Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Netflix's ratings are utter garbage as far as I can see anyway.

Amy Schumer is a good comedian, I haven't seen this show though.
    I love when she says "My vaginaaaaa" a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sit9LIeY4TM

So "My vagina in leather" didn't more stars and she says it's because Alt-Right Trolls.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought some of her clips I saw were funny. So we sat down and watched one of her HBO specials. Then we realized it was mostly just stolen jokes with her own twist.

About a year ago she accused some poor 17 year old aspiring journalist of "slut shaming"

Done with her.

Like 90% of Netflix library is just bad, Amy Schumer's leather special is part of that 90%.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    It was actually proven true by -MDH-'s post last page.
    whatever works for you I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    So, this thing has a one-star rating on Netlfix. Schumer, of course, completely blames it on alt-right trolls maliciously downgrading her for political reasons. My take on it? I've tried to watch this thing twice. The first time I made it nine minutes in, the second time I got to the 16 minute mark. I just plain got bored. It wasn't very funny, the majority of it was all graphic sex humor and I wasn't laughing.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with using sex in standup at all. To this day one of my favorite comedy specials is Robin Williams Live on Broadway and yeah, he used sex a LOT and I loved it. And I realize that humor is subjective - what one person finds hilarious, the next person might find cringey and awful. But there seems to be