Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJrogue View Post
    Even then, execution surpasses a couple of points percentage by a mile. That is because we're not simbots
    Now combine execution with superior dps, healing and having more hitpoints. Amazing how all of these work together.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Now combine execution with superior dps, healing and having more hitpoints. Amazing how all of these work together.
    That's great. Hopefully you wont lag

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    So you play in a very good guild, and are suprised you have to put in effort and time? If you're at Elisande now, you would have needed 54 about a month ago, which did not require an insane amount of time after raid.

But your raid could have been one of those who expected way too much, and didn't have a good sense of what was actually required.

When did you get 54?
    No, I'm not surprised that I need to put in effort. What I'm not liking is the excessive grinding of unintresting content that needs to be done in order to do mythic content. There has always been ginds but not like this and Blizzard seems dead set on making sure the grind never ends.
    In previous expantions you at least knew that when you were done, you were done.

Not really sure when I got 54. Befor we started mythic NH anyway. I was quite slow compared to many others I play with however. Was trying to keep both my warrior and hunter geared and ready to go. Even kepts my mage in the "race" for the first few weeks at least.
    My guild decidet not to push split runs this expantion though so I dropped my alts. Just don't have enough time.

Indeed... and if you choose to run 200 MAWs to get more AP earlier, that is your choice.

It isn't a game design issue that you choose to go all "Make Love not Warcraft" on the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    No, I'm not surprised that I need to put in effort. What I'm not liking is the excessive grinding
    Many people dislike imaginary things... you seem not to be different.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    No, I'm not surprised that I need to put in effort. What I'm not liking is the excessive grinding of unintresting content that needs to be done in order to do mythic content. There has always been ginds but not like this and Blizzard seems dead set on making sure the grind never ends.
    In previous expantions you at least knew that when you were done, you were done.

Not really sure when I got 54. Befor we started mythic NH anyway. I was quite slow compared to many others I play with however. Was trying to keep both my warrior and hunter geared and ready to go. Even kepts my mage in the "race" for the first few weeks at least.
    My guild decidet not to push split runs this expantion though so I dropped my alts. Just don't have enough time.
    So you have 4 alts geared and ready for mythic NH and you're complaining that you got burned out?

7+ Year Old Account
    You're 2 ranks away from the max when the tier is almost over? Yeah, I'm sure it didn't matter to you.
    im 48 and i have cleared heroic
    yeah im not a mythic raider, but i dont want to be anymore, i rather take a break
    so guess what, unless you were raiding the hardest content, you dont need to farm AP
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Deleted
    More AP, more reasons to do content, more reasons to play the game, it is good. Log-In-Raid-Log-Off-WoW might be apealing to some, but it is bad for guild projects and non top raiders who find themselves without nothing to do or no one to play with.

Actually Blizzard heavily promoted Mythic+ dungeons as an "alternate" form of progression during blizzcon.
    In fact, people have been spamming dungeons as alternate leveling progression since LFG came out. It is something that Blizzard promotes.
    The only difference now is that mythic+ gives gear and AP rewards that are often as good as top end raid content, even if there is no LFG tool.
    You never had that before and this was done as a way to promote Mythic+ along with the idea that you could get AP, legendary and TF gear from other non raiding activities as well. So seriously I don't understand how anybody would think that this is something "gamed" by the players. In fact it is just the opposite if you believe that. Otherwise players are doing no more than what the game allows them to do.

Well genius you get your AP refunded so you can start buying the new traits right of the bat.. Its not like you lose the AP.

So it isn't really a reset now is it?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    I quit as soon as I realized Blizzard was moving the finish line. Anyone else?
    Isn't this what this game has done for the past 12 years? Each tier is a new finish line. Each expansion is a new finish line. You should have quit a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by TJrogue View Post
    So you have 4 alts geared and ready for mythic NH and you're complaining that you got burned out?
    Oh, no. I have one warrior and a hunter that I gave up on befor he got geared enough for NH.
    The mage I dropped befor we started EM.

I only really play one character now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    im 48 and i have cleared heroic
    yeah im not a mythic raider, but i dont want to be anymore, i rather take a break
    so guess what, unless you were raiding the hardest content, you dont need to farm AP
    But some of us do play mythic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Indeed... and if you choose to run 200 MAWs to get more AP earlier, that is your choice.

It isn't a game design issue that you choose to go all "Make Love not Warcraft" on the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Many people dislike imaginary things... you seem not to be different.
    Not sure what you get out of this. It adds nothing to the discussion however.

I have played semicasual, done wqs most of days, was pretty fast to get AK25, i dont raid mythic. I got one wpn 54, one 49 and one 40 or something, gotta love to be class with 3 specs which i actually need to play. Sure if you only level one weapon then you can just "casually" cap your levels.
    I do welcome the changes and watch with interest ppl furiously grinding the minute "paragon" levels like mad.

Deleted
    I did play during vanilla and TBC.
    Then you have a very poor memory. It took more grinding to go from level 30 - 40 than it did to do anything in this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaveil View Post
    Then you have a very poor memory. It took more grinding to go from level 30 - 40 than it did to do anything in this expansion.
    You could level 1-60 in 7 days /played back in Vanilla. Now please give me armory of a guy who've spent less time from hitting cap to hitting level 54 on three specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    You could level 1-60 in 7 days /played back in Vanilla. Now please give me armory of a guy who've spent less time from hitting cap to hitting level 54 on three specs.
    Which is why he clearly mentioned 30-40 and not 1-60. I mean, really - basic math says that it took longer to get ten levels than sixty.

