century works anymore.
    Nowadays you can be a celebrity without contributing anything of use ever.
    I'm far from a fan of her but Kim Kardashian actually runs a successful business. Most of her family do. I've no idea who the other two you mentioned are though.

I don't do selfies in the first place, but if I did, I wouldn't bother with celebrities. They are just people.
    Last edited by SirBeef; 2017-03-18 at 10:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You build a career around being popular for the biggest part and not your music, since let's be honest that's what a lot of new pop artists are.
    These things are going to come back and bite you in the ass, if you want hordes of teenage girls buying all your albums and silly movies, as you're being constantly promoted by hired people on social media, yeah don't like it now? Too bad.

Now if you are a great artist, actor that means being a celebrity is part of the deal there as a byproduct i do have some sympathy for those people. Be popular for what you do, not who you are and there's a good chance you'll have a lot more respect from fans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    A celebrity living off popularity isn't talented... They're celebrities due to attention

I agree talented celebrities like artists shouldn't have to become hermits because of plebs
    Being able to create a personality that grabs the attention of millions, making them follow you fanatically, also requires talent/skill. Bieber doesn't have to be talented in singing, but being talented in selling his persona is something he definitely has.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Meeting the Trailer Park Boys would be neat. Patrick Stewart, Richard Dean Anderson some other assorted SciFi alumi.

I have no sympathy for the ones who get swarmed, its part of the exchange they willfully accept.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Meeting the Trailer Park Boys would be neat. Patrick Stewart, Richard Dean Anderson some other assorted SciFi alumi.

I have no sympathy for the ones who get swarmed, its part of the exchange they willfully accept.
    I haven't met Patrick Stewart but it's on my bucket list. Also higher on that list currently is Lindsey Morgan. So far I've met Paige from the WWE, Eliza Dushku, Chloe Bennet, Elizabeth Henstridge, Lindsey Stirling and Les Stroud.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano