The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Any info on what the patch does or has that info not been released yet?
    I've just installed it, it went into the day one patch folder and by the looks of the modified files there are some changes into texts, dialogue scenes (animations, probably), and planet stuff.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I refuse to believe QA would miss animations this bad.
    I refuse to believe it would even leave the animation department without a higher-up forcing it to be pushed forward.

Imo those in charge of Bioware (or EA) knowingly pushed a game that is in no way polished to a reasonable standard for a AAA game.
    Most likely, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    With any luck, it'll be adding quick-save on PC.

Yes, I'm upset about that. Such a small thing to be upset about but its a peeve of mine.
    Quick tip: during a priority mission, if you go to your journal and change the mission manually, you can save the game. Small workaround until they fix it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Jesus, the fish lips is starting to really get to me. PEOPLES MOUTHS DO NOT WORK LIKE THAT.

But the rest of that...did they seriously put that scene in the game? I get that they're aiming for quirky and charming I guess but...I'm surprised I didn't cringe out of existence.

A) How did this make it pass like...any approval process?

B) Weren't we supposed to like...be getting less cringy romances this time around? Because that scene isn't instilling confidence in me...it's doing the opposite in a big way.
    I thought the scene was absolutely adorable.

Not every romance has to be some suave mother fucker hitting on someone. It's okay for there to be cute, dorky romance scenes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankitbetter View Post
    I thought the scene was absolutely adorable.

Not every romance has to be some suave mother fucker hitting on someone. It's okay for there to be cute, dorky romance scenes.
    Except that wasn't cute and dorky at all, I pulled like 16 hairs and 9 of my face muscles contracted just by watching that monstrosity unfold.

Quick tip: during a priority mission, if you go to your journal and change the mission manually, you can save the game. Small workaround until they fix it.
    You realize that they most likely intended for not saving, right? Or have they stated otherwise? I think there is a higher chance for them to fix your little work around than the other way around.. though I guess your wording is ambigious.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    You realize that they most likely intended for not saving, right? Or have they stated otherwise? I think there is a higher chance for them to fix your little work around than the other way around.. though I guess your wording is ambigious.
    They tweeted out they'd add quicksave/quickload to PC in an upcoming patch. Consoles have it already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Except that wasn't cute and dorky at all, I pulled like 16 hairs and 9 of my face muscles contracted just by watching that monstrosity unfold.
    That's like, your opinion, man. I thought it was adorable. The "Oh, I have to like, go do pathfinder shit, oh my god" as she awkwardly walks away.

It's like I was sitting at the bar listening to the conversations going on around me. It's a real, authentic encounter and you're trash-talking it by saying the writing is bad.

I cringed so hard, I had an outer-body experience, because my physical form couldn't leave the room fast enough.

- - - Updated - - -

They tweeted out they'd add quicksave/quickload to PC in an upcoming patch. Consoles have it already.
    Did they? I thought I only read something about "we will look into it" without commiting to anything.

I cringed so hard, I had an outer-body experience, because my physical form couldn't leave the room fast enough.
    It was intended to be cringey. Real-life flirtation can be very cringey. Listening to a couple cute-talk and say shit like "I want to know you, like your soul" is so awkward and it's something that younger couples - and even some half-drunk older ones - say.

15+ Year Old Account
    That was a good one!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Did they? I thought I only read something about "we will look into it" without commiting to anything.
    https://twitter.com/GambleMike/statu...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

You're right, it's not a direct confirmation, but by saying "we're looking into it but it won't be day 1" implies that it will be at a later date.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was intended to be cringey. Real-life flirtation can be very cringey. Listening to a couple cute-talk and say shit like "I want to know you, like your soul" is so awkward and it's something that younger couples - and even some half-drunk older ones - say.
    Sure, but Sara isn't 13 years old.

The twenty-somethings I listen to at the bar aren't 13 either.

https://twitter.com/GambleMike/statu...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

You're right, it's not a direct confirmation, but by saying "we're looking into it but it won't be day 1" implies that it will be at a later date.
    I don't really see why there is even a need to investigate a lot here. The "code" for that is a 1 hour job for an intern at best, since they already have a save system, a keybindings menu (at least I hope they have .. still downloading) and the base modifications to the engine look pretty much like DA:I. That they even "missed" this seems to be utterly bizarre to me. Does console really have a quicksave feature? Who did QA here if that is the case? The saving during priority missins is the same console as well though, isn't it? So I could see a delay (or unwillingness) to change the later, but quicksave should be a piece of cake..
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-03-19 at 09:05 PM.

Up until the 'I think your cute' it was pretty ok. After that it goes from 'shy romance' into 'who the fuck wrote this shit'. The Salarian mirroring the audience in stating it is beyond garbage sure didn't help my 'romantic' feelings.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    They couldn't have come up with an "emotional" response line that didn't sound like a 12 year old awkwardly telling their first crush they think they're cute? I get these are supposed to be "younger" and more "immature" protagonists in a sense, but like...they're not fucking 12 years old.
    Part of being an adult is knowing that it is okay to act like a 12 year old sometimes because why not? Cheesy lines and anything else have been used by adults for years. Why is it a problem that a video game acts like real life acts? People get jitters, nerves, and foot-in-mouth around people they like all the time. I guess you are a steel trap for emotional response but not everyone is as robotic.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I don't really see why there is even a need to investigate a lot here. The "code" for that is a 1 hour job for an intern at best, since they already have a save system, a keybindings menu (at least I hope they have .. still downloading) and the engine seems to be base modifications to the engine look pretty much like DA:I. That they even "missed" this seems to be utterly bizarre to me. Does console really have a quicksave feature? Who did QA here if that is the case? The saving during priority missins is the same console as well though, isn't it?
    Nothing is ever as easy a fix as people seem to think. I don't know why they didn't have quick save in - I agree it's retarded. But there has to be a ton of testing by implementing in the feature. What if they hotfixed in quick save, and it turns out there's a bug with it that causes a problem later on in the campaign because quicksave didn't save some variable.

There are some things that are coded and referenced to throughout a gigantic program. For example, on WoW, they initially found that increasing the size of the backpack made fireball do zero damage because of various references and arrays within the game files.

It's a bigger problem to have a bad quick save than to not have one at all. For now, we can use the workaround, and then they will implement it later.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Part of being an adult is knowing that it is okay to act like a 12 year old sometimes because why not? Cheesy lines and anything else have been used by adults for years. Why is it a problem that a video game acts like real life acts?
    "The writing is awful! no way a human would say that!"

*writes in adorable, authentic flirt scene*

"The writing is awful! no way a human would say that!"

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't really see why there is even a need to investigate a lot here. The "code" for that is a 1 hour job for an intern at best, since they already have a save system, a keybindings menu (at least I hope they have .. still downloading) and the base modifications to the engine look pretty much like DA:I. That they even "missed" this seems to be utterly bizarre to me. Does console really have a quicksave feature? Who did QA here if that is the case? The saving during priority missins is the same console as well though, isn't it? So I could see a delay (or unwillingness) to change the later, but quicksave should be a piece of cake..
    Shit like this reminds me of Revelation Online, which then brings up an important question: does ME:A have an invert mouse option?
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's just bitching for the sake of bitching, it's a trend that started in the ancient year of 2016. Just look into any game related thread, there will be bitching about the tiniest things.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

15+ Year Old Account
    People of all age can be "cringe" worthy. Sometimes people just get to you. You act like by a certain age we should all be robots that only act a certain way to any situation. People have different levels of emotions and some people feel butterflies in their stomachs even when 80. It isn't something to be belittled about either. It is just how stuff works sometimes.

I know I've said stupid shit to my wife sometimes while we were dating and we were both well beyond 12.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Nothing is ever as easy a fix as people seem to think. I don't know why they didn't have quick save in - I agree it's retarded. But there has to be a ton of testing by implementing in the feature. What if they hotfixed in quick save, and it turns out there's a bug with it that causes a problem later on in the campaign because quicksave didn't save some variable.

There are some things that are coded and referenced to throughout a gigantic program. For example, on WoW, they initially found that increasing the size of the backpack made fireball do zero damage because of various references and arrays within the game files.

It's a bigger problem to have a bad quick save than to not have one at all. For now, we can use the workaround, and then they will implement it later.
    I very much doubt they will have to write a new saving algorithm from scratch for quicksaving. That is not how it works. You press the button and it just runs the normal saving algorithm with an autogenerated name that rewrites the last one (bonus points if you have a ring-buffer quicksave system). To fuck this up in code would require an utter novice that just started with "hello world" or an atrocious implementation that completely forgot about implementing such a feature in the first place during non-paused gameplay (not the case since autosave exists already). (EDIT: ) Most of that should even be predefined in the base tools of the engine though, at least if it has any worth.. or be available as a copy-pasta example code. This is essential stuff.

Your wow example probably just caused a bunch of software engineers to fall into a coma due to the blunt force trauma they got from the facepalm, if that's actually how blizzard implemented this .
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-03-19 at 09:22 PM.