I guess it's theoretically possible if he just logged in to collect AK until 25 and then got carried through few hundred of MoS instances. But that's an extremely unlikely scenario, that would only really be done to prove some awkward point. The post itself is another one of those bullshit "you lazy kids, in vanilla we had it SO HARD" posts. You'd think millions of people were doing Naxx40, what with the supposed amount of farming they did back then - whereas I remember not needing to use Flask once until Patchwerk. Otherwise, only tanks used that stuff and only on few bosses.

But yeah, sure, 30-40 took longer than Legion grind... if you were just afking in cities, autoattacking and pvping all the time. By the same logic, I can claim any activity is incredibly time consuming if I just alt-tab while doing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    It seems like you want to try and compare the two, okay, I'm game. But know that, anyone who raided Vanilla and has a good memory, is laughing at you right now.

So it apparently took you 7 days /played just to get to max level while it takes you less than 30 seconds to get to 100 or a day if you're doing it the non-paid way. Then easily less than 1 hour per level from 100-110. All in all, getting to max level takes less than a quarter of the time as it did in classic despite there being 50 more levels. BTW, very few people would actually do it in 7 days, but seeing as we're looking at some of the most dedicated, most grind efficient ways with perfect reliability, no interruptions and the help of friends I will do the same for the comparison you ask for.

Tell me though, do we include the time-gated artifact knowledge system in this comparison? I'll break it down like this because it's simpler and easier to do mathematically and I'm going to use approximate values.

AK 25. Maw boost group, averaging 300k ap per 15 minutes (that's 3 chesting a +10). To take the weapon from 0 to 54 requires ~65m AP, so 3 weapons would be ~195m. At that rate it would be approximately 7 days.

In this convenient, arbitrary comparison, Vanilla took almost as long just to reach maximum level as it takes you to grind out every specs artifact weapon to the current maximum. Except you don't need every weapon maxed, you don't even need one weapon maxed. You didn't even need one weapon remotely near to maxed to do Mythic Xavius.

How long did it take you to go from 1-110 and then get prepared for all of the available content (raids included) without consideration to the time gated release of EN?

i.e. how much /played did it take you to get into Emerald Nightmare and have the opportunity to kill Xavius?

Now, how long did it take you to get to 60 and grind to revered on Hydraxian Waterlords?

Shall we base it on World Firsts, as I don't doubt that you did not raid Vanilla.

It took 5 months from the release of WoW for Ragnaros to be killed.
    It took less than 1 month from the release of legion for Xavius to be killed.

Ragnaros was available from release though, Xavius Mythic was only released at the end of September and then killed 1 day later.

If you truly believe that the current system is more "grindy" than vanilla, you have never played vanilla, or you confuse the grind that you are required to do with the grind that you want to do.
    Last edited by mmoc50312ce475; 2017-03-19 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daenir View Post
    Why are people memeing about some kind of reset? You just get your AP refunded, that's it. You don't actually lose anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Well genius you get your AP refunded so you can start buying the new traits right of the bat.. Its not like you lose the AP.

So it isn't really a reset now is it?

Given the new Ak levels, anything youve farmed now will be completely irrelevant compared to the amount of ap you get post patch. So in practicality its pretty much a reset.
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2017-03-19 at 06:51 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't see what is so bad about being done with something. Why would it be a bad thing to be done with AP for the rest of Legion?

Deleted
    Which is why he clearly mentioned 30-40 and not 1-60. I mean, really - basic math says that it took longer to get ten levels than sixty.

I guess it's theoretically possible if he just logged in to collect AK until 25 and then got carried through few hundred of MoS instances. But that's an extremely unlikely scenario, that would only really be done to prove some awkward point. The post itself is another one of those bullshit "you lazy kids, in vanilla we had it SO HARD" posts. You'd think millions of people were doing Naxx40, what with the supposed amount of farming they did back then - whereas I remember not needing to use Flask once until Patchwerk. Otherwise, only tanks used that stuff and only on few bosses.

But yeah, sure, 30-40 took longer than Legion grind... if you were just afking in cities, autoattacking and pvping all the time. By the same logic, I can claim any activity is incredibly time consuming if I just alt-tab while doing it.
    No, it's a response to someone saying that the game has never been so grindy.

Right now, you do not need to do any other activity than just playing to access all the content. Playing since Legion release, your typical raid clears, a couple of Mythic + runs pushing your key up to the highest level and some material farming or casual battlegrounds would give you enough resources for your weapon to not lock you out of any content, would provide you with enough gear and enough gold to buy your flasks and food.

If you think that is grinding, you should probably stop playing the game as it is evidently no longer fun.

Spamming mythic+ day in day out for your rng chance at a legendary or to give yourself a slight advantage in AP is a grind you have inflicted upon yourself the same way I could collect and farm all the pets in the game to level 25 because I choose to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    I don't see what is so bad about being done with something. Why would it be a bad thing to be done with AP for the rest of Legion?
    Because we're... Erm... half way through the expansion?