Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    With any luck, it'll be adding quick-save on PC.

Yes, I'm upset about that. Such a small thing to be upset about but its a peeve of mine.
    It's not a small thing at all, on Insanity it's really easy to die. Quicksave is a must in most modern games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Who here's trying to play brand new games on 5+ year old hardware? Most of us here are on PC, and certainly not on potatoes. Mostly.

I'm just glad that ports of games developed for consoles don't usually carry along their inherent performance limitations. Controls & UIs hampered by consoles is one thing, but if our performance was limited and locked to what a PS4 could do, THAT would be reason to get outraged.
    Well I mean, a 780Ti (2013) is about equivalent to a 970 (2014) which is about equivalent to a 1060 (2016)...

And CPUs have had single digit performance increases generation over generation.

So a person rocking like an OC'd i5 2500k (2011), a GTX 780Ti, 16GB of RAM should theoretically be able to run any game just as well as someone with say, a brand new i5 7600k stock, a GTX 1060, and 16GB if RAM... At least at 1080p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Well I mean, a 780Ti (2013) is about equivalent to a 970 (2014) which is about equivalent to a 1060 (2016)...

And CPUs have had single digit performance increases generation over generation.

So a person rocking like an OC'd i5 2500k (2011), a GTX 780Ti, 16GB of RAM should theoretically be able to run any game just as well as someone with say, a brand new i5 7600k stock, a GTX 1060, and 16GB if RAM... At least at 1080p.
    I totally agree, but I was referencing the consoles being 5+ year old hardware.

I've seen at least one person in here complain that their 780 couldn't handle the game though. I thought Frostbyte (Battlefield, Star Wars & Need for Speed) was fairly good at respecting older hardware and delivering a playable experience. Wonder if it's just the swap from Unreal to Frostbyte that may have allowed some optimization gaps.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    They added a patch (288.09 mb in size) in the pre download.
    Any info on what the patch does or has that info not been released yet?

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Any info on what the patch does or has that info not been released yet?
    Nop no info, I don't know if it has any effect on the trial either and I can't check it since I used all my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    With any luck, it'll be adding quick-save on PC.

Yes, I'm upset about that. Such a small thing to be upset about but its a peeve of mine.
    Seems more like an intentional design decision as saving was outright blocked for priority missions. It would not be so bad if the auto save was decent. For those who want to go back and experience different choices it kills that outright.

Oh before I forget it.. if I download the trial, do I still have to download the pre-download? My origin seems to be confused about that, because it still offers me that after I already started the trial download.

https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/...ring_priority/

Anyone care to make sure this works? I can't test it myself, but at least sounds like a workaround for saving.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Contractors leaving at the end of their contract is standard operating procedure in the entertainment industry, there's a fairly high turnover rate if you aren't a core team member. If the heads of the higher-ups (such as Gamble, Flynn or Frazier) start rolling, you might have a point, but they don't yet.

Also, I'm just glad that douchebag Heir is gone since hopefully it means the ''biower is racist sexist sjw hates poor white males'' idiocy is over. Well, probably not over since there will always be people with an axe to grind at the studio, but toned down at least now that the scapegoat has left for greener pastures.
    This is normal. Once a game goes gold the team gets reduced, especially since they already stated this will be a contained story. They may make more games in the Andromeda galaxy, but they won't be sequels.

Sauce: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mas.../1100-6445250/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Oh before I forget it.. if I download the trial, do I still have to download the pre-download? My origin seems to be confused about that, because it still offers me that after I already started the trial download.
    Nah, once you fully install the trial it will mark the actual game as pre-loaded.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Who here's trying to play brand new games on 5+ year old hardware? Most of us here are on PC, and certainly not on potatoes. Mostly.
    My computer is 6 years old (and even a budget computer those days) and haven't come across a game yet that I can't run 60+ fps. I prefer 90-100 fps on all games.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Nah, once you fully install the trial it will mark the actual game as pre-loaded.
    Ah thanks, with my smoke signal connection downloading (fuck you EA for shipping empty boxes ..!.(-_-).!..) the game twice would be a pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    This is normal. Once a game goes gold the team gets reduced, especially since they already stated this will be a contained story. They may make more games in the Andromeda galaxy, but they won't be sequels.

