Siege of Orgrimmar(and maybe other raids) loot nerf?

Hello,

Last week I soloed this place on Mythic and got loot like a regular mythic group. But today, after killing the first 2 bosses, both dropped only one piece of gear and no gold at all. What is going on? I left the raid and relogged because maybe it was a bug and stuff would be sent to my mail but I got nothing. Did they say anything about changing loot drops? I didn't test any other raid yet but if that's how this is gonna be... ugh.

Thanks.

Mythic raids on certain loot setting scale with the amount of players - this is certainly true for master loot even including nighthold. Were you group loot last time? That works for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

You probably did it with personal loot turned on.

It is the new and revolutionary design where loot scales depending on amount of players present in the boss kill. 1 player = 20% chance for loot, so in order to guarantee 1 loot per boss you need 5 players, 10 for 2 loot pieces, 15 for 3...And yes, instead of good old times where you actually would always get gold from vendoring useless loot you do not need, now you have to actually pay for bonus rolls (you always did need to) and you spend money when farming old content, not gain.

This system applies to all raids which use the flexible raid size system. With Siege of Orgrimmar, you might be able to bypass this by using Group Loot, but any raid that was released after sadly uses the new system.

Was it on personal loot?

So to maximize loot potential, I should make sure its on Group Loot?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    So to maximize loot potential, I should make sure its on Group Loot?
    ...well if its on personal in a raid where personal was a thing you are only going to get what you could actually use
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

I have no option to change loot type. So what I did was invite someone, then I had the option to change loot. Everytime I enter a raid solo it's setting my default loot type to personal for some reason. This didn't happen last week, so is there a way to permanently set the default loot to something else? I tested this 2 times, everytime I enter solo it says loot is on personal after I invite someone.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    I have no option to change loot type. So what I did was invite someone, then I had the option to change loot. Everytime I enter a raid solo it's setting my default loot type to personal for some reason. This didn't happen last week, so is there a way to permanently set the default loot to something else? I tested this 2 times, everytime I enter solo it says loot is on personal after I invite someone.
    Isn't personal loot forced now unless you form a guild group? Anti-ninjaloot and all that...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    I always solve this issue by putting myself in Group Finder. It then allows you to change the loot setting.

Also, here's how I found it to work:
    - Any instance that uses the PL system (SoO and onwards) will drop a guaranteed item on the loot table for up to 2 people when set to PL.
    - Using GL for the same system makes it so on Normal, Heroic and LFR will only drop 2-3 items per boss, because those difficulties scale loot between 10-30 people. So if you go in with 10 or less people with GL, it'll always drop 2-3 items (depending on tier tokens). Only if you have 11 or more people in the raid does the loot drop chance scale to the appropriate amount.
    - With Mythic, loot is always set for 20 players. So even if you solo it and put on GL, you'll get the 4-5 items. Put it on PL and it'll be the 1 standard item.

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    I always solve this issue by putting myself in Group Finder. It then allows you to change the loot setting.

Also, here's how I found it to work:
    - Any instance that uses the PL system (SoO and onwards) will drop a guaranteed item on the loot table for up to 2 people when set to PL.
    - Using GL for the same system makes it so on Normal, Heroic and LFR will only drop 2-3 items per boss, because those difficulties scale loot between 10-30 people. So if you go in with 10 or less people with GL, it'll always drop 2-3 items (depending on tier tokens). Only if you have 11 or more people in the raid does the loot drop chance scale to the appropriate amount.
    - With Mythic, loot is always set for 20 players. So even if you solo it and put on GL, you'll get the 4-5 items. Put it on PL and it'll be the 1 standard item.
    This is good info thanks. I'm gonna start listing on group finder so I don't have to depend on inviting/bothering people only to change loot type.