Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account

Will Warcraft Ends just like Warhammer EndTimes?

For those who dont know, warhammer ended with the destruction of the world, the death of all characters, and the chaos ultimate win.

do you think warcraft will receive the same treatment? esp since warcraft is inspired a lot by warhammer.

tbh, we kinda never see the bad guys win, but warhammer end even though many people hated it, was satisfying for me, though it needed a bit more details into it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    For those who dont know, warhammer ended with the destruction of the world, the death of all characters, and the chaos ultimate win.

do you think warcraft will receive the same treatment? esp since warcraft is inspired a lot by warhammer.

tbh, we kinda never see the bad guys win, but warhammer end even though many people hated it, was satisfying for me, though it needed a bit more details into it.
    warcraft is inspired by many things, lovecraft, LOTR, Warhammer, and common mythology, so no i don't think the end will be the same as warhammer
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft has a different premise to warhammer, in that warhammer is an ugly setting in an apocalyptic landscape, so destroying all that is par for the course in that setting. Warcraft has many other layers then just warfare.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft doesn't strike me to be as cynical as warhammer.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    warcraft is speculated to: -

1- Sargeras wins and remakes the world

2- Void consumes Azeroth and awaken the corrupted Titan ( world end no remakes )

3- Titan is awaken untainted ( which is the most predictable and kinda boring? )

i find the first option the most interesting one, as you can create a whole new lore with the remade world, 2nd is the end of the lore

and 3rd? keep up with it

10+ Year Old Account

2- Void consumes Azeroth and awaken the corrupted Titan ( world end no remakes )

3- Titan is awaken untainted ( which is the most predictable and kinda boring? )

i find the first option the most interesting one, as you can create a whole new lore with the remade world, 2nd is the end of the lore

and 3rd? keep up with it
    Speculated by whom? I doubt any of these will actually happen.

7+ Year Old Account

and 3rd? keep up with it
    warcraft will not end as long as it give's blizzard tons of money.
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dear lord, I don't hope so. Endtimes was/is awful.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    i will start reading warhammer
    is it really bad ending ?

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    it wasn't awful, it was lacking details and reasons, the end time idea was awesome, bad guys winning is so rare that it is awesome

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    i will start reading warhammer
    is it really bad ending ?
    its literally the end of the world of warhammer, you can guess the rest, some people hates it because its the end

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    No because Games Workshop had 40k to fall back to, while Blizzard can't really slaughter warcraft like that.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    No because Games Workshop had 40k to fall back to, while Blizzard can't really slaughter warcraft like that.
    ending the lore doesn't mean slaughtering it, sometimes you end it to save it, instead of ruining it because u ran out of ideas

10+ Year Old Account
    ending the lore doesn't mean slaughtering it, sometimes you end it to save it, instead of ruining it because u ran out of ideas
    In that case its way too late to save anything.

7+ Year Old Account
    In that case its way too late to save anything.
    " but i will do anything to save azeroth "

" will you help me Arrashi "

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    " but i will do anything to save azeroth "

" will you help me Arrashi "
    As long as there are snacks and sarcasm im in.

I hope not, Warhammer is so dark, and warcraft is dark enough - way too dark for the kind of mainstream attention blizzard are aspiring Warcraft to be, especially since this is not the 90s anymore and most people in the west are actually facing a tough time now, with real danger now known to even the most oblivious communities in the US.. this generation now knows trouble after experiencing 9/11 and an economic crash - with all the headlines floating about, our generation doesn't find all consuming darkness as appealing as perhaps the previous 60s/70s lot did who had nothing to worry about.

That gloominess is attractive when peace and tranquility is the norm and youngsters consider the good ending boring because that's just ordinary to them. I can assure you, when life is on the knife edge and full of violence and war or threat of war to you, pace and happy endings are far more desirable then gloomy ones.

In other words, warcraft can't hope to push into mainstream proper if they tell their story like warhammer, and all indication is they do not. And what do you mean evil never wins? It wins far too much in warcraft, the story chapter just ends after the good guys have a big win, not after the bad guys have a big win. Imagine if the legion invasion story ended with broken shore intro? It wouldn't change anything about the next installment that includes the search for the pillars-- it would seem the bad guys won, but the next installment woudl show their victory wasn't permananet becuase the good guys come back again.

and vice versa..besides if evil wins, you'd be dead or be playing as an instrument of evil, which does not appeal to most people's idea of a fantasy of themselves - it's just weird, twisted and sick - and I know some people want/like that but don't expect the masses to be subbing to your game to play evil tyrant that ensures perversion and injustice wins the day.

About happy ending and such, you cant have a "real happy ending" withouth some "real" threath storytelling-wise.

If warcraft was invaded by small butterfly, i would feel less stressed to defend it.

Blizzard has told that WoW will continue as long as there are people who play it. So if you want to see the End Times you better quit en masse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Warcraft is already turning into an even shittier version of Age of Shitmar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably not. Some people might not die.