Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanines View Post
    Just dont have char whispers on? Assuming you're not on an RP server its never used, perhaps whilst guild raiding but thats about it.
    Man, I can't imagine how much worse my experience would be in this game if whispers was not a thing.
    How do you actually make friends in this MMO-RPG game, is it mostly about /g for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Teldorei View Post
    Man, I can't imagine how much worse my experience would be in this game if whispers was not a thing.
    How do you actually make friends in this MMO-RPG game, is it mostly about /g for you?
    I have friends, I main an rp server outside of raiding, I've several good partners that I enjoy spending my time with more than you know. People I've sacraficed stuff for. But my point is still valid point, just dont have char whispers on if you hate getting whispered by randoms.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Honestly since all characters i ever run LFR are enchanters i just DE everything i get. Especially if someone whispers me a "you need dat brooooo?".

Blizzard should add a system. You get a item you don't need, but you want the transmog or the shard as a enchanter. You chose which option you wan't and you get the shard or the transmog, The item goes up for grabs by a roll. This would only work in lfr and maybe non guild groups. So they can't abuse it to get free shards.

Best of both worlds

Keep your inventory full. You see what you get but it doesn't register in public, and gets mailed to you.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    entitled swines
    I get what you're saying. But we all started somewhere. Genuinely needing something =/= entitlement. If a raider in the group is being nice, performed to the best of his capabilities (aka didn't AFK, or die needlessly), I see no reason to give gear you don't need for transmog, upgrades, etc.

You absolutely are entitled to keep your gear but being nice also never hurt anyone!

I've done plenty of LFR this xpac and I've not gotten a single whisper after winning anything.

Typically what I see is people posting in raid chat, and usually it's been pretty friendly - people actually passing gear they don't need to people it's an upgrade for, etc. Maybe once or twice in Legion I've seen some drama over LFR loot, down a ton from, for example, initial Dragon Soul LFR ... good god the loot drama then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Blizzard should add a system. You get a item you don't need, but you want the transmog or the shard as a enchanter. You chose which option you wan't and you get the shard or the transmog, The item goes up for grabs by a roll. This would only work in lfr and maybe non guild groups. So they can't abuse it to get free shards.

Best of both worlds
    I sorta like this idea. Could help encourage people who outgear LFR to join up, for the mog. Maybe let there be a mog-only option when you queue, which makes it so mog-only folks are on a separate loot roll for mog only but still contribute to the group's total size with regard to actual loot eligibility ... so that more people will actually get upgrades. Considering how they gate LFR I don't think they mind people getting all the gear they need from a particular wing slightly faster.

Maybe even have a slightly higher chance for AP / augment runes to drop for mog-only queue. idk, probably needs a lot of refinement, but I like the underlying concept.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    I hate being in pugs and having these entitled swines demand I give them a piece of gear that I LOOTED PERSONALLY. Maybe I want for transmog, or I can disenchant for a couple hundred gold each.
    I'd rather not get 10 whispers every time a piece of gear drops in an LFR or normal pug.

I just want an option to keep what I loot from being broadcasted to the rest of the group.
    Ok so you get a piece of loot, likely that you don't need, and you decide to whine on a forum because people ask you for gear you don't need? Lmao ohhh man
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sushu View Post
    they need to remove LFR. If wow still had a sense of community you'd gladly give that gear away when you dont need it.
    ya thats not true thats like saying no one ever ninjaed before lfr because there was a sense of "community" its just untrue.

Just ignore them and move on. If they continue to spam you just block them.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's just me, but I don't feel a connection with cross-realm people in LFR.

Yes one time a random high raid ilvl shaman gave my newly dinged 835 at the time shaman a LFR 860 storm Relic without asking which was awesome.

But most of the time I just don't feel the need to offer my gear up in chat.

I'd love an interface to offer gear and auto give them the gear if they win the roll so people can see what's offered, and roll for it, it would help my personal social barrier issues a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have autoloot on, hold shift and loot to see if its something you need, and close the window without looting it.

Say "mine"

Go into settings and turn off whispers

Ignore them

All kinds of different solutions.

I'm laughing at the people calling OP entitled. Maybe what you experienced personally hasn't been replicated in others? I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Players definitely exist that feel if someone else doesn't absolutely need something, that it no longer belongs to them. Hell, some people in the thread seem to think OP is at fault for not giving away his own loot.

If someone doesn't want to attract potentially negative attention because of loot that's given specifically to them, they shouldn't be called entitled. It's reasonable to not want to be guilt tripped into handing off loot against their will and simply because one hasn't experienced others demanding loot doesn't mean it isn't the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

I actually kind of agree with this premise.

Though I think blizz should somehow incentivize letting people have your loot. Like if you're a 905 ilevel raider in lfr, there could be a "donate" option on the loot that gives some sort of alternate reward like AP, garrison resources, or gold for putting your loot into a donation pool.

10+ Year Old Account
    "No" - so easy

it's nice that we've arrived at a point in this community where 200-300 gold is worth more to you than helping someone out with an upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    it's nice that we've arrived at a point in this community where 200-300 gold is worth more to you than helping someone out with an upgrade
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    arrived
    I don't think this thread is the place for jokes
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

I said this before in a similar thread.

Simply asking for something ISN'T entitlement, getting mad when someone say no IS entitlement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbownz View Post
    Seriously? I never take gear out of LFR when there's low geared players that can use it? Why do you have an issue with it? Just link the item in raid and say "roll"
    I put item on roll on raid chat but

1) People whisper INSTANTLY I loot the item not even giving me time to press B, linking item and typing "roll dont whisper". And Im pretty freaking fast on that. Like literally every time I get loot I know where is it in my bags, pressing enter, clicking item and typing "ROLL DONT WHISPER". This whole thing takes me 10 seconds max. Still I get 3-4 whispers during that time.

2) People still beg thro whisper even tho I clearly say roll

3) Demon hunters roll on cloth gear "for stats" (hunter gear all over again)

Seriously its like they've done this million times they type "need that item?" by heart or with copy paste...
    Last edited by mmocd6ad878d9b; 2017-03-20 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushu View Post
    they need to remove LFR. If wow still had a sense of community you'd gladly give that gear away when you dont need it.
    WoW still has a sense of community where it was always the strongest; In proper guilds.
    It was NEVER the case that random people cared about other random people. Anyone remember all those issues with ninjas?