Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I'm curious what you do for work, Tennisace.
    Hes a useless bum with no education of worth, stuck on welfare, he didnt deny it in a previous topic, so it's pretty much confirmed, as far as I am concerned.

His "work" consists of spamming MMO-C with crap.

Would be funny if it went to a deposition and they'd have to show their real numbers and it was something like 57%. Still higher than what CBC claimed, but not exactly the best battle to pick. The idea reminds me of Mountain Dew fighting a lawsuit about someone finding a dead mouse inside a bottle by claiming their data shows a mouse would be completely dissolved before the bottle would even reach the stores.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

I wouldn't trust anything that comes from the CBC.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Just wanna say, as each year passes your username and post count makes me smile even more
    I still remember that fateful day I had to destroy my name sake. Was like 5 minutes after that first post. Shit's like Pringles.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Sorry I mean, if it comes to a court case Subway will have to provide such evidence. Presumably they think they can, otherwise this is a hell of a bad legal move.
    Then someone is lying. Either Trent University has created false readings on the chicken they obtained, though I question where the chicken has been acquired for them to test, it could also be that the supplier for Subway within Canada is not providing real chicken to Canadian customers, or the products tested by Subway are not what is being sold to the stores. The question becomes, where is the hole in this issue because someone is clearly lying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I'm curious what you do for work, Tennisace.
    A really ethical organization which makes Canada and the world a better place. Obviously I can't say more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    A really ethical organization which makes Canada and the world a better place. Obviously I can't say more than that.
    Obviously you can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    They already did that,did you even read the article?

''In response to the program, Subway stated its chicken was tested by two independent laboratories, one in Canada and the other in the United States, and only traces of soy were found.''
    That is a claim not a demonstration of proof. If it were a demonstration they would have said something like "..Subway stated its chicken was tested by two independent laboratories, one in Canada and the other in the United States, and only 5% soy was found."

All Subway has done in response has been to say "Yeah well those other guys tested it and they said it was fine!"
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    What does that have to do with what I said?
    Oh sorry, I misunderstood, CBC is government owned, and has no profit motive.

Whatever the percentage is, Subway is absolute garbage and I'm utterly baffled at why they're so successful. Pretty much every sub shop that's ever existed makes better subs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    That is a claim not a demonstration of proof. If it were a demonstration they would have said something like "..Subway stated its chicken was tested by two independent laboratories, one in Canada and the other in the United States, and only 5% soy was found."

All Subway has done in response has been to say "Yeah well those other guys tested it and they said it was fine!"
    You know ''traces'' actually is an indication of an amount right? It isn't just a flat-out denial

10+ Year Old Account
    You know ''traces'' actually is an indication of an amount right? It isn't just a flat-out denial
    I know that, but you know what indicates numbers better than words? Numbers. Anything else is an attempt to obscure the truth.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I know that, but you know what indicates numbers better than words? Numbers. Anything else is an attempt to obscure the truth.
    ''Trace amounts'' literally means that an amount of substance was found but that it was extremely small so that it would be inaccurate to measure in numbers.

Please don't be obtuse when talking about things you know little about

10+ Year Old Account
    ''Trace amounts'' literally means that an amount of substance was found but that it was extremely small so that it would be inaccurate to measure in numbers.

Please don't be obtuse when talking about things you know little about
    Don't insult my intelligence by defending a massive corporation. They don't need you, you're not their white knight defending them from the ravages of the internet.

If Subway wants to prove anything, they can release the study, or release the numbers from the study. Until then, all they have is a claim. Not evidence.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    Seems unusual that they both got different results from the same chicken, someone is obviously full of crap, and if I had to guess, it'd be the one with a profit motive.
    They both have a profit motive. Just sayin...

10+ Year Old Account
    Stating facts is now grounds for defamation? Fuck off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    They both have a profit motive. Just sayin...
    If the CBC is chasing profits, that's a bigger issue than how much chicken is in Subway's sandwiches, especially since they often complain of lack of funding. Being caught lying isn't exactly a good way to help that cause.

If the CBC is chasing profits, that's a bigger issue than how much chicken is in Subway's sandwiches, especially since they often complain of lack of funding. Being caught lying isn't exactly a good way to help that cause.
    Profits aside, everyone has a financial motive in a law suit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Profits aside, everyone has a financial motive in a law suit.
    I figured most people assumed that was a given, which is why I said profit. Subway could stand to lose a lot more from the story being true than CBC would if it was false. That alone leads me to trust more in CBC until some more information confirms or debunks the story.

I figured most people assumed that was a given, which is why I said profit. Subway could stand to lose a lot more from the story being true than CBC would if it was false. That alone leads me to trust more in CBC until some more information confirms or debunks the story.
    Either way, the Streisand effect is fully in play. Nobody ever even heard of this story, until it became a law suit.