Poll: What is the best pizza type?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'm torn. I used to be all about thicker crust because, as a kid, I associated thin crust with cheap, store-bought frozen pizza. But as an adult, I love thin and crunchy crusts. I get more toppings per crust. Then again, I'm still a sucker for pizza hut pan pizza and (I know I'll get some hate for this) an even bigger sucker for Dominos pan pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    I never said there aren't. I said that American style pizza, the one with tons of meat and cheese with thick crust, is bad. That's what American style pizza is, a greasy blob of goo. That's what I'm saying is shit. I never once even implied that there weren't US restaurants capable of serving good pizza.

I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule. Exceptions that have high quality ingredients and don't drown their pizza in cheese and grease. But they ARE the exception. A pizza that's mostly dough and grease isn't good.
    There is no such thing as American Pizza. There is NY style that is eaten in the Northeast and the abominations elsewhere. NY Style has a thin crust so I'm guessing you're talking about that crap that Chicago makes that wasn't even created by a Italian immigrant unlike NY-style.

What is American style pizza? There are many American pizzas. The flat and soggy New York style, the super thick deep crust Chicago style, the thin and crispy California style, etc.

Which one are we supposed to vote on?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Look at this post.
    ewww who does that

Prefer Greek pizza.

I prefer thin pizza, though the type they serve in Pizza Hut is also acceptable. Chicago style pizza (th/d)ough... No, just no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

7+ Year Old Account
    You had me at "pizza". Style doesn't matter; I have yet to find a style that I don't like.

They are really totally different dishes at this point. That said, I have no idea what kind of pizza hut makes these days but the majority of American style pizza is thin.

Chicago DEEP dish pizza is the only pizza dish that is remarkably thick. The rest are variants of thin slice pizza; N.Y., St. Louis, Cali, Chicago Cut, Connecticut/New Haven, Deli style, etc.

I prefer American style. The worst pizza I ever had in my life were in Florida and Italy. Though the slice I had in Amsterdam was insulting as well, it was just one slice. Whereas Italy and Florida were outrageously terrible multple times.

Pizza in Arizona, London and Taipei is pretty vile as well.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2017-03-19 at 09:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UtMBepj-m1U/TvEjvN6h2mI/AAAAAAAAB94/R-8dZXf-f4Y/s1600/square_cafeteria_pizza.jpg

That stuff?
    We always got Pizza Boats at my schools.

I don't think I would have ever been excited for pizza day if it looked like yours.

W/e tastes good I'll eat. Some of the best pizza I've had is from an Italian restaurant, their pizzas have seasonings that are visible and tastes amazing. Crust is thin too so I can fill up more on the cheese/toppings instead of bread.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
    NJ/NY makes the best Pizza, really no question about that
    Chicago has the best pizza and the best hotdogs!

Are we talking Sicilian vs. regular?

Italian pizza doesn't look that good to be honest. I'd have to taste it.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Italian pizza doesn't look that good to be honest. I'd have to taste it.
    That pizza looks like they can't afford cheese
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Both, but if I had to choose, it would probably be American style.

Something about a thick, greasy slab of dough, cheese, tomato sauce and pepperoni that really appeals to my American sensibilities

Well its MMO C so I'd have to check my millennial book of liberal lifestyle choices and get back to you on which I must prefer.

Italian crust, American topping. I am not a fan of minimalistic pizza and Italians tend to put too little on pizza.

If by American pizza you mean New York pizza, then American pizza is better.

If by American pizza you mean that cheese and tomato stew served in a bread bowl that Chicagoans insist is pizza despite all evidence and taste to the contrary, then Italian pizza is better.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    That pizza looks like they can't afford cheese
    I've been to Italian restaurant twice, ordering pizza both times. The pizzas were as if they couldn't afford toppings. The crust got 10 points, but toppings were solid F-.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    After googling American Pizza I understood why you call them pies

Fun fact: American Pizza in Italy is a normal pizza (thin) with sliced hot dogs and frency fries on top