Page 34 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    See this is the problem... It was a joke.

He's not a god damn sexist... How can you even say this?
    Because Endus is blatantly far left, and as such offended by people so much as sneezing in a way that could be upsetting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Sexist jokes are;
    A> only funny to sexists, and
    B> still sexist.

Because his "joke" was obviously sexist? It literally demeans women. That's the whole "joke", making fun of women. Sorry, I don't see the humor. It's like making a joke about "how greedy Jews are", or "how dumb black people are". Those are just racist statements. People who aren't prejudiced don't find them funny in the first place.
    Because it's a joke so maybe stop being an uptight pussy and laugh a little. I bet you go to youtube to comment about how horrible the "[ethnic group] songs" are by Zflo dont you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    That's not how that works. One can be apathetic about something and still discuss it.
    If you have an issue with something, you are hardly apathetic about it.

Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    Wait so you have to be a comedian to make jokes now? Is there a license to become a comedian people have to get or else they aren't allowed to make provocative jokes.

Do you honestly not realize how stupid and hypocritical what you're saying is? Normal people I guess aren't allowed to joke anymore in this bizarro world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    Uh.... wat? You are not making sense right now. Or are you saying it's ok for comedians to "hurt" peoples feelings, but it's not okay for others? Do you need to be a licensed comedian in order to make jokes? Is it okay to "hurt" peoples feelings if i directly profit from doing so?

Like i said, people are making themselves a victim when they start taking random shit spewed by a person they are not supposed to be taking seriously, seriously.
    Nope. What I am saying is that everybody should take responsibility for their actions. You don't have to be a comedian to make jokes, but if you make jokes as a comedian, then you will get a different reaction from people than if you make jokes, say, on a job interview, or when talking on a church event. If you are having a job interview and make a racial joke, and the employer says, "Sorry, your views aren't compatible with our working environment", then you really only have yourself to blame. On the other hand, the employer can be cool and appreciate your sense of humor and say, "Great, we need more people like you in our company". Again, the reaction you get can differ, but what you fail to understand is that no one prevents you from saying anything - the only thing that can prevent you from it is the potential consequences you don't want to face.

It is pretty hard to have these discussions, when you people strawman complex points to some silly minimalist version and then say, "This does not make sense". It is not a black and white issue, it is not a side vs side issue. This is an issue of multiple people choosing to act a certain way, and the consequences followed by it. It is not about who is allowed to joke, it is about understanding that your jokes can lead to different reactions, depending on the context.

You are the ones making yourself victims, because you disliked the way people treated the joke you like. So your point is really hypocritical. Make a joke you want, and then own it, do not complain that not everyone is okay with your joke. This is real life, people here don't have to like each other's actions, and they can voice their concerns. If you are afraid of hearing out these concerns, then you simply aren't prepared to live in a free society.
    Last edited by May90; 2017-03-19 at 02:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    ...I'm not talking about him personally. I'm talking about liberals who act like him. Of which there are still way more than should be since Trump fucking won partially due to their dumbassery.

Its like a person legitimately trying to call Louis CK a homophobe for his faggot joke because he used the word faggot.
    You're confused. Trump didn't win due to the Left's dumbassery. He won because of the right's dumbassery. The fact that they bought into a moronic troll with absolutely no idea of how to run a country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toosdey View Post
    Because Endus is blatantly far left, and as such offended by people so much as sneezing in a way that could be upsetting.
    Sorry that you're so offended by the assumption that I took offense, then, I guess?

That is what you're going for, right? Do you folks seriously not see how completely you self-satirize yourselves with this stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    You're confused. Trump didn't win due to the Left's dumbassery. He won because of the right's dumbassery. The fact that they bought into a moronic troll with absolutely no idea of how to run a country.
    You realize there can be multiple reasons a person wins, right?

Guy made a stupid joke, people overreacted. This thread is dumb. The end.

Do you folks seriously not see how completely you self-satirize yourselves with this stuff?
    Alert, alert, alert! Irony overload!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I'm also now outright stating that this idea that offense is purely taken is absolutely insane and not in line with human behavior, as you cannot simply will yourself to be a particular way from moment to moment simply because it's convenient and to be able to do that would require magical bullshit thinking along the lines of a soul that's not bound by physical cause and effect. Some people may have more or less control over their emotions or more or less ability to shrug things off, but those that lack those abilities can't simply decide to have them in the moment it occurs. It is something that, at best, can be cultivated over a long period of time.
    I mean, technically, this idea is correct: a person can willingly condition themselves to not give a damn about anything people tell them. I know such examples in real life. These people tend to be very weird and asocial, they do not follow basic things such as etiquette, because, in their world, how other people perceive them means nothing.

In reality, if one wants to be a part of the society, then trying to avoid responsibility for one's words by shifting the blame for the reaction solely on the reacting side isn't going to get them anywhere. So this is the kind of point that is good on paper, but doesn't work in practice.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alert, alert, alert! Irony overload!
    I mean, I know you and I went at it earlier in the thread, but you see it, right?

Random Dude: "Look at me! <Offensive comment>!"
    Endus: "Hey, that was offensive."
    Other anti-Endus dudes: "Hey, THAT, you taking offense at his comment, THAT was offensive, Endus."
    Endus: "You see the hypocrisy, right? You're doing what you don't like me doing."
    OA-ED: "WHARRGARBLE WE'RE NOT THE SAME ARGH."

