Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    I NEVER buy a game at full price unless its a master piece or im in fanboy mode and yes, games were expensive back then but most of them were fucking worth every dollar
    "most of them were worth it"

oh lol nostalgia you so crazy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So much of that is 100% option its not even funny.

You don't need VR,Season Passes,DLC.

As for the console subs its $60 a year and you get 2-3 games a month. That is over 30 games a year. That is less then $2 a game.
    Yep, you dont need season pass or DLC... as much as you dont need WoW expansions. And fuck, please dont mention the useless indie games you get most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    "most of them were worth it"

oh lol nostalgia you so crazy
    you want to tell me FFVII wasnt worth every penny?

Quote Originally Posted by Reachie10 View Post
    People will pay $50/ticket + food + beers + gas/uber to go watch a sporting event, and end up paying $200+ for 4 hours of entertainment.

Yet, $60 is to much for a video game? Where you will get 10x sometimes 100x amount of entertainment time.

I agree that gaming is one of the cheapest forms of entertainment out there.
    Some people pay 500 € for ~20 minutes of "live adult entertainment"
    It really comes down to what it's worth to the individual, because I wouldn't pay even 50 bucks total for a sports event.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    "Too much money" by definition means out of your budget.
    Not really.

Yeah.......

No.

Marginal cost of selling additional copies = sweet fuck all so trying to divvy up what goes where on a copy per copy basis is nigh on useless. At some point, they are creaming it in the most absolute sense. Why do things end up on sale on steam at 90% off, sometimes rather quickly too?

The video game market has expanded nearly 5x in little over two decades. It is now a 100billion dollar industry compared with ~20billion in the early 90s. The insistence of micro transactions over a sort of ""collectibles" framework is just real basic psychology to nickel and dime people into paying more when they are probably more than ever selling more copies of their various franchises which as mentioned above is costing them less to distribute now than ever before. I think GTA has broken records every single time they release a new one? Pretty normal, handily beating inflation by sheer magnitude of copies sold which really cost them nothing to sell.

Furthermore, this "costs so much to produce" is a self inflicted wound, especially since half the crap being added to games these days does very *very* little to actually enhance the game itself, on the contrary they seem highly preoccupied with shoehorning grinding mechanics into nearly everything which becomes an absolute field day for micro transactions, or graphical enhancements that are forgotten even more quickly than they are celebrated. I mean seriously, why is minecraft the best selling game of all time? Unfortunately people running things don't like that kind of appeal because you cannot set it to a timely release schedule, but don't try and fool yourself they are doing us all some kind of massive favour, neither try and excuse any of this by utter mismanagement of IP(looking at you EA).

Really think this vid is full on micro transaction apologist BS myself. Season pass and DLC gets a bit more of a pass but even the decent ones like bethesda are really starting to push it. Expansions have always existed but minuscule nonsense updates at 15 bucks a pop have not. Previously they would have never moved off the shelves.

Seriously I am just googling sales figures for big franchises and I just cannot find that many that are not selling better than their predecessors. IP going stale is another issue but continually beating sales figures on hot IP with digital sales sorta kinda dismisses everything in this vid, sorry. In that regard inflation really need not apply as some driving force behind flagrant upsell horseshit. These guys are still making money, a lot. Fallout 4 had 750million in revenue one day after release. Dev and publishing cost unlikely to be higher than 200-300mil. Wake the fuck up lol. They *needed* to season pass
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    When I am in fanboy mode, I buy Collectors Editions - and I also think the games I bought at full price were worth it. Rose tinted goggles /on
    I still regret buying Cataclysm CE, i couldnt even claim the loot card because i introduced the wrong region

Video games are massively overpriced.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Yep, you dont need season pass or DLC... as much as you dont need WoW expansions. And fuck, please dont mention the useless indie games you get most of the time.
    Just because u don't like a game doesn't mean everyone agree's with you.

Indie games and AA games count as much as AAA gaming. Playing video games can be as expansive and as cheap as u want it to be. So to say gaming is expansive is factually wrong and saying games cost more now is also factually wrong.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    There are many thing that did not keep up with the inflation, for example my salary. Offsetting inflation with horrible quality DLC is not really an answer, at least not a customer friendly one. Hated when the first ones came out, and my opinion did not change over the years.

