Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I like a good biotic grenade blocking some transendance healing tbh, playing into Zen can get frustrating quick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, there's nothing more frustrating than getting an ult countered, and Ana against Zenny is the worst. He's already the weakest healer, he relies on that transference a lot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Her ult disappears if you die while throwing it. She's getting hooked by Roadhog while in ice block, and it also puts the ice block on cooldown.
    That's always happened. If needs to hit the ground and activate or most times it goes poof. There's many other ults that do the same where they expend it and if you die during the announcement you lose most if not all of it. Mei being targetable in the iceblock was added just before S4. It's probably latency if you're inferring that you die?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

I play pretty aggressively when I play Lucio, sometimes gets me in trouble but with a good team the payoff is that much stronger. Not the type of person to shy away from most team fights. I love saving team members that Mei freezes by booping her away or knocking an aggressive opponent into our back line to be decimated by the team. The wall ride buff might be too much for some maps though. Just as a for instance, a Lucio wall riding the center pillar in Lijang-Garden is already pretty damn hard to hit for a lot of people, and riding it faster now will allow a good Lucio to hold that point for a long time jumping from Pillar to Wall and back again. This obviously isn't the only map, but it's definitely a very prominent one where the buff can be considered too much.
    The healing increase also might be pretty strong...I know a lot of people consider it a nerf, but this is really going to up his team healing as well a step his self healing for escaping as well as good players holding a point longer. As it is now, I held a cap point at Ilios-Ruins as Lucio for about 30 seconds while not me team ran back because people were having a hard time hitting me.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2017-03-19 at 02:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    That's always happened. If needs to hit the ground and activate or most times it goes poof. There's many other ults that do the same where they expend it and if you die during the announcement you lose most if not all of it. Mei being targetable in the iceblock was added just before S4. It's probably latency if you're inferring that you die?
    No, she didn't lose the ult, she dropped it and it still went off. Since the last patch, it's vanishing without a trace and you lose your ult charge.

No, it's not a latency issue. I've had cases of baiting the hook and blocking before he even activates it, and getting pulled out of the ice block. Also multiple other reports of this. As you said, this is likely an issue derived from the fact she can now be targeted while in ice block, but this is actually a major issue.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is a nerf to his role as support - he might be better for getting kills and being annoying but his speed boost got HUGE nerf. Forget the healing for a second and think about the nerf to the speed radius.

The radius should be increased during amp, to at least 20. Or there should be a scaling effect based on distance and return the original 30m.
    Last edited by Orangetai420; 2017-03-19 at 04:03 AM.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    This is a nerf to his role as support - he might be better for getting kills and being annoying but his speed boost got HUGE nerf. Forget the healing for a second and think about the nerf to the speed radius.

The radius should be increased during amp, to at least 20. Or there should be a scaling effect based on distance and return the original 30m.
    Someone on Reddit had a cool suggestion. Keep the original radius, but have a healing dropoff at certain intervals.

I really don't think Lucio needed any changes.

Apart from the range circle, that's helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    You don't think that's by design? Zen is invincible during his ult so the only other thing you can really do to counter is knock him away at bit.
    I would be fine if she could, if only she could not also counter EVERY OTHER ULTIMATE in the game with her sleepdart.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I really don't think Lucio needed any changes.

Apart from the range circle, that's helpful.
    He clearly did though, his gameplay was too non-interactive at lower levels of skill and it could be very unrewarding at higher levels of skill because of his weak gun, despite having good movement mechanics.

He was also getting incredible pickrates still but nerfing him more directly would be a bad idea.

Plenty of good Lucio players like these changes (assuming parts of it still get reiterated upon)

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    He clearly did though, his gameplay was too non-interactive at lower levels of skill and it could be very unrewarding at higher levels of skill because of his weak gun, despite having good movement mechanics.

He was also getting incredible pickrates still but nerfing him more directly would be a bad idea.

Plenty of good Lucio players like these changes (assuming parts of it still get reiterated upon)
    I didn't find his gameplay non-interactive. Mind you I've always played him on the front line.

I'm sure Lucio players do like it, the range change isn't that big a deal and the rest is a ridiculous buff for a character who was already one of the best healers in the game. Shrug. I guess we'll see how it shakes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I didn't find his gameplay non-interactive. Mind you I've always played him on the front line.

I'm sure Lucio players do like it, the range change isn't that big a deal and the rest is a ridiculous buff for a character who was already one of the best healers in the game. Shrug. I guess we'll see how it shakes out.
    I agree, the tuning is clearly off, but the gun changes are quite nice and his healing being a little more limited in range but stronger is probably going to be good change in the long run if they get the numbers right.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someone on Reddit had a cool suggestion. Keep the original radius, but have a healing dropoff at certain intervals.
    that would be perfect, instead of scaling just make it 3 different areas each with diminishing healing/speed as distance increases
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

No, she didn't lose the ult, she dropped it and it still went off. Since the last patch, it's vanishing without a trace and you lose your ult charge.

No, it's not a latency issue. I've had cases of baiting the hook and blocking before he even activates it, and getting pulled out of the ice block. Also multiple other reports of this. As you said, this is likely an issue derived from the fact she can now be targeted while in ice block, but this is actually a major issue.
    I've noticed this too on console. I would do a mei ult and then die and the ult would disappear. Didn't use to do that before
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

15+ Year Old Account

It's happened to me hundreds of times before this patch. I played Mei the entire first season and it's always pissed me off.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    Lucio is one of my two most played heroes. I'm cautiously optimistic about the changes. While the drastically decreased radius of his auras are a bit of a bummer, it will be nice to have strong heals again. Right now Lucio's heals are weaker than Soldier's; their one advantage was that I basically just needed LoS on people to at least give them something (well, and mobility). It will nice to be able to actually heal more effectively, and will also mean I'm not forced to pick Mercy or Ana in single heal situations since Lucio is kinda ass now at being a solo healer.

I do like the idea of keeping the current radius and just have the healing drop off at certain distances. How would that work for speed? It doesn't seem as worth it that way.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

This is a massive buff to Good lucio players and a nerf to scrub playerss.

I play quite a bit of Lucio and his survivability is a bit too much right now. Two changes I'd suggest. Cap his boost off the wall so it doesn't continually stack (or maybe allows for two stacks) and make his self healing at the old pace while keeping the 50% increase for teammates. I think with those two changes he'll be in that sweet spot where he isn't unkillable in the right hands and still has the increased mobility for the extra zipping between teammates he will have to be doing (if you play him as a support).

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    I agree, the tuning is clearly off, but the gun changes are quite nice and his healing being a little more limited in range but stronger is probably going to be good change in the long run if they get the numbers right.
    I don't mind the gun changes, and I'm sure his wall riding will feel more smooth and fun, but his speed is going to be absolutely insane IMO.

He already had, in addition to a strong kit as a standard healer, a pretty powerful niche as a payload contester. I think this might push him into "must pick" status. But I guess we'll see once it's live.

All these people complaining about the nerfs/ups here and on reddit but no-one testing and reporting directly on the PTR-related stuff

Keep being live players dudz, complaining when the patch comes live, that's totally the best way to make things better