Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    You people wanting hit and expertise back make me laugh. There was nothing hard, challenging, complex or exciting about hitting a mandatory number in order to not miss or be parried by a boss.
    And it's somehow hard, challenging, complex or exciting to get Mastery/Crit/Haste/Versa ?
    Your counter-arguments are just stupid. Hit/expertise provided variety, allowing for different stats to have different purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyLuckBox View Post
    Expertise: (or whatever name because i cant think of a better one)
    Reduces the remaining cooldown on all your abilities by X%
    I kinda like this one, actually.

Readiness was attempted, turned out they either had to make CDs stupidly overpowered or they couldn't get it balanced in a way that anybody would actually want the stat.

It sounds great on paper, but it isn't actually workable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    And it's somehow hard, challenging, complex or exciting to get Mastery/Crit/Haste/Versa ?
    Your counter-arguments are just stupid. Hit/expertise provided variety, allowing for different stats to have different purpose.
    You reached the cap for both, then ignored them entirely. They effectively had the same effect as Crit, with the main differences being better value per point and an easier to reach hardcap.

I don't think we need any extras. In fact, I think we would be fine with less. Versatility, speed, leech should all just be baked into core abilities of each class if they want them to have access to those boosts. Most of the other potential ideas, as has been mentioned have been tried already and were either train wrecks or just boring. You could probably just dump Mastery too and have the main stat grant additional bonuses to certain damage or healing your class does.
    Last edited by Camthur; 2017-03-19 at 01:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Elemental Shaman's class Mastery stat is basicly based around this. Second "free" hit is slightly lower damage but still grants resources.

Also they got higher Crit damage % already for the people who mentioned that.
    I know and i think that mastery would actually be a cool secondary stat for all classes in the game. Ofc it can be tuned afterwards it doesn't need to do as much dmg as the Overload, but the main point of it should be double the procs your class has like it does for Elemental Blast. It would make a somewhat interesting stat in several different classes/specs

Multistrike

They keep removing stats, things like Hit, Expertise, Armor Penetration, Resillience, Resistances...

They're dumbing the game down, so unlikely that they add more stats. The tertiary stats like avoidance\leech\speed are largely irrelevant, so i ignore those exist mostly.

I'd like them to recover those stats, maybe add an overall Magic Resist\Penetration, Armor and Armor Penetration, maybe Multistrike\Multihit or something like that. Even Crit Damage (like diablo).

the more, the better.

Deleted
    Probably a nightmare to balance but maybe something like this:
    Battlelust: The less %HP your target has the more dmg you deal

10+ Year Old Account
    No it didn't, it was just tedious and annoying.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Poise.

Best stat.
    We're a band of vicious pirates,
    we depend on RNG.
    If I only get one buff,
    then bury me at sea

Elemental Shaman's class Mastery stat is basicly based around this. Second "free" hit is slightly lower damage but still grants resources.

Also they got higher Crit damage % already for the people who mentioned that.
    any class with bonus crit damage right now, has it exclusively for a single ability that has 100% chance to crit through somehow. It is also offered through crit.

- - - Updated - - -

hit and expertise were basically mandatory for your build to a point. beyond that point they were greatly reduced in value to a point where it was like stacking resilience for a raid boss.

At least Crit, mastery, haste and vers don't feel mandatory to have at set levels and don't have a soft cap to worry about.

I vote "EPPPPPIC BOOOOOOM!!!!"

You have a change to release a chicken with bombs attached that run at a random target and blows up doing EPIC BOOM DAMAGE!!!!

Yes your own party or raid member is considered a target! The item is also curse so you can't remove it you must use it all expac.

First change all stats so they don't cap. 110% crit means (for example) you _will_ crit and also crit 10% harder (or 10% chance for a second crit?). If you have more hit/expertise (assuming they are back) than needed for the current target it dynamically adds the excess to some other stat.
    Next change all DOTs to be hasted. Why are bleeds and poisons exempt from this today???
    I like multistrike, but each hit should be independently calculated (allowing self proc). Some specs would ofc gain more from this. (Also, exponential...)
    I would like to see a stat that could increase the number of ticks a DOT cast does. (I.e. less resource use and rotation change.)
    I would like to see a stat that gives a chance to make the next DOT tick instantly instead of after the regular time period. (I.e. more dps and rotation change.)
    I would like to see a stat that gives a chance for a DOT to apply instantly all ticks. (Ok, a bit similar to the above one.)
    I would like to see a stat for harder hitting crits. (Like many of the old talents used to be.)
    I liked that range idea. In WOD I was stacking mastery on my hunter, hoping to get up to 60yd range (no, never got more than 48(?)).

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    any class with bonus crit damage right now, has it exclusively for a single ability that has 100% chance to crit through somehow. It is also offered through crit.
    Uhm, not true at all, elemental shaman has Elemental Fury passive:
    Your damaging critical strikes deal 250% damage instead of the usual 200%.

It's not a Single spell at all, and improved by artifact traits to 270 (5% per trait in 7.2)

Could even go up another 5% if you get specific storm relic, currently from Goroth, Tomb of Sargeras
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-03-19 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthWay View Post
    I like multistrike, but each hit should be independently calculated (allowing self proc). Some specs would ofc gain more from this. (Also, exponential...)
    100% MS would give you an infinite loop if you did that. I.e. anything you hit will instantly fall over dead, if the server doesn't die first. If it's immune, the server will invariably kill itself.

Honestly, none of your ideas are very well thought out, or haven't already been attempted except maybe the crit overflow, and that generally isn't very relevant as few specs can even get anywhere close to 100% crit.

Uhm, not true at all, elemental shaman has Elemental Fury passive:
    Your damaging critical strikes deal 250% damage instead of the usual 200%.

It's not a Single spell at all, and improved by artifact traits to 270 (5% per trait in 7.2)

Could even go up another 5% if you get specific storm relic, currently from Goroth, Tomb of Sargeras
    I wasn't talking about a passive that was formerly a talent.

I was talking about how at one point Lava burst and Soul Fire had tooltips reading something like as follows:

Soul Fire always critically strikes and your critical strike chance increases its damage

Almost every caster had a crit dmg modifying passive as a talent because spells use to crit for only 150% normal dmg rather than 200% like every melee skill. Now soulfire is gone and lava burst no longer has the effect either.

7+ Year Old Account
    A secondary stat that gives you a % chance to reduce any ability currently on cooldown by 1 second, with that % chance increasing based on how much of that secondary stat you have. Of course, the % would have to be tuned low; perhaps close to how Versatility is tuned?

Inspiration comes from an item from Diablo III called the Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac. It's definition is:

Reduce the remaining cooldown of one of your skills by 1 seconds when you hit with a resource-spending attack.
    So when your class spends resource (Rage, Mana, Focus, Runic Power, Maelstrom, Demonic Fury/Pain, Energy, Astral Power, Insanity) there is a % chance that you will reduce the remaining cooldown of an ability by 1 second (or if you have multiple cooldowns up at the moment, perhaps all of them?).

We can call it...

...I have no idea.

Deleted
    More stats dont make a game more fun.

At the end you just could have Power, Energy and Damage Reduction as stats, and that is all you need as game mechanics.

Noone ever thought about the idea to give healers an energy stat instead of mana. Would decrease spamming abilities.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2017-03-19 at 08:40 PM.

RNG - randomly increases or decreases any stat from 0 to 254987604139482098%
    This actually can be the only stat.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chloral View Post
    I loved multistrike and I miss it so much.
    really it was just crit... but i do like the effect it had
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content