I mean, I'm fine with people taking offense at stuff. People getting upset with me over whatever doesn't really bother me. Pretty sure if it got under my skin, I wouldn't still be here. The hypocrisy is what I'm pointing out. You can't get all bent out of shape over ME getting bent out of shape because "getting bent out of shape over stuff is BAD". Find a better argument. One that isn't clearly exactly the thing you're upset about.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol "anti-endus"

I was trying to find a way to phrase it that wouldn't immediately derail this into a debate about whatever label I picked and whether or not it applied, and that was as generic as I could make it.

I fully admit it's silly, but the intent is to not provide new things for people to complain about while we dig into this.

I mean, I know you and I went at it earlier in the thread, but you see it, right?

Random Dude: "Look at me! <Offensive comment>!"
    Endus: "Hey, that was offensive."
    Other anti-Endus dudes: "Hey, THAT, you taking offense at his comment, THAT was offensive, Endus."
    Endus: "You see the hypocrisy, right? You're doing what you don't like me doing."
    OA-ED: "WHARRGARBLE WE'RE NOT THE SAME ARGH."

I mean, I'm fine with people taking offense at stuff. People getting upset with me over whatever doesn't really bother me. Pretty sure if it got under my skin, I wouldn't still be here. The hypocrisy is what I'm pointing out. You can't get all bent out of shape over ME getting bent out of shape because "getting bent out of shape over stuff is BAD". Find a better argument. One that isn't clearly exactly the thing you're upset about.
    So basically you can get bent out of shape all you want and not be a hypocrite but others with different views are being hypocrites for getting bent out of shape.

The double standards there are amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    It's not even really technically correct in the way it's being presented. I'm aware that people can condition themselves to do that. I am like that myself, even without having to try. It doesn't mean I could spontaneously decide to be a completely different person who responds completely differently and do that in a moment. The implication of that, to say nothing of the fact that your brain isn't an Etch A Sketch you can just shake clean and redraw on a whim, is that other people who start out more sensitive can't just spontaneously stop being sensitive either.
    Well, yes. That presentation ignores the biology, the fact that there are reactions our life depends on which we cannot control at a whim. If we all had full control over our bodies, then perhaps the argument was sound - although it still relies on the shaky idea of human interaction happening in a vacuum, outside the society, in which, in reality, every person's action sends ripples affecting everyone else.
    Last edited by May90; 2017-03-19 at 02:54 AM.

You realize there can be multiple reasons a person wins, right?
    Well aware, but blaming someone who didn't vote for him is illogical. He is the fault of those who did vote for him. The morons just want to deflect blame to the "enemy".

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    You are still not getting it... Wow. Hypocrisy is in accepting the joke, but not accepting the reaction to the joke. Accepting both and pointing out your hypocrisy is not a hypocrisy.
    Its pretty clear that is this is what is sexism these days, sexism is the joke.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post

You are still not getting it... Wow. Hypocrisy is in accepting the joke, but not accepting the reaction to the joke. Accepting both and pointing out your hypocrisy is not a hypocrisy.
    Says the guy who doesn't have a problem with comedians making provocative jokes who are also making money in the process while someone who just says something pretty innocent with no profit motive is attacked. You would know about being a hypocrite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Says the guy who doesn't have a problem with comedians making provocative jokes who are also making money in the process. You would know about being a hypocrite.
    At this point, you are just blabbering incoherently. I don't have a problem with anyone saying anything, and anyone saying anything in response to anything. Doesn't mean I cannot laugh at ridiculous hypocritical arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    So basically you can get bent out of shape all you want and not be a hypocrite but others with different views are being hypocrites for getting bent out of shape.

The double standards there are amazing.
    There's no double standard.

I don't have an issue with people getting bent out of shape over stuff. I might take issue with the REASON they got bent out of shape, but not that they did.

People are attacking me for pointing out that the joke's a little sexist, because nobody should take offense to stuff like that. Despite them clearly having taken offense to my remarks. Which makes their position hypocritical.

I don't think getting bent out of shape over something is automatically "bad". There's no hypocrisy on my end.

- - - Updated - - -

Well aware, but blaming someone who didn't vote for him is illogical. He is the fault of those who did vote for him. The morons just want to deflect blame to the "enemy".
    Didn't vote for him, and couldn't vote in that election regardless, since I'm not American.

Blaming my views for Trump's victory is just wildly off-base. I don't have that kind of power, and even if I did, it would be why Trudeau got elected (who I also didn't vote for, FWIW).

There's no double standard.

I don't have an issue with people getting bent out of shape over stuff. I might take issue with the REASON they got bent out of shape, but not that they did.

People are attacking me for pointing out that the joke's a little sexist, because nobody should take offense to stuff like that. Despite them clearly having taken offense to my remarks. Which makes their position hypocritical.

I don't think getting bent out of shape over something is automatically "bad". There's no hypocrisy on my end.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't vote for him, and couldn't vote in that election regardless, since I'm not American.

Blaming my views for Trump's victory is just wildly off-base. I don't have that kind of power, and even if I did, it would be why Trudeau got elected (who I also didn't vote for, FWIW).
    Exactly, blaming the opposition for his victory is nonsense. 100% of the blame falls upon those who did vote for him.

Obviously the ones who voted for him are the ones who made him win. What a revelation.

You're missing the point that people who AREN'T his supporters can and did push people who might have supported him but were on the fence into supporting him because of their ridiculous bullshit like saying people who laugh at jokes that SJWs consider sexist makes them sexist as well. And that's some of the most sane comments of their insanity.