Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I think it's awesome, great time to switch mains etc. "Moving the finish line" You seriously thought after the first patch, you'd reach the finish line? Are you insane? Was that actually what you expected? "Oh yeah, I figured after the very first patch, I could finish the ap stuff for the entire expansion ez"

Some people.. lol.

And really, the ap stuff isn't a mad rush/chore/immediate grind unless you're in a top 100 guild. Noob players in 3/10M guilds who think they've been rushed to hit 54 and had to grind, then complain about it, is a joke.

I can get it from guilds perspectives who are like 7/10-10/10M, but shiet, it really doesn't matter for everyone else, you weren't rushed to get it, you just got it from doing things passively. You never had to grind, you just had to PLAY the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    I quit as soon as I realized Blizzard was moving the finish line. Anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Don't you get refunded your AP past 34 traits?
    Yes it gets refunded, not reset. Then, depending on how much you done, will dictate how many traits you get. Someone who is bone ideal and stopped at 35, will just carry on like normal. People who have got all 54 will have a bundle of new traits waiting for them, which will also give a huge benefit to the first runs of ToS

Anyone who thought Artifact progression would be done and dusted less than a 1/3 into the expansion is an idiot. Its one of the main features of legion, and I think (thought) it was pretty obvious it would be a progression thing all the way through to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    if you dont want to do it then dont do it...
    That has to be the biggest lesson Legion has for us players, it's a pity not enough get it. Max AP was never meant as a required goal to persue. We don't "have" to do everything presented to us. I mean we cann pace ourselves at an all-you-can-eat-buffet, should be able to tell in a game when enough is enough.

Deleted
    Mwahahahah where do you people spawn from I wonder.

It was necessary, so I liked that they did it.

Shouldn't be too much of a problem to those that just played the game and didn't try and game it.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2017-03-19 at 09:29 AM.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Cy mate you wont be missed if the AP "refund" (not reset) is something that messes you up.

Deleted
    I can imagine op just sitting there playing the game:
    "dundundunnnnn mh let me check mmochamp... WHAT?! AP IS RESET?!??? QUICK LET ME QUIT THE GAME".

So the armor/damage/healing% 20 pt passive is going to be removed, and you can spend those points you earned on the new traits?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's honestly better. I went pretty hard and haven't gotten anything out of AP in the last, well, uh, nearly 3 months now. With the new system you just reach a point of such heavy diminishing returns that it will essentially serve as a stopping point. That or it's just a point where you invest in another specialization. No reason to go hard into trait say 60 if it requires you do to 100 M+, when the next AK comes and lowers that to 33 or whatever, especially when the reward for doing so isn't nearly as large.

To answer some questions in the thread. The passives that you gained from 36-54 are all being shoved into a one point talent that is gated behind a small quest chain in 7.2. Finishing said quest chain essentially gives you all the perks of the 36-54 in a single point, and opens up the new part of the tree so you can spend points on the new talents.

If you had any AP above 36, I believe it's all refunded to you and you can use that to spend on the new traits coming out in 7.2. Essentially, if you're 54 right now, I think you get enough AP to get several points with the refunded AP. If you're only say 36 traits in, you get nothing refunded, but instead of being 18-19 traits behind everybody else, you're now only 4 traits behind everybody else and at a better position to catch up because of how AP and AK are done in 7.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    It's honestly better. I went pretty hard and haven't gotten anything out of AP in the last, well, uh, nearly 3 months now. With the new system you just reach a point of such heavy diminishing returns that it will essentially serve as a stopping point. That or it's just a point where you invest in another specialization. No reason to go hard into trait say 60 if it requires you do to 100 M+, when the next AK comes and lowers that to 33 or whatever, especially when the reward for doing so isn't nearly as large.

To answer some questions in the thread. The passives that you gained from 36-54 are all being shoved into a one point talent that is gated behind a small quest chain in 7.2. Finishing said quest chain essentially gives you all the perks of the 36-54 in a single point, and opens up the new part of the tree so you can spend points on the new talents.

If you had any AP above 36, I believe it's all refunded to you and you can use that to spend on the new traits coming out in 7.2. Essentially, if you're 54 right now, I think you get enough AP to get several points with the refunded AP. If you're only say 36 traits in, you get nothing refunded, but instead of being 18-19 traits behind everybody else, you're now only 4 traits behind everybody else and at a better position to catch up because of how AP and AK are done in 7.2.
    sorry, one question, is any bonus power in that new 1 trait from finishing 54 traits before 7.2? or is it flat for everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    I quit as soon as I realized Blizzard was moving the finish line. Anyone else?
    They said from the beginning they were going to add to the system and that ap would last for the expansion. Where would you get the idea it would end after 6 months?

I hate it. I was so relieved when I was finally done.
    Now I have to start the damn grind again.

I don't get why Blizzard is trying to make this disaster of an expantion even worse.
    Back to grinding Maw over and over I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post

I don't get why Blizzard is trying to make this disaster of an expantion even worse.
    Back to grinding Maw over and over I guess.
    Seriously dude, please leave the game. It's for your own health. You're obviously not able to cope.

Deleted
    So it will bump the AP needed for new traits or if you got 45 traits you'll get the new ones as well? I'm confused.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyriqo View Post
    So it will bump the AP needed for new traits or if you got 45 traits you'll get the new ones as well? I'm confused.
    Come to 7.2, you get all points above 35 refunded.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    What grind ? Not sure what game you were playing - but Legion had no grind.

AK saw to the fact that AP didn't end up being a grind.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    35 - 54 traits will be refunded, it is not an AP reset. But this quantity of AP will be laughable low amount compared the cost of the new traits. It is not AP reset, it is AP farm reset. So pls ppl don't say this is not a reset because this is a reset, restart of the endless AP "grind" again (but the new paragon trait will be far less powerful, so will be not that mandatory to clear mythic). Inb4 you don't need to grind AP (i agree that tho), I didn't really grinded AP that much since many months, got mainspec 54, offspec 47, i don't see the drama in that (the current AP requirements or the next one). Far more problematic getting good legendaries for your offspec, or relics, than farm AP. Getting AP is the easiest thing in the game.
    Last edited by mmocfb679815c2; 2017-03-19 at 10:12 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    sorry, one question, is any bonus power in that new 1 trait from finishing 54 traits before 7.2? or is it flat for everyone?
    Naw you do the questline to unlock that trait and it gets given to everybody as one big flat power boost. Doesn't matter where you're at in the tree, everybody gets the stamina and flat damage/healing/armor from that one point, at full value.

If you're behind now you gain a lot basically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not a reset - Its a refund. You spend the max AP to get maxed paragon? You get the EXACT same amount of AP back - Not one iota more or less. Granted, the heavily increased costs of traits in 7.2 doesn't make it as nice - 20 old traits for just 3-4 new ones? meh.

But still, its not as bad as you make it out to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    What grind ? Not sure what game you were playing - but Legion had no grind.

AK saw to the fact that AP didn't end up being a grind.
    Getting your artifacts to 54 was a grind. What game are you playing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TJrogue View Post
    Seriously dude, please leave the game. It's for your own health. You're obviously not able to cope.
    You're right. Playing the game might actually require more time than I have these days.
    It's sad as it never used to be this time consuming.