Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethris View Post
    Or you could get a job and make actual money. Christ.
    lol what?
    just because people have money doesent mean they want to spend it
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

What would be the point of all the 1-100 content if all new characters started at ~100 level?

I mean you can NOT create a DH unless you have atleast one 100 on that server so for anyone just starting it would be pointless to start at 98 since they wouldn't know the class they are playing. Its a fine system they have in place the same was done for the DK's when they released. With all the BoA's that are out im surprised anyone is crying about leveling to 100. Its a joke. Even 100 - 110 isnt that bad.
    Last edited by Zelestwo; 2017-03-18 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    someone's forgetting the extra work blizz would put in altering teh game to have each class start at 98
    What level does the trial character start at again? Make it 100 then instead of 98. Make there be world quests in all the other areas I don't know. *shrug*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zelestwo View Post
    I mean you can NOT create a DH unless you have atleast one 100 on that server so for anyone just starting it would be pointless to start at 98 since they wouldn't know the class they are playing. Its a fine system they have in place the same was done for the DK's when they released. With all the BoA's that are out im surprised anyone is crying about leveling to 100. Its a joke. Even 100 - 110 isnt that bad.
    Can't a new player boost said character to 100?

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    What level does the trial character start at again? Make it 100 then instead of 98. Make there be world quests in all the other areas I don't know. *shrug*

- - - Updated - - -

Can't a new player boost said character to 100?
    Trial accounts go to level 20 I believe. That would be a hell of a job to go back and make world quests in ALL the other zones. I think a lot of people would rather have them spend time on new content. Yeah I guess they could boost if they really wanted to. I know that if I were just starting a new game I would want to experience it and be able to enjoy my leveling experience. Sure I think that after there first character I think there should be an option to start at a higher level. Boosts have provided that. Seeing as you get a free current max level with expansions now I dont see how the paid boost is a problem. If someone doesnt want to fork over $60 then just throw on BoAs and cruise through the levels.

Trial accounts go to level 20 I believe. That would be a hell of a job to go back and make world quests in ALL the other zones. I think a lot of people would rather have them spend time on new content. Yeah I guess they could boost if they really wanted to. I know that if I were just starting a new game I would want to experience it and be able to enjoy my leveling experience. Sure I think that after there first character I think there should be an option to start at a higher level. Boosts have provided that. Seeing as you get a free current max level with expansions now I dont see how the paid boost is a problem. If someone doesnt want to fork over $60 then just throw on BoAs and cruise through the levels.
    I meant can't you try out a class at level 100 and then boost it to 100 if you like it? Sorry for the mistake.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie De Palma View Post
    You want Blizzard to earn money they don't deserve?
    And who will be the judge of that exactly? You?
    Them spending a lot of time and resources on building something people with FREE FUCKING WILL are willing to pay for, means they deserved it. You being an idiot with entitlement issues doesn't matter much in terms of wether or not they deserve to get paid for their work.

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    They are a Hero class. Even though after DKs, Blizz said that they would never do another Hero class.
    Actually, they never said that. They never said that they'd never make another "hero class". What they said was, after the experience with the DK, the "hero class" thing would be something that they'd have to careful with, in the future, which meant that new classes added to the game won't always be 'hero class' and it has to fit the lore. Case in point: Monks.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    The difference (as of right now) between Hero Classes and regular classes is that Hero classes have a backstory to them. Death Knights were hero that was turned into an Agent of the Scourge and thus had experience behind him/her and those who became demon hunters came to Illidan for various reasons, many of how were heroes before hand but wanted something else.

There hero classes weren't always Demon Hunters or Death Knights ... they became them always. While the other classes could be viewed as always that class or if you want to came to it later. You can't be a demon hunter that was always a demon hunter ... your character was something else before according to the lore they have put in place.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

You realize it took 9 years to get green fire from the future feature board and into the game?

I meant can't you try out a class at level 100 and then boost it to 100 if you like it? Sorry for the mistake.
    Yes you can do that now, and no problems i may have misread. =)

OP reported me lol...It's common sense to see why starting classes at level 98 is a very dumb idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    "People won't take the time to help me get geared"
    then
    "I'm too busy to get geared, I don't have the time to spare"

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They deserve the money for boosts as long as people are willing to buy them. It's simple economics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keedorin View Post
    So.....what kind of weed do you smoke?
    Yea, would also like to know what OP is smoking. Hook me up bro.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Deleted
    Well, people still get to play a Demon Hunter. I don't see your point.

- - - Updated - - -

.... what? What does that even mean?

Use the lvl boost that comes with the game if you ever bought a Collector's version. (or whatever it was given from). I still have my lvl90 and lvl100 boost, never used it. Because as said above, with the revamp of the lvling zone from Cataclysm, leveling is better and good story-wise. Like the Stonetalon Moutains' horde quests, makes you feel like Garrosh (yeah, still there) as a firm but good Warchief. The only downfall is, as said previously, that you dont have have the time to do half the zone and you're already too high for the zone. And thats if you don't queue for Dungeons (or else its like 10-25% of the zone).

And the lvling follow the story.
    From 1-60, Deathwing is the big evil in Azeroth (you don't fight him, but hes there) + Nefarian/Onixia/Ragnaros.
    From 61-70, Illidan/Kil'Jaedan are the big evil (starts of the DKs, whick follow the next expansion).
    From 71-80, the Old Gods+Lich King are the big evil.
    From 81-85: Twilight Hammer/Old Gods/Corrupted Elementals + Deathwing.
    From 86-90: Garrosh, ThunderKing and the Shas. (Lvl90 boost, you are here)
    From 91-100: Guldan, mostly (+Warlords to some extend). Thats where the DH starts, as a conclusion of it all. (Lvl100 boost, you are here).
    101-110: Guldan again. + Kil'Jaden and whats next. (Sargeras!?).
    Last edited by Ravingmad; 2017-03-18 at 04:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because that 60 dollar level boost isn't going to look so nice.

Because they dont want to make vanilla along with 5 xpacs worthless? (aside from going back for xmog)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    You realize it took 9 years to get green fire from the future feature board and into the game?
    Well Blizzard does like to take their time!

- - - Updated - - -

Yes you can do that now, and no problems i may have misread. =)
    I've been doped up on cough and cold meds the past week who know what I've said or misread!!! No worries!

Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    Leveling through Vanilla is actually a pleasant experience. It's s shame that the zones don't scale to your level better because you always seem to outlevel a zone before you're finished with it.
    This is one of the problems with MMO's in general today. It's all about the race to Max level and raiding (or similar end game content). People have forgotten to enjoy the experience on the way.
    Completely disagree. I'm currently leveling a character through vanilla for the first time since Legion came out and I really, really don't enjoy it.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought the requirement was a level 70 on the server?

Quote Originally Posted by PraisCthulhu View Post
    Completely disagree. I'm currently leveling a character through vanilla for the first time since Legion came out and I really, really don't enjoy it.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought the requirement was a level 70 on the server?
    Thanks for the correction it is 70! That was a big error on my part.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, If they have a boost or buy a boost they can. But even with the boosts Ive had friends who would rather level through the content and exp the entire game. Granted they wouldnt get to do the content at that level like raids and such but they did enjoy the leveling exp. Compared to many MMO's of today WoW's leveling is rather easy. BoA's just make it even easier. That said if said person wanted to bypass it and just go do CURRENT content, Yes they can try the character for I believe 10 hours or till they get the artifact weapon. I may have to look up the actual time alotted to trying a character out but its something like that. If they like it at the end of the trial period it will have a lock on it and ask to be boosted. Does that help? I hope I was able to answer your question.