Page 36 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    So because a Liberal comedian says something stupid and literally blames memes for Trump, that means anyone who isn't SJW thinks that way? Lol. I can tell you don't get out much.
    What a compelling argument.

if it wasnt for this website i would never know what people are currently crying about

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    So because a Liberal comedian says something stupid and literally blames memes for Trump, that means anyone who isn't SJW thinks that way? Lol. I can tell you don't get out much.
    I mean, the point is somewhat valid: there definitely were people voting for Trump because they were butthurt over being called a mean word on the Internet by the opposing side... But somehow I doubt it was a significant percentage of voters: most people don't care about online dramas, it is just a small fraction of people who haven't experienced much in life and get thrown out of equilibrium by random online trolls. Most of them don't even have a right to vote, I would imagine.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I mean, the point is somewhat valid: there definitely were people voting for Trump because they were butthurt over being called a mean word on the Internet by the opposing side... But somehow I doubt it was a significant percentage of voters: most people don't care about online dramas, it is just a small fraction of people who haven't experienced much in life and get thrown out of equilibrium by random online trolls. Most of them don't even have a right to vote, I would imagine.
    most of them would've voted for the republicans anyway. they only try to "blame" their imbecile vote on other people
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    most of them would've voted for the republicans anyway. they only try to "blame" their imbecile vote on other people
    Exactly this.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Yeah 'cept the backlash wasn't "This was wrong." It was "let's get this guy fired," putting so much pressure on him and his company that he resigns.
    The fact that people cannot seem to wrap their head around this is sad. It was a dumb little joke that people blew up because they apparently have nothing better to do. Social media is really turning into a curse, allowing the vocal authority of dumb to have way too much power.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    that's backlash fella.
    That's a concerted attack and success on somebody's actual livelihood, dogpiling his company and their supporters to try and get him to suffer financial damage over a retarded joke.

Its so indicative of you SJWs. You can't just express your opinion that it's wrong. You have to do longterm damage to somebody because you're so fucking pathetic in your dogma that it requires you to go above and beyond the pale in your virtue signalling.

The reaction of the offended people had a result other than hurt feelings - a guy lost his job. So it's not just two sides offending each other - it's one side getting offended and causing the other side to get punished. So for those who are upset about this, it's not about their offended sensibilities - it's not about hurt feelings. It's about disagreeing with the very real consequence that can happen to someone who just makes a joke because the joke offends people, and being concerned about what it means you can say in this country without incurring a punishment.
    You're not going to win here. Those people don't, or more likely can't, understand this point. They see it as, "Oh luls it was just backlash durrrrrrrrr."

Exactly the same thing as when two dudes were at a con and made a dick joke to one another and the pretentious bitch behind them hurt them, was offended, and cost them their job by getting their retarded followers to dogpile on their company demanding they fire them.

Or the scientist who landed a probe on the comet and the online sjw crybabies threw an epic temper tantrum over his anime girls shit.

There are tons and tons and tons of other examples. It's not just "Oh we were offended, this is wrong!" It's "Let's try to hurt this person financially, permanently" because their feeling were hurt.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-03-19 at 03:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Several people have made this argument and I think it's specious. The outcome that resulted from the original comment was that it offended people, full stop.

The reaction of the offended people had a result other than hurt feelings - a guy lost his job. So for those who are upset about this, it's not about their offended sensibilities - it's not about hurt feelings. It's about disagreeing with the very real consequence that can happen to someone who just makes a joke because the joke offends people, and being concerned about what it means you can say in this country without incurring a punishment.
    I'm unclear, is your argument that it is problematic that people have to think before they open their mouth because if they don't social punishment could befall them?

Fuck I dunno man, my dad taught me that when I was like, 5. Think first, speak second.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm unclear, is your argument that it is problematic that people have to think before they open their mouth because if they don't social punishment could befall them?

Fuck I dunno man, my dad taught me that when I was like, 5. Think first, speak second.
    Told ya, @Tonus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well, considering it's meant to play on the stereotype that women talk too much, then it is indeed sexist. I like a good sexist joke, which is what I would have preferred this thread turn into.
    I honestly did not perceive it like that at all when I've read it. The "Women talk too much" stereotype is so old and meaningless today, plus I'm pretty sure a lot of teenagers wouldn't get it. I thought he meant it in a very activist way instead. As in, the people who took a day off for that are usually very vocal about it, so it's nice not to hear about it for a day.

Perhaps I'm the one who can't understand a joke, but I do find this version funnier anyway!
    Last edited by Zandalarian Paladin; 2017-03-19 at 03:47 AM.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Tulune View Post
    The fact that people cannot seem to wrap their head around this is sad. It was a dumb little joke that people blew up because they apparently have nothing better to do. Social media is really turning into a curse, allowing the vocal authority of dumb to have way too much power.
    But this guy isn't dumb, for making a sexist comment, while under a microscope?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    But this guy isn't dumb, for making a sexist comment, while under a microscope?
    It was a joke on a stereotype that women are chatty. Not sexist at all. It was a dumb joke sure, but the backlash was beyond idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Of course, of course. It's those unreasonable fucks who are to blame for getting offended and being crybaby SJWs or whatever. You're nothing like them. You're not offended, just righteously indignant over the injustice of seeing someone mistreated at the hands of ignorant people. Don't they know their words and actions can hurt others????
    Yeah, you're right. I am offended when some retards online cost people their jobs over jokes they don't like.

"That joke offends me, lets get the dude fired"
    "It's a fucking travesty that retards online can cost somebody their job over a joke they don't like."

Those two ideas are TOTALLY identical. Yup. Definitely not asininely ignoring all context to try, and fail, to make a point. I love you, Endus, and your ilk's false comparisons here. Shows that you're just trying to do anything to distract from your failure of a position.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a concerted attack and success on somebody's actual livelihood, dogpiling his company and their supporters to try and get him to suffer financial damage over a retarded joke.

Its so indicative of you SJWs. You can't just express your opinion that it's wrong. You have to do longterm damage to somebody because you're so fucking pathetic in your dogma that it requires you to go above and beyond the pale in your virtue signalling.

You're not going to win here. Those people don't, or more likely can't, understand this point. They see it as, "Oh luls it was just backlash durrrrrrrrr."

Exactly the same thing as when two dudes were at a con and made a dick joke to one another and the pretentious bitch behind them hurt them, was offended, and cost them their job by getting their retarded followers to dogpile on their company demanding they fire them.

Or the scientist who landed a probe on the comet and the online sjw crybabies threw an epic temper tantrum over his anime girls shit.

There are tons and tons and tons of other examples. It's not just "Oh we were offended, this is wrong!" It's "Let's try to hurt this person financially, permanently" because their feeling were hurt.
    You sound so mad... Are you evolving into a SJW now?

The guy quit the job by his own choice, he said that explicitly. No one pushed him, he just didn't want to work in that environment, because he disliked how they reacted on his words. Take a deep breath, stop being a crybaby over illusory stories and practice what you preach.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

You sound so mad... Are you evolving into a SJW now?
    Get a new tactic beyond, "oh my god you're angry!" It was pathetic ten years ago.

The guy quit the job by his own choice, he said that explicitly. No one pushed him, he just didn't want to work in that environment, because he disliked how they reacted on his words. Take a deep breath, stop being a crybaby over illusory stories and practice what you preach.
    He quit his job because a bunch of tryhard crybabies were going after his company and their advertisers over a fucking joke. Grow up and learn some nuance.

The joke was objectively and unequivocally sexist. Not sure how anyone can keep a straight face arguing otherwise. Whether or not you personally care or are offended by it is another thing.

That said I'm completely unfamiliar with the term regressive left. Seems like a contradiction in terms. Regressive is Ronald Regan. Regressive is Trump America. The whole idea of his wanting to throw back / return to a previous time of supposed "greatness" is inherently regressive in nature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get a new tactic beyond, "oh my god you're angry!" It was pathetic ten years ago.

He quit his job because a bunch of tryhard crybabies were going after his company and their advertisers over a fucking joke. Grow up and learn some nuance.
    Notice how everyone here - me, Nixx, Bapestar, Endus, thepersona, Torgent and others - is absolutely calm and is having a mature discussion. You are the one throwing a tantrum over a story you haven't even understood. I wonder why!

No, what happened is this:
    - The guy made a joke.
    - People overreacted to that joke.
    - The guy's employers expressed their strong disapproval over the joke.
    - The guy said, "So, this is what you are like, huh? I don't want to work with you any more".

I would say the guy overreacted to people's words, but... You know... That would be a death blow to your argument, and I am not violent, I want to give it a chance.

It basically comes off like you're jealous that nobody gives a shit what you think
    That is my impression as well.

What context? You're just sitting here bitching your head off because people have opinions you don't like and voice them and, worse still, anyone gives a damn about their opinion, but couldn't give less of a fuck about yours
    ...yes clearly this is the case. It definitely isn't seeing a bunch of idiots defending brigading somebody to lose their job for a joke they didn't like. I'm so offended morons on MMO-Champion don't agree with me about politics. Caught me.

Notice how everyone here - me, Nixx, Bapestar, Endus, thepersona, Torgent and others - is absolutely calm and is having a mature discussion.
    rofl. All you 5 have done is spooge over one another in agreement.

infracted - minor flaming
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-03-19 at 04:25 PM.

"Regressive left" is basically just the new "SJW," which is itself some sort of political boogeyman anti-PC types love to break down into hysterics over because oh god not everyone does what they want all the time.
    Yeah that's what I figured. Just seems like most of this garbage ideology was buried in the depths of 4chan internet until 6 months ago when Trump gave a voice to the "voiceless" majority and all the racist/sexist white dude basement dwellers rallied themselves out of the YouTube comment section and into more diverse parts of the Internet.

He will sneak through to cast his illegal vote so his opinion will count. What do you think, he is "moderating" here for nothing?