Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Because those examples are all on Italian Bread which contains soybean products. The chicken doesn't.
    http://www.subway.com/en-ca/menunutr...on/realchicken says otherwise. If you download the "Product Ingredients - Canada" Youll find:

CHICKEN CUTLET: Chicken breast meat, water, seasoning (sea salt, sugar, chicken stock, salt,
    flavours, canola oil. onion powder, garlic powder, spice, chicken fat, honey), soy protein,
    sodium phosphates.

CHICKEN STRIPS: Boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, water, soy protein concentrate,
    modified potato starch, sodium phosphate, potassium chloride, salt, maltodextrin, yeast
    extract, flavours, spices, dextrose, onion powder, carmelized sugar, paprika, chicken broth,
    vinegar solids, paprika extract.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Even if they could, damage to the brand has been done.

I think it was thrown in the toilet with the pedophile that was doing the ads.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    http://www.subway.com/en-ca/menunutr...on/realchicken says otherwise. If you download the "Product Ingredients - Canada" Youll find:

CHICKEN CUTLET: Chicken breast meat, water, seasoning (sea salt, sugar, chicken stock, salt,
    flavours, canola oil. onion powder, garlic powder, spice, chicken fat, honey), soy protein,
    sodium phosphates.

CHICKEN STRIPS: Boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, water, soy protein concentrate,
    modified potato starch, sodium phosphate, potassium chloride, salt, maltodextrin, yeast
    extract, flavours, spices, dextrose, onion powder, carmelized sugar, paprika, chicken broth,
    vinegar solids, paprika extract.
    If you can't look at the "chicken" and tell there is something off with it.....

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Thatll do Pig, thatll do.

- - - Updated - - -

If you can't look at the "chicken" and tell there is something off with it.....
    Someones making the argument that people allergic to soy would have figured this out long ago, so it must be lie perpetrated by the CBC..

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Thatll do Pig, thatll do.

- - - Updated - - -

Someones making the argument that people allergic to soy would have figured this out long ago, so it must be lie perpetrated by the CBC..
    Ah.. sorry half read things. My mistake.

nothing new subway "chicken" has always been fucking gross.

I'm willing to accept a pedophile, but not the way their bread smells.

Just saying. One can be locked up or treated. The other is going to stink up my neighborhood forever.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't surprise me, the Subway we have in Aus the Chicken Schnitzel Chicken seems much more like Chicken than the Processed Stripes.

Nothing new really. Most fast food chicken is ground up and glued back together with soy and starch. They use food coloring to add the grill marks. This is all done to give it a more consistent appearance for marketability. I think the "fifty percent" claim is pretty audacious though. It's still chicken.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Yeh I got the "chicken" they had there and it tastes pretty weird. Its squishy and gelatinous... What happened to serving actual meat? The sandwiches are 8 fucking dollars... I can go to a bistro for the same price and get quality ingredients.

Quote Originally Posted by madethisfor1post View Post
    I ate it it was perfectly safe just something always seemed off about it...like spam.
    Just wanna say, as each year passes your username and post count makes me smile even more
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    That's not quite how defamation cases work.

Me: Gorgodeus eats poop for breakfast.
    Gorgodeus: No I don't, I'm suing you.
    Me: Cool, prove that you don't eat poop for breakfast.
    Gorgodeus: I can't, because I don't.
    Me: I win!

Not how it works.
    Actually it is when "me" can provide several independent lab reports that confirm you do indeed eat poop for breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Yeh I got the "chicken" they had there and it tastes pretty weird. Its squishy and gelatinous... What happened to serving actual meat? The sandwiches are 8 fucking dollars... I can go to a bistro for the same price and get quality ingredients.
    The fact you can get a whole chicken for that price in Canada makes this fake chicken a joke. I figured Wendys was gona be chicken, it taste about what it taste when i cook chicken breast, they just over salt like every other fast food.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as it tastes good, I don't really care.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    So the chicken was sketchy and you were okay with serving that to people? Ethics?
    I'm curious what you do for work, Tennisace.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Wouldn't the easiest solution be to, ya know, demonstrate it is false, instead of simply claiming it to be so? I would think it would be fairly easy.
    They already did that,did you even read the article?

''In response to the program, Subway stated its chicken was tested by two independent laboratories, one in Canada and the other in the United States, and only traces of soy were found.''

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I'm curious what you do for work, Tennisace.
    professional Trudeau cheerleader.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    professional Trudeau cheerleader.
    You forgot Unofficial and High Horse rider.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Subway wouldn't sue them without a reason or proof disputing their claims. If it turns out CBC used false methodology than I hope subway wins.

Subway gets a bad rap, I personally love it. I'm not sure if its different here in Canada but its delicious.
    Last edited by Varitok; 2017-03-19 at 12:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Word stands against word. So let's make it happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    People who are allergic to soy would have already sued Subway a long time ago after getting sick from eating Subway chicken for not disclosing they combined soy with their chicken.

Seems like a false claim to me by the CDC.
    well I would start with the fact that soy allergies are very uncommon in adults. approx .4% of children ever develop a soy allergy and outgrow it by adulthood. seeing how almost all processed foods contain soy or are made around soy, especially in the US, I would say soy allergy is near non existent and even then most of those people (PROBABLY) just avoid fast food as fast food is soy galore.