Page 35 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I mean, I know you and I went at it earlier in the thread, but you see it, right?
    -snip-
    The issue isn't that you're offended, it's how you take it upon yourself to be offended FOR someone else. You don't even consider them capable of determining if it is offensive to them or not. Your whole platform is "It was in some way derogatory towards women, therefore all women must hate it and I will hate it for them!" Your so busy sitting on your high horse you patting yourself on the back for being open minded person protecting some group, you don't even have the level of self awareness to understand how you are degrading to them. All of your hipocracy is OK because you tell yourself you are the good guy in this fight.

News flash though, you aren't. Nearly every person I've had to come in contact with in anyway who is like you just feels a need to patronize people around them. You've given up on trying to even determine the difference between humor and a mean spirited jab because of that need to feel like you are protecting someone who is incapable of doing it themselves. Just because someone is a women doesn't mean they can't enjoy humor at the expense of women. Just because someone is black doesn't mean they can't enjoy humor that's at the expense of blacks, so on and so fourth.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Obviously the ones who voted for him are the ones who made him win...

You're seemingly missing the point that people who AREN'T his supporters can and did push people who might have supported him but were on the fence into supporting him because of their ridiculous bullshit like saying people who laugh at jokes that SJWs consider sexist makes them sexist as well. And that's some of the most sane comments of their insanity.
    AKA: Stupid people need to blame someone else for their mistakes, so they say that the actions of the other side caused them to be morons. Got it, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's no double standard.

I don't have an issue with people getting bent out of shape over stuff. I might take issue with the REASON they got bent out of shape, but not that they did.

People are attacking me for pointing out that the joke's a little sexist, because nobody should take offense to stuff like that. Despite them clearly having taken offense to my remarks. Which makes their position hypocritical.

I don't think getting bent out of shape over something is automatically "bad". There's no hypocrisy on my end.
    Whatever dude the mind games folks like you play to justify your illogical hypocritical views are tiring.

Comedians can say racist or sexist stuff for profit and you don't bat an eye but this guy loses his job over nothing really and you're ok with that.
    Last edited by matt4pack; 2017-03-19 at 03:06 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    If you have an issue with something, you are hardly apathetic about it.
    Discussing something does not imply "having an issue with it".

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I'm also now outright stating that this idea that offense is purely taken is absolutely insane and not in line with human behavior, as you cannot simply will yourself to be a particular way from moment to moment simply because it's convenient and to be able to do that would require magical bullshit thinking along the lines of a soul that's not bound by physical cause and effect. Some people may have more or less control over their emotions or more or less ability to shrug things off, but those that lack those abilities can't simply decide to have them in the moment it occurs. It is something that, at best, can be cultivated over a long period of time.
    As I said before, a person can intentionally be confrontational and attempt to "offend" someone. In most cases, it'll probably work. But in the end, the determining factor is whether or not they take offense. If no offense is taken, there is no offense. And in the context of this topic, it absolutely does apply. If you take offense at something that's not derogatory, not directed at you or does not affect you, you're just being a cunt.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2017-03-19 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    AKA: Stupid people need to blame someone else for their mistakes, so they say that the actions of the other side caused them to be morons. Got it, thanks!
    Ah I forgot that nuance is lost on rabid ideologues.

Also its funny you seem to keep implying I voted for him by saying 'their mistakes.'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toosdey View Post
    The issue isn't that you're offended, it's how you take it upon yourself to be offended FOR someone else. You don't even consider them capable of determining if it is offensive to them or not.
    I spoke to that earlier.

I'm not "offended" (and I use quotes because I REALLY give the least of a shit about this) on behalf of anyone but myself. I'm not saying "you're a woman! You should be offended!" I'm not saying "you're a woman, you must feel too oppressed to be offended, so let me WHITE KNIGHT this shit!"

I find sexism (and racism and homophobia and all that) offensive. To ME. It's the underlying denigration and such that offends me. I don't have to be the target of that to get offended by it, the same way I don't have to personally get hit in the groin to not go "oooh!" when I see it happen. My taking offense has nothing to do with anyone but me, and it's ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously the ones who voted for him are the ones who made him win. What a revelation.

