Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Those Inside Amy Schumer sketches were definitely funny.
    They were funnier when they were someone else's stand up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Deleted
    She's just opt very funny Imo, I'm sure there were some trolls giving 1star ratings without watching it just because they don't like her, but I doubt it was in a meaningful enoigh amount to get the reviews that low

Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    I just finished watching it, and while it didn't blow me away I didn't find it bad either. Is it one of those things where it's just not true to the comic so people are disappointed? As a show, it at least kept my attention
    Nah the main character was just not good to me, it really doesent make me entushiasm for something when the protagonist is someone i dont like on any level. NetFlix had better protagonist from Marvel that were nothing like the comic, like Jessica Jones and yet i liked her alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Nah the main character was just not good to me, it really doesent make me entushiasm for something when the protagonist is someone i dont like on any level. NetFlix had better protagonist from Marvel that were nothing like the comic, like Jessica Jones and yet i liked her alot.
    Ohh, yeah I feel that. He was kind of a little bitch

I watched it- was okay. I cracked a smile a few times.

Generally, I rarely find female stand-up comedians funny. Schumer never struck me as a strong stand-up comedian; I like her in films but meh on stage.

Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    Ohh, yeah I feel that. He was kind of a little bitch
    I mean, I get what they were going for. They were trying to convey that Danny's basically a boy who hasn't really come of age yet. He's never dealt with his parent's deaths, he's still naive about romance (and a virgin at the start of the show) - even his demeanor is that of a boy. And I get the sense that the monks never taught him how to deal with his anger, just suppress it. That's why his anger keeps flaring up, and because he's dealing with shit that he hasn't had to at Kun'Lun, he has a harder and harder time controlling it and suppressing it.

I honestly didn't think IF was bad. I actually liked it a lot more than Jessica Jones. While I liked Krysten Ritter as Jones, and I liked Jessica Jones as a character, the series was a huge slog for me and I was incredibly bored all the way through.

15+ Year Old Account
    Too bad she's boring like crap.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I would assume she rather deflect from the fact she's not funny then admit to it.

i hate this woman cause she is a joke stealer she stole jokes from patrice o neal she is another dane cook
    mr pickles

Amy Schumer is clearly the funniest comedian to ever put on comedy pants and there isn't a single other reason than trolling that she has a 1 star rating.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Amy Schumer is like the Carlos Mencia of Female Comedians.

All she does is take already used jokes and put a Female Twist on them instead of a Latino one.

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Amy Schumer is an unfunny, 1-note comedian.

And she's .... less than pleasing to look at.
    And a rapist

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    So, this thing has a one-star rating on Netlfix. Schumer, of course, completely blames it on alt-right trolls maliciously downgrading her for political reasons. My take on it? I've tried to watch this thing twice. The first time I made it nine minutes in, the second time I got to the 16 minute mark. I just plain got bored. It wasn't very funny, the majority of it was all graphic sex humor and I wasn't laughing.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with using sex in standup at all. To this day one of my favorite comedy specials is Robin Williams Live on Broadway and yeah, he used sex a LOT and I loved it. And I realize that humor is subjective - what one person finds hilarious, the next person might find cringey and awful. But there seems to be a common consensus that Schumer's special just wasn't very good. So is this the new thing? If a comedian fails, it's not the comedian's fault, it's the political opposition's fault for calling it bad?
    This sounds like Ghostbusters, where the movie was just a hot piece of garbage, but people pretended the criticism was because it starred women.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    To be fair, Iron Fist was bad.
    It wasn't Bad, it just wasn't as great as Luke Cage and DareDevil. When you have those 2 to be compared to, you kind of need a bit more substance.

Still better than Sex and the City: Hero Edition. I mean Jessica Jones.

Amy Schumer is a good comedian,.
    You sir have a future in comedy with jokes like that.

But lets be honest, the bad ratings are probably because everyone has hear the jokes before, you know, from the people she stole them from.
    Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I support the other side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Netflix's ratings are utter garbage as far as I can see anyway.

Amy Schumer is a good comedian, I haven't seen this show though.
    Hahahahahahahahah. Oh Mormolyce.

15+ Year Old Account
    bwuhuhu my vagina huuuueuueuee - amy schumer
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Her delivery of saying something dumb then mumbling something slightly vulgar under her breath gets old super fast. Then she just stretches a joke on way past it's shelf life.

She could be funny but her delivery and timing suck ass. She also basically has two punchlines "I'm a whore" "I'm a Jew". Watch her first set and that's like watching all her sets.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

7+ Year Old Account
    Is she by chance in leather? If so, that'd be the reason. *shudder*

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    It wasn't Bad, it just wasn't as great as Luke Cage and DareDevil. When you have those 2 to be compared to, you kind of need a bit more substance.

Still better than Sex and the City: Hero Edition. I mean Jessica Jones.
    Haven't seen Iron Fist. Hopefully it's not as dark and bleh as Jones. Haven't watched Cage, either. Strikes me as a male version of Jones. I did like Daredevil because it actually had a plot that wasn't horrible with some interesting characters. Jones barely had a plot at all and even less of a "super hero" feel. Your analogy is pretty apt, actually, though you could leave the "Hero Edition" off and still be spot on.

She isn't funny, just vulgar. Plenty of Netflix originals featuring men as the leads have bad ratings as well. She's really furthering dat feminist agenda though when she's acting like a petulant child rather than just accepting that MAYBE, her show didn't go over well because it didn't entertain viewers.

Maybe she's the female equivalent to Trump?... Does this mean we should fear her becoming president in the future??