10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, I see we're back to the sky is falling. Man you guys are like, the most bipolar gamers I've ever known.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Well its looking like EA/Bioware let a bunch of the Andromeda team go right after going gold which is usually a sign the publisher is not expecting numbers to recommend a sequel be made.

And of course since one of them was "im not racist, but kill all white people" Manveerhier this normal practice for a game not expected to do as well as its previous release is now another dark conspiracy by gamergate, or something, according to the usual suspects in the journo ring and the clickbait wheel keeps spinning around.

This is the shitstorm that keeps on giving. It would have been nice just to have a good Mass Effect game, but i guess those folks left in 2012 so this is what we get.
    Contractors leaving at the end of their contract is standard operating procedure in the entertainment industry, there's a fairly high turnover rate if you aren't a core team member. If the heads of the higher-ups (such as Gamble, Flynn or Frazier) start rolling, you might have a point, but they don't yet.

Also, I'm just glad that douchebag Heir is gone since hopefully it means the ''biower is racist sexist sjw hates poor white males'' idiocy is over. Well, probably not over since there will always be people with an axe to grind at the studio, but toned down at least now that the scapegoat has left for greener pastures.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    Wow... That has to be a dub right? There is no way they actually put that shit in the game.
    I can understand wanting to have a little less secure protagonist after "100% cool all the time" Shepard but my god, that's some of the worst shit I have ever heard.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Wow... That has to be a dub right? There is no way they actually put that shit in the game.
    I can understand wanting to have a little less secure protagonist after "100% cool all the time" Shepard but my god, that's some of the worst shit I have ever heard.
    Not a dub. It's real, including the salarian saying Kill Me Now.

10+ Year Old Account
    No dub, the game is made in Canada by English speaking developers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man you guys are crazy. That was fucking hilarious. I'm double stoked to romance Suvi now.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

One moment the discussion is all lore and gameplay enjoyment and suddenly there's nothing but whining and edginess.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Also, I'm just glad that douchebag Heir is gone since hopefully it means the ''biower is racist sexist sjw hates poor white males'' idiocy is over. Well, probably not over since there will always be people with an axe to grind at the studio, but toned down at least now that the scapegoat has left for greener pastures.
    no it wont. one excuse will be substituted for another and when that can't work, make one up.

People are already targeting a single animator on the team, saying she was "the" lead animator (when it seems she wasn't and there were a number of lead animators to begin with for many different things). Going for the easy targets with crazy toxicity.

Meanwhile. I am still having fun with the game. Way past the initial "honeymoon" period that worked in the favor of games like No Man's Sky, i still like ME:A. I see both its flaws and its brilliance and find myself enjoying what it has to offer.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2017-03-19 at 03:28 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    You could make and see plenty of white people in previous games. Now all of a sudden they've changed it because 'lore'?
    If so why do the other presets look so black, Asian etc...?
    No there weren't plenty of white people in previous games. Research a bit better. Caucasian looking, sure, white? Not so white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    What the hell are you on about? Most humans we encountered in the Mass Effect universe were largely, and clearly, Caucasian
    Caucasian is not equal to white. There are dark Caucasians, actually there are shades.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Caucasian is not equal to white. There are dark Caucasians, actually there are shades.
    In its actual intended meaning yes. But lay usage by the masses has shifted it away. Its obvious what people mean when they say it in that context.

I gave up long ago on being academic or expecting proper terminology. Especially when the terminology was already altered before my time.

10+ Year Old Account
    No there weren't plenty of white people in previous games. Research a bit better. Caucasian looking, sure, white? Not so white.

While that's true about the actual definition of Caucasian, what people are referring to when talking about that in it's context is more in the line of it being difficult to create a custom character that looks ethnically Northern/Northwest European with the tools available. A lot of presets with the slider turned all the way to the left still looks kinda Mediterranean in ethnic make-up.
    Last edited by zealo; 2017-03-19 at 03:38 PM.

Homie, you're stretching so hard lol

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    In its actual intended meaning yes. But lay usage by the masses has shifted it away. Its obvious what people mean when they say it in that context.

I gave up long ago on being academic or expecting proper terminology. Especially when the terminology was already altered before my time.
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    While that's true about the actual definition of Caucasian, what people are referring to when talking about that in it's context is more in the line of it being difficult to create a custom character that looks ethnically Northern/Northwest European with the tools available. A lot of presets with the slider turned all the way to the left still looks kinda Mediterranean in ethnic make-up.
    They are wrong nevertheless, pure white people are legendary in ME.

And there's a lore reason for that, which I quoted above from ME Revelation book.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    I agree that separating "white" and "Caucasian" is unnecessarily splitting hairs. I'd attempt to make a "white" character, but to be honest with you, I'm not actually very good at making "white people" characters and it doesn't help that BioWare's typical "white" skintones look horrendous.

Just, be kind.

They are wrong nevertheless, pure white people are legendary in ME.
    Only one exist :

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Only one exist :

Our lord and saviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    You're dismissing anecdotal evidence by citing anecdotal evidence. Come on.

Thats the whole point? To show one person specific experience isnt a proof of anything; his experience, mine or anyone else.
    Last edited by Aoewy; 2017-03-19 at 04:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    Holy shit I thought all the stuff on 4chan about her being autistic was just a meme.

Well done Bioware.

Deleted
    Worst bug I encountered in the trial: The game thinking Drack was on board the nexus at the end of what was available of the story content for Eos. Lexi even has conversations with him, despite him not being physically on board. His replies are even distantly audible, as if he's some ways away in another room.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Did the bitching and whining hurled at blizzard magically ended with the departure of Ghostcrawler? He was the default Go-to target to lay blame for EVERY SINGLE ONE perceived flaw with the game (real or imagined). After he left, people just distributed their angst among different targets, but the whining continued.

Before Heir was the default scapegoat, the common target was one of the female writers Jennifer Hepler, who made the apparently unforgivable sin of stating an opinion on an interview..... imagine that. Her controversial opinion? She prefers story-driven games, and wished every game had a difficulty mode that trivialized combat so she could focus entirely on the story.

That completely harmless opinion (as she was not in the development team of any bioware game, just the writing alone) automatically attracted the bitching and whining of an incredibly toxic corner of the internet, who called her among many other things "The Cancer that is Killing Bioware". And harassed her on twitter so much over it, that she not only deleted her twitter account, but left bioware, and left game development altogether when people escalated the whole thing to death threats, and photo-shopping her face on nude pictures and spreading them around on the internet.

All this, just for saying that she wishes all games had an easy-mode for people who are just into the story. No more. No less.

So, if you think Heir's departure will ease up on the bitching, sorry dude, people will just latch onto another scapegoat to project their insecurities and their sociopathy and move on.
    Last edited by Derah; 2017-03-19 at 04:31 PM.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Deleted
    Another example of the excellent writing in this game: https://twitter.com/JustonBibero/sta...14897996288002