PS, did not watch the video, because https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEwlW5sHQ4Q

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post

/thread
    You are factually wrong.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    you want to tell me FFVII wasnt worth every penny?
    You want to tell me FFVII was "most the games out there"?

Deleted
    Just because u don't like a game doesn't mean everyone agree's with you.

Indie games and AA games count as much as AAA gaming. Playing video games can be as expansive and as cheap as u want it to be. So to say gaming is expansive is factually wrong and saying games cost more now is also factually wrong.
    Of course, following your skewed logic gaming is cheap, if you just play crap games and board games. You try to generalise something which cannot be generalised like this.

Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    There are many thing that did not keep up with the inflation, for example my salary. Offsetting inflation with horrible quality DLC is not really an answer, at least not a customer friendly one. Hated when the first ones came out, and my opinion did not change over the years.

PS, did not watch the video, because https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEwlW5sHQ4Q
    If you can't watch the video then your opinion is invalid since the thread topic is that of the video.

It gives many details that you may not know and you deciding to ignore them does not help your argument. Your salary or the opinion of DLC does not change it ether.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post

/thread
    In bizzaro world, you are correct.

Of course, following your skewed logic gaming is cheap, if you just play crap games and board games. You try to generalise something which cannot be generalised like this.
    Its a matter of opinion on if a game is crap or not, Its not factual. Gaming being one of the cheapest forum's of entertainment is not a opinion its factual. Even more so when there is a fuck ton of f2p games you don't have to spend a dime in. Gaming being cheaper now compared to 15 years ago once again isn't a opinion....Its fact.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-03-19 at 08:08 PM.

Deleted
    Its a matter of opinion on if a game is crap or not, Its not factual. Gaming being one of the cheapest forum's of entertainment is not a opinion its factual. Even more so when there is a fuck ton of f2p games you don't have to spend a dime in. Gaming being cheaper now compared to 15 years ago once again isn't a opinion....Its fact.
    Children in Africa play football with selfmade balls. I'd doubt that gaming is the cheapest form of entertainment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gaming IS factually cheap compared to lots of hobbies. Its not opinion, its objective fact. I don't know why you people are even trying to argue this.

Going to the movies: $10~ ticket, ~$10 for popcorn/soda = $20 for an hour and a half of entertainment

Go to a football/baseball/sports whatever: ~$20-30-40 depending whether pro or not, championship games yada yada ~$20 for beer/food/soda = $50+ for 3-4 hours of entertainment

Go out drinking: $30-40 depending on the person, whether they Uber or not, might go out and get some food after and so on = $50+ again for a night of fun

Buying a new game to play: $60 or less, ~10 to 100's of hours (for me personally its almost always LOTS more, as I don't tend to buy games that have single digit number of hour campaigns)

Its cheaper.

- - - Updated - - -

Children in Africa play football with selfmade balls. I'd doubt that gaming is the cheapest form of entertainment.
    Don't be pedantic, it makes you look bad.

I said one of the cheapest...

Are you a kid in Africa playing football with self-made balls? If not then such a idiotic statement means nothing and you are just trying to be a smartass.

Deleted
    Gaming IS factually cheap compared to lots of hobbies. Its not opinion, its objective fact. I don't know why you people are even trying to argue this.

Going to the movies: $10~ ticket, ~$10 for popcorn/soda = $20 for an hour and a half of entertainment

Go to a football/baseball/sports whatever: ~$20-30-40 depending whether pro or not, championship games yada yada ~$20 for beer/food/soda = $50+ for 3-4 hours of entertainment

Go out drinking: $30-40 depending on the person, whether they Uber or not, might go out and get some food after and so on = $50+ again for a night of fun

Buying a new game to play: $60 or less, ~10 to 100's of hours (for me personally its almost always LOTS more, as I don't tend to buy games that have single digit number of hour campaigns)

Its cheaper.
    Guess you didnt read the title of this thread.

"Gaming is cheaper now more than ever"

Don't be pedantic, it makes you look bad.
    Just trying to allocate myself with the niveau of this thread.