Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    I think it's very wrong to say that World of Warcraft is not an MMO. Things evolve one way or another, and World of Warcraft is still in the MMO category, or MMORPG category if you want to type it out fully.

However, It's not an MMORPG type I agree with, I do prefer how MMORPG's were defined in the past, and not what it has become.
    FINALLY! Someone who gets it. Agrees it's an MMORPG yet doesn't think it's the MMORPG for them. This is the kind of response I was hoping for. Tome... thank you!

I agree MMO games have changed some for the better and some for the worse. Quality of Life wise I think they are in the best place possible so far. Problem is the market is saturated with loads of freemium bullcrap or p2w stuff.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-03-19 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    But you have no problem coming back in and making BS comments that WoW is 'barely' still a MMO.
    Well, that's my opinion. I prefer my MMORPGs to have some RPG elements to them and I don't think that Legion has enough of that, it feels more like an arcade game than a role playing game. I'm currently playing The Secret World for example and it actually feels like a living world and it has a lot of depth to it, and I consider that more of a RPG than WoW at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Well, that's my opinion. I prefer my MMORPGs to have some RPG elements to them and I don't think that Legion has enough of that, it feels more like an arcade game than a role playing game. I'm currently playing The Secret World for example and it actually feels like a living world and it has a lot of depth to it, and I consider that more of a RPG than WoW at the moment.
    Well you and a couple others here really have made it a mission to make it sound like "WoW isn't an MMORPG anymore" is some kind of fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    "some" rpg elements? Care to explain what makes a game have "some" rpg elements? Cause I'm sorry but WoW has felt like an MMO to me since Vanilla til now. But I'm curious to know what you think makes an RPG now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Well you and a couple others here really have made it a mission to make it sound like "WoW isn't an MMORPG anymore" is some kind of fact.
    I love the whole "feels like a living world" shit. NPCs that have the same things they do from Vanilla til now with giving quests, mobs that want you dead. Can still run away from mobs and leash them if shit goes bad.

the memes for sure
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I'm not saying that at all. It's still a MMORPG, it just feels like less of a RPG to me than it used to if that makes sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaCream View Post
    We've already been over this, it's not a MMORPG anymore, it doesn't matter how much you want it to be.
    Lol.... Who's been over this?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Well according to Vidget who is the Great Arbitrator of what is and isn't a MMO. Yup it is now considered a 1st person shooter.
    Damn i hate 1st person shooter. Can we turn it into 90's arcade?

Quote Originally Posted by TJrogue View Post
    Damn i hate 1st person shooter. Can we turn it into 90's arcade?
    NO! Just for that shit it is now a crappy puzzle game.

On paper, so to speak, it's still an MMO... But it's not really an MMO anymore.

There, that's your best way of putting it

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks0410 View Post

K and I still disagree with that but whatever floats your boat.

I'd say it is more massive than it was in the past what with the crz, which makes it more of an mmo today than it was in the past. you can group up and play with more ppl than you could in the beginning. at the start you were stuck doing dungeons with just the ppl on your one server, then months later you could pvp with everyone in your battlegroup, today its a lot more broad the community is more varied rather than isolated.

generally speaking the amount of ppl you can run into today is more massive than it was in the past.

i mean what is massive, for quality sake i can imagine wow won't let an area get too over crowded, once the amount of players starts affecting server performance they'll just use load balancing. plenty of games let you meet thousands of players even if they aren't technically mmos. they are still have massive interacting player bases. if you take away the genre of an mmo all you are left with is a lot of ppl playing the game, simultaneously.

Deleted

It's still horrendously wrong but sure.

Creativity and aspiration. There was so much to explore and experiment with.

The game feels flat to me with the finalized efforts of PvP design, excruciating requirements of Nighthold's later bosses, and the endless gating.

I'm working on a demon hunter alt (finally), and I also wanted to level up my rogue for the first time, since WotLK (I hit 100, but barely played her beyond leveling). However, to go through the class hall and grind up reputations, order hall resources by the dozens of thousands, and smash my face into more world quests?

Fuck.

That.

Legion killed alts if you're into progressive content on a main.

Deleted
    Whats better in Classic WoW then current WoW?

Simple, the most important thing in gaming: Community.

Oh, look, the usual suspects have ruined another thread making it a nitpicking fight that's a pale smokescreen for the endless Legacy agenda. Color me shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Oh, look, the usual suspects have ruined another thread making it a nitpicking fight that's a pale smokescreen for the endless Legacy agenda. Color me shocked.
    This thread is a much less active version of the Megathread which preceded it. Now that they have the option, though, the "usual suspects" are seemingly pre-occupied with something else...

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    I just find it amusing how those who want Legacy go around calling Legion "not an MMORPG" anymore. Mature yo.

It's still an MMO, it's just not much of an RPG any longer. People who refer to WoW as an MMORPG have little understanding what an RPG is. That's all anyone was saying.

WoW retail is a MMOBA? MMO-single-player-adventure? Pehaps a pseudo Guild Wars wanna-be?

It's a single player experience where you can observe other subscribers also single player'ing the game. PVP is where the MMOBA comes in, all instanced, since open-world PVP was largely nerfed to hell (though still existent - not used much if ever - not rewarding, unless you get your kicks by killing lowbies).

It interests some, disinterests others. It evolved over the past decade. Mainly because the original devs left. I'm not very impressed with the end results, but that is my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    It's still an MMO, it's just not much of an RPG any longer. People who refer to WoW as an MMORPG have little understanding what an RPG is. That's all anyone was saying.

WoW retail is a MMOBA? MMO-single-player-adventure? Pehaps a pseudo Guild Wars wanna-be?

It's a single player experience where you can observe other subscribers also single player'ing the game. PVP is where the MMOBA comes in, all instanced, since open-world PVP was largely nerfed to hell (though still existent - not used much if ever - not rewarding, unless you get your kicks by killing lowbies).

It interests some, disinterests others. It evolved over the past decade. Mainly because the original devs left. I'm not very impressed with the end results, but that is my opinion.
    K thanks for your opinion. WoW is still a MMORPG and it does not matter what you want to label it as. It was a RPG in Vanilla because you had to wait around in Orgrimmar to form groups or have bags with hundreds of arrows in them? NPCs give quests, you do dungeons and raids. Same shit for the past 12 years.

You can call it a 'single player experience' all you want but people soloed in Vanilla, in TBC, in WotLK and so on. I see people out in the world in Legion and *gasp* I even interact with them and join groups. Maddening I know. If it was as single player as you claimed those would be NPCs or some shit.

And you don't even having a fucking clue what open world PvP is like right now, you don't play Legion. Some of the other threads with people discussing cross-realm and the sharding technology can tell you how much PvP is going on right now. There is no difference between fighting on the road between Southshore and TarrenMill in Vanilla and having a large scale PvP fight at the world boss spawns in Legion.

You Legacy shills crack me up with your agendas. How's it going getting Blizz to make your official servers? Sure is a lot of noise being made about it..oh wait...it kind of died off didn't it? Huh. Funny that.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    It was new. The end.

Classic wow is not and will never be better than current wow in any way, shape or form when directly compared side by side. Anyone who tells you different is unable to separate nostalgia from reality.
    Very true, that's why I am against "legacy" servers, real or fake or not, it doesn't add anything I have played for 2+ years already.

Would I like server community to matter however, yes, some of the automatic cross-realm stuff , CRZ, and low pop realms need to be fixed, or cross-realm guild finders added.