Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Speaking of performance, are cutscenes capped at 30 FPS? (PC)
    Didn't appear to be so when i played at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    Jesus, the fish lips is starting to really get to me. PEOPLES MOUTHS DO NOT WORK LIKE THAT.

But the rest of that...did they seriously put that scene in the game? I get that they're aiming for quirky and charming I guess but...I'm surprised I didn't cringe out of existence.

A) How did this make it pass like...any approval process?

B) Weren't we supposed to like...be getting less cringy romances this time around? Because that scene isn't instilling confidence in me...it's doing the opposite in a big way.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    B) Weren't we supposed to like...be getting less cringy romances this time around? Because that scene isn't instilling confidence in me...it's doing the opposite in a big way.
    That's why after the flirt option you can go with either the emotional response (the one from the video) or the logical response that way you have multiple ways to go about the romance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    Mass Effect Andromeda Struggles To Hit 30 FPS On PS4/Xbox One
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...mance-analysis
    Couldn't care less. I play Andromeda on PC where I get 60 FPS on Ultra settings.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    That's why after the flirt option you can go with either the emotional response (the one from the video) or the logical response that way you have multiple ways to go about the romance.
    They couldn't have come up with an "emotional" response line that didn't sound like a 12 year old awkwardly telling their first crush they think they're cute?

I get these are supposed to be "younger" and more "immature" protagonists in a sense, but like...they're not fucking 12 years old.

10+ Year Old Account
    They couldn't have come up with an "emotional" response line that didn't sound like a 12 year old awkwardly telling their first crush they think they're cute?

I get these are supposed to be "younger" and more "immature" protagonists in a sense, but like...they're not fucking 12 years old.
    Really? Because I was saying shit like that well into my 20's. I mean, I guess you can call me immature if it makes you feel better, but the idea that adults magically have "adult" romances is just plain wrong.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    On the one hand, every platform should be as optimized as possible for sure.

On the other hand, if you actually care about FPS, why in the blazes are you playing on a console anyway?
    FPS is very much a thing that needs to at least retain a minimum threshold, a certain level might be optimal and everything beyond is just bonus. If you strugle with the lower threshold you clearly either poorly optimized it or you proritzed it wrong. Since FPS is directly coupled with the input it's more than just pretty graphics, it's in the functional category. Even if you can by with shitty consoles, people usually still like their games to function properly.

10+ Year Old Account

On the other hand, if you actually care about FPS, why in the blazes are you playing on a console anyway?
    I thought most modern consoles were framerate locked anyway?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    *snip*
    I'm almost certain that you or who ever wrote that list never actually played DA:I. If you want to charmer hero then that would be Dorian, Cullen is more in the "desired son in law category" is not really charming - more of an innocent idiot. He is Josephine with a sword and a lyrium addiction.
    Likewise, Cassandra is not a seductress at all. She has a romantic side, but she is pretty much the gruff soldir type and pretty much at best average looking, she is also far from amoral.
    I will give you some of plot points and locations, but adding the "the headquarters" is just padding it, really. That is like saying every game follows this formula, because it has a main menu and there are these funky bars during loading screens. Since these are party based games that play over multiple areas over an extended timeframe a home base is pretty much required undless you enjoy the vagabond approach of games where you always have to look for an inn.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention military experience.. a certain hardness would be expected here imho, especially for a character that already has popstar status along the lines of "wow you are a patherfinder? Awesome, can I have your children?".

Edit: As for less cringy romances, I always had the feeling people were talking about different things here.. Some where talking about them not feeling real enough, because there isn't enough rom'com romance drama in it, to others it was just the nerdy kind of akward. As someone who though both sides were being ludicrous about it, I simply don't see how they actually intend to fix this without pissing off one side or the other. The only thing people always seemed to be agreeing with was that it was akward/cringy, but not what about it constitutes as such.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-03-19 at 06:22 PM.

One of the better bug showcase videos. "In the first five minutes: a black man inside a white man." Hilarity starts 1:18.

10+ Year Old Account
    "In the first five minutes: a black man inside a white man."
    You just think a black man and a white man loving each other is a bug.

That's homophobic and racist dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mass Effect Andromeda Struggles To Hit 30 FPS On PS4/Xbox One
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...mance-analysis
    Who here's trying to play brand new games on 5+ year old hardware? Most of us here are on PC, and certainly not on potatoes. Mostly.

I'm just glad that ports of games developed for consoles don't usually carry along their inherent performance limitations. Controls & UIs hampered by consoles is one thing, but if our performance was limited and locked to what a PS4 could do, THAT would be reason to get outraged.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account

It's much more about frame times and it remaining stable at a locked 30 than going up to 60 necessarily for console games.

Even if you''re fine with 30 a game that has frame time issues, drops down to 20-25 and screentearing is going to feel jarring even to people that are fine with 30.

Pretty sure they're not this time around. Looking at PC footage on youtube is not the best way to determine it, but there doesn't seem to be a difference between gameplay and cutscenes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellomania View Post
    Didn't appear to be so when i played at least.
    Ok, thanks.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    It's much more about frame times and it remaining stable at a locked 30 than going up to 60 necessarily for console games.

Even if you''re fine with 30 a game that has frame time issues, drops down to 20-25 and screentearing is going to feel jarring even to people that are fine with 30.
    My point is more that this is increasingly going to happen as console hardware gets more and more outdated. I heard a friend tell me Uncharted 4 had framerate drops, and Naughty Dog are pretty much the absolute best at squeezing every ounce of performance they can out of the Playstation's hardware. And Andromeda being a multiplatform game is not going to help its case of course.

As I said, Bioware should do their best to fix this. But it's going to be increasingly common as graphics move forward and current-gen consoles are increasingly left in the dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Speaking of performance, are cutscenes capped at 30 FPS? (PC)
    Pre rendered videos are prerendered videos, but in engine cut scenes are not capped at anything. Though I occasionally had FPS dips on them, they feel like they have some extra effects applied to them beyond what is present in normal gameplay.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2017-03-19 at 06:37 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    I am now trying to assign which characters fit into the well established and patented "Bioware Formula for Characters".
    I feel like there's certainly a similar formulas for their games, but I don't think you're right about a few of them in this game.

I mean, Cora is most certainly not an 'aloof seductress', and can definitely not compare to the likes of Morrigan and Bastila. The only similar trait she shares is that she's the first female squadmate.

And Heroic Charmer? I'm not sure that really works. Cullen/Alistair/Varric maybe have similarities, but Kaidan and Carth do not seem to fit in that group at all. I'd put Liam along the lines of Kaidan and Carth, being boring dudes who really have nothing going for them. Jacob feels like an attempt at the first group but he also falls with Kaidan/Carth/Liam.

Look I don't want to shit on the game, I just bought it and I'm still eager to play it. But some of the montages are really funny and the lip animations are a treasure trove of hilarity, this one has probably been postet already, but still: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-msmx9yW5Q#t=136.6678 ;D

They added a patch (288.09 mb in size) in the pre download.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    They added a patch (288.09 mb in size) in the pre download.
    With any luck, it'll be adding quick-save on PC.

Yes, I'm upset about that. Such a small thing to be upset about but its a peeve of mine.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)