Sauce: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mas.../1100-6445250/
    Sounds like they could be setting up Mass Effect to now be like Dragon Age where certain things carry over into the next game, but the main character and most of the supporting cast is different.

I know that we can use a VPN from South Korea to access the game earlier but I'll wait until the EU release on the 23rd in case there is some patch for the character creation because I don't want to create my Ryder and then...NEW OPTIONS! "yay thanks Bioware, now I need to start over! " <- really afraid of that.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Sounds like they could be setting up Mass Effect to now be like Dragon Age where certain things carry over into the next game, but the main character and most of the supporting cast is different.
    Seems so. It's easier on the devs too; by ME3, the series's baggage must have been hard to write around, what with X character being dead or alive (usually replaced with a less interesting one) or Y decision from a past game needing to matter (which it frequently didn't, not a lot at least).

I'm curious how much truth there is behind all these comments I see blaming SJWism/Diversity for Bioware having low experienced workers.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    I know that we can use a VPN from South Korea to access the game earlier but I'll wait until the EU release on the 23rd in case there is some patch for the character creation because I don't want to create my Ryder and then...NEW OPTIONS! "yay thanks Bioware, now I need to start over! " <- really afraid of that.
    Maybe someone will release a cheat table or editor again that let's you input the new values and overwrite the old ones of your character. It isn't unheard of ^^.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Seems so. It's easier on the devs too; by ME3, the series's baggage must have been hard to write around, what with X character being dead or alive (usually replaced with a less interesting one) or Y decision from a past game needing to matter (which it frequently didn't, not a lot at least).
    Some of these choices were also just the byproduct of horrible ingame choices, and making them canon was mostly for people that don't care about the game probably. I mean for some characters they already pretty much hand-waved them with a "wait I thought you were dead? Oh that was just.. let's not talk about that". Just think of Leliana or what happened to characters that could die during the finale of ME2. Making every single terrible gameplay choice canon across serveral game titles can be a bit much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I'm curious how much truth there is behind all these comments I see blaming SJWism/Diversity for Bioware having low experienced workers.
    I doubt they are responsible for that, this screams more like terrible QA department and bad project management. Or they just had to shove it out of the door because the higher ups said so.
    And I think SJWs are deplorable and utterly ridiculous most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I'm sure there is some (Canada is pretty much the spot for "SJW's"), but the bigger problem are the higher ups who are no longer the Doctors and the original cast treating the Bioware name like a puppy mill and slapping the logo on every lukewarm, sterile product they put out.
    Last edited by NoiseTank13; 2017-03-19 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Didnt mean to imply they were mass producing shit
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Really? Because I was saying shit like that well into my 20's.
    Doesn't surprise me. What did your waifu pillow say in return?

Please post respectfully. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-03-20 at 05:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Maybe someone will release a cheat table or editor again that let's you input the new values and overwrite the old ones of your character. It isn't unheard of ^^.

- - - Updated - - -

Some of these choices were also just the byproduct of horrible ingame choices, and making them canon was mostly for people that don't care about the game probably. I mean for some characters they already pretty much hand-waved them with a "wait I thought you were dead? Oh that was just.. let's not talk about that". Just think of Leliana or what happened to characters that could die during the finale of ME2. Making every single terrible gameplay choice canon across serveral game titles can be a bit much.

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt they are responsible for that, this screams more like terrible QA department and bad project management. Or they just had to shove it out of the door because the higher ups said so.
    And I think SJWs are deplorable and utterly ridiculous most of the time.
    I refuse to believe QA would miss animations this bad.
    I refuse to believe it would even leave the animation department without a higher-up forcing it to be pushed forward.

Imo those in charge of Bioware (or EA) knowingly pushed a game that is in no way polished to a reasonable standard for a AAA game.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death