You're missing the point that people who AREN'T his supporters can and did push people who might have supported him but were on the fence into supporting him because of their ridiculous bullshit like saying people who laugh at jokes that SJWs consider sexist makes them sexist as well. And that's some of the most sane comments of their insanity.
    I thought no one could push a person, it was their own choice how to react? Or does it only apply where it is convenient?

Group A did something.
    Group B stupidly reacted on Group A's actions.
    Group C stupidly reacted on Group B's reaction by electing Trump.
    You: "Group B pushed group C!"
    Me: "But group A pushed group B."
    You: "Omg SJW"

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Discussing something does imply "having an issue with it".
    Sounds like a vocabulary juggling to me, but okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Also its funny you seem to keep implying I voted for him by saying 'their mistakes.'
    Fella, the guy said a sexist thing, in a public setting. it's to be expected to have backlash. To whine about that is disingenuous
    a person has to own what he/she says, and you cant blame it on others.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

No, your narrative is lost on people with an education past the 5th grade. It's an argument constantly made by his supporters to justify their mistakes. I also haven't implied that you voted for him. But if the shoe fits, lace em up tight.

No, your narrative is lost on people with an education past the 5th grade. It's an argument constantly made by his supporters to justify their mistakes. I also haven't implied that you voted for him. But if the shoe fits, lace em up tight.
    My narrative?

Wow, it must be really easy to spew your retardation when you just flatout assume people are things they've repeatedly said they aren't, huh?

Once again you've not learned your lesson and you, Endus, and your ilk's dumbass mentality is going to give us Trump for another 4 years in 2020.

My narrative?

Wow, it must be really easy to spew your retardation when you just flatout assume people are things they've repeatedly said they aren't, huh?

Once again you've not learned your lesson and your dumbass mentality is going to give us Trump for another 4 years in 2020.
    You're the one saying it. It's your narrative. I'm not assuming you're anything other than someone who is saying something really stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Fella, the guy said a sexist thing, in a public setting. it's to be expected to have backlash. To whine about that is disingenuous
    a person has to own what he/she says, and you cant blame it on others.
    Yeah 'cept the backlash wasn't "This was wrong." It was "let's get this guy fired," putting so much pressure on him and his company that he resigns.

Deleted
    This Colin dude should grow some balls and not whine like a little bitch simply because people disagree with what he said, typical special snowflake cuck.

You're the one saying it. It's your narrative. I'm not assuming you're anything other than someone who is saying something really stupid.
    Get back to me when you have anything to actually add beyond strawmen and mischaracterizations.

Get back to me when you have anything to actually add beyond strawmen and mischaracterizations.
    Get back to me when you know what those mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not his narrative...

Its the narrative of non-SJW liberals.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    OK, well have fun with your magic woo woo idea of behavior.
    This isn't about "behavior". If a person is not offended by something, logic dictates that it's not offensive to them. The determining factor is whether or not they take offense to it. You literally can't give offense to someone who's unwilling/unable to take offense. And conversely, someone taking offense at something they've no business being offended by is taking offense that was never given. Hence "offense is taken".

As far as varying degrees of sensitivity, etc, yes, that's true. However, in cases like this, where someone makes a satirical comment, those sensitivities are irrelevant. Just as some random person getting "offended" over some word they don't like that wasn't even spoken to them. Their sensitivities and "feelings" are utterly irrelevant. As I said earlier, if it's directed at/affects you and is derogatory, being offended is warranted. Otherwise, you being offended means nothing and no one has any obligation to care.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Sounds like a vocabulary juggling to me, but okay.
    I actually missed a word there (fixed) but no, it's really not. You absolutely can discuss something without having an issue with it.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2017-03-19 at 03:20 AM.

Yeah 'cept the backlash wasn't "This was wrong." It was "let's get this guy fired," putting so much pressure on him and his company that he resigns.
    that's backlash fella.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Its not his narrative...

Its the narrative of non-SJW liberals.

So because a Liberal comedian says something stupid and literally blames memes for Trump, that means anyone who isn't SJW thinks that way? Lol. I can tell you don't get out much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    I actually missed a word there (fixed) but no, it's really not. You absolutely can discuss something without having an issue with it.
    But you said explicitly that you had an issue with it.

"The only "issue" here is random people being "offended" by something some other random person said."
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.