Poll: What is the best pizza type?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    That stuff?
    I said "high school bakery", not "high school cafeteria".

The bakery at the school would make square pizza that looked like this:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...4c1f68fb1e.jpg

really thick.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nothing beats a crisp, thin crust with a light but flavourful topping.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    I said "high school bakery", not "high school cafeteria".

The bakery at the school would make square pizza that looked like this:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...4c1f68fb1e.jpg

really thick.
    That does look pretty awesome. I was stuck with the one I linked.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    all this talk and pictures of pizza made me really hungry. I think I'll order one now actually.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haloswin View Post
    Yes -- because in a country as large as the US, there are not Italian style pizza places... NONE.

Do you dolts outside of the US not understand than chain places like Dominos, Pizza Hut, and Papa John's aren't indicative of the sort of pizza you get from all the mom and pop and smaller local chains? A lot of people are simply about price-point and convenience thus the popularity of chain restaurants as a whole, but there is no shortage of quality pizza available -- I mean, depending on where you live you might find the mom and pop places outnumber the chain stores.

Judging all American pizza by the known chain brand crap is akin to lumping all Euro furniture in with the particle board garbage commonly found in IKEA.
    I never said there aren't. I said that American style pizza, the one with tons of meat and cheese with thick crust, is bad. That's what American style pizza is, a greasy blob of goo. That's what I'm saying is shit. I never once even implied that there weren't US restaurants capable of serving good pizza.

I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule. Exceptions that have high quality ingredients and don't drown their pizza in cheese and grease. But they ARE the exception. A pizza that's mostly dough and grease isn't good.

Deleted
    American "pizza" is no pizza, it's a pancake.

And, who the hell eats pizza with a fork? WTF!? You're supposed to eat it with hands.

Deleted
    Stonebake, or thin at a push.
    Anything else is just too much base.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Piwoot View Post
    all this talk and pictures of pizza made me really hungry. I think I'll order one now actually.
    Yeah but the so-called pizzas you'll get from the average pizzeria here in Sweden is fucking terrible. Did you know that the sliced meat they put on them isn't allowed to be called ham? It's called "Toppings", but the pizzerias write ham anyway, like they give a rats ass about good ingredients for your pizza.

http://www.expressen.se/gt/pizzabaga...a-skinkfusket/
    http://nwt.se/karlstad/2016/12/10/pi...ar-inte-skinka

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Thin pizza.
    Best pizza I ever had was an authentic thin pizza I made at school when I was ten.

Deleted
    No option for Nordic-style Kebab & Fries served on top of an extra-cheese pizza? This shit gets even me stuffed, and I can eat quite a bit.
    It even has salad, so it's healthy!

I don't need Chicago deep dish style but I still like a thicker crust, cuz god damn do I love carbs.

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO the best pizza is thick crust, easy on the sauce and a lot of cheese. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    American "pizza" is no pizza, it's a pancake.

And, who the hell eats pizza with a fork? WTF!? You're supposed to eat it with hands.
    No one eats pizza with a fork..

If that's your perception on America then you need to reevaluate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    No one eats pizza with a fork..

If that's your perception on America then you need to reevaluate.
    Look at this post.

that right there is just disgusting.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

I like them both and eat them both on many occasions.

Not a big fan of pizza but I guess I'd pick italian if I had to.

I would not say I hate any of them but the excessive use of too much chease and bread in the american ones is not very good or healthy for you.

I'll eat either though toppings may make me choose one over the other. As long as it isn't a chapati pizza.

Why exactly is American style a thick crust? Or is New York style crust actually considered thick crust?

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    That does look pretty awesome. I was stuck with the one I linked.
    Yeah, the regular cafeteria just had pizza delivered in from a 3rd party place, and it was...eh, okay. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't that good either. It was just...pizza.

The separate bakery however, made the pizza themselves and it was fucking amazing.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I like them both and eat them both on many occasions.
    For real, kinda sad no "both are delicious" option.