Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    well we overlook youngsters being communists, so why not?

- - - Updated - - -

defining this as racism makes the word pointless, and therefore meaningless - Soon people wont care that people do actual racist things, because when they hear racism, they hear 'nothing'.
    Don't you dare for a second try to pretend the origin and most uses of the word nigger are rooted in bigotry. It IS racism. It IS ignorance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    That's pretty much what I think about it too.

Social justice warriors are the stupidest people on planet, using double standards and blowing things out of proportion to get their daily fix of fake justice.
    There is nothing just in people being able to do and say bigoted things without consequence or criticism.

I mean, better to learn the consequences of posting really stupid shit on social media in high school then later on down the road. her getting kicked off the squad would be the least they can do. anything beyond that is a tad extreme to me, but I'm well aware about how touchy schools can be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Don't you dare for a second try to pretend the origin and most uses of the word nigger are rooted in bigotry. It IS racism. It IS ignorance.
    The word is racist, the act of saying it is not.

Liberals should really save their outrage for something that matters instead of trying to police what people say and think.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman31 View Post
    Liberals should really save their outrage for something that matters instead of trying to police what people say and think.
    It's about pointing out racism, not policing it. She said something stupid, and hopefully she'll learn from it. She shouldn't be assaulted, arrested, or have her live ruined... but she should be called out for her racism. That has been done, problem solved. She's a racist bitch, and everyone sees it. Hopefully, she learns from this, and stops being a racist bitch.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, the intent behind saying it is what is racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post

Actually, the intent behind saying it is what is racist.
    oh you fuckin did it now, I hope you didn't have plans on discussing the actual topic.

Public school systems are legally obligated to address and investigate potential racism in their schools. No they absolutely should not stay out of it because if teens are doing things like this in that school for everyone to see just imagine what they are doing when they think on one is looking or paying attention. This is a very, very real problem whether you want to acknowledge it or not.
    It wasn't made on school property and thus it didn't happen in school, easy to tell it was done at a home/apartment. Just like Kid A can beat up Kid B at a public park after school, and the school can't punish Kid A because it didn't happen on their property. Schools are only responsible for what happens on their property and during their sponsored events, they are not the police.

- - - Updated - - -

The word it not racist, only the context in which it is used could be racist. Unless you think that every black comedian/artist who says it is a racist too.

A good example is whack, and with out context it has 3 different meanings. Whack is in to hit, whack as in crazy/messed up (ebonics), and whack as in to kill (Italian mafia).

I'm guessing she assumed that there was no way for anyone to capture this particular video.

Today she learned several common sense / tech lessons. She's well on her way to being qualified to run for president, all things considered.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Words. The most dangerous Weapon known to Man.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    It wasn't made on school property and thus it didn't happen in school, easy to tell it was done at a home/apartment. Just like Kid A can beat up Kid B at a public park after school, and the school can't punish Kid A because it didn't happen on their property. Schools are only responsible for what happens on their property and during their sponsored events, they are not the police.

- - - Updated - - -

The word it not racist, only the context in which it is used could be racist. Unless you think that every black comedian/artist who says it is a racist too.

A good example is whack, and with out context it has 3 different meanings. Whack is in to hit, whack as in crazy/messed up (ebonics), and whack as in to kill (Italian mafia).
    I was beginning to think no understood this & that everyone just screams "racist!" (which far too many still do) as soon as you say certain words.

Similarly, I was in shop other day talking to another staff about a mate & mentioned they were an American Jew (it was relevant to what we'd been talking about) & I was instantly "Shushed!" because someone may get offended. Apparently we're just meant to forbid certain words in case someone gets upset over feck all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    You act like there's the least bit of confusion as to whether or not recording yourself saying "nigger" is a sensible thing to do.
    The girl in question is white, so we must bend over backwards to impute a naive innocence to her every action.

12 year old black kid gets murdered by the cops for playing with a toy gun in a public park? He, of course, should have known better.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    people who aren't racist.
    People who are neither the target of, nor affected by, a slur have no business sticking their noses into it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Fair, Perhaps the better way of putting it would have been to say that its racially charged, especially since my overall point was that 'racist' is an act.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it is fucking mind boggling that more than 50 years after the civil rights movement that people are still so casually bigoted and kids no less. Bigotry is learned behavior and if teens are doing things like this it means we are still a long way off from finally burying this kind of bigotry once and for all.
    I have no objection to her being reprimanded for her actions. My problem is that the media seems to think it's newsworthy to waste the public's time with a problem that should be getting handled privately between the parents and authorities (possibly the school, since she was a cheerleader)...AND NO ONE ELSE.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    People who are neither the target of, nor affected by, a slur have no business sticking their noses into it.
    I seriously doubt civil rights of any kind would have made any significant progress if everyone thought like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    I think she secretly prefers them or even her fellow cheerleaders.
    Isn't this just your creepy racist fantasy?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I seriously doubt civil rights of any kind would have made any significant progress if everyone thought like this.
    There's a significant distinction between advocating for civil rights and "white-knighting" random people.

Racists and bigots aren't going to change if their behavior is shrugged off as not a problem. Things like civil rights or GLBT rights didn't happen because those affected by it sat quietly and waited for people to become enlightened on their own and start treating them like the human beings they are.
    I don't think anyone is shrugging it off as not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It's about pointing out racism, not policing it. She said something stupid, and hopefully she'll learn from it. She shouldn't be assaulted, arrested, or have her live ruined... but she should be called out for her racism. That has been done, problem solved. She's a racist bitch, and everyone sees it. Hopefully, she learns from this, and stops being a racist bitch.
    Shaming people for expressing racism is a form of punishment, ergo policing it. It's just more liberal hypocrisy; denouncing race shaming by shaming the race shamers; the intolerance of intolerance. Liberals seem to think they're somehow a different species of human, when they're just despicable as the rest of us.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman31 View Post
    Shaming people for expressing racism is a form of punishment, ergo policing it. It's just more liberal hypocrisy; denouncing race shaming by shaming the race shamers; the intolerance of intolerance. Liberals seem to think they're somehow a different species of human, when they're just despicable as the rest of us.
    You don't have to be a liberal to find racism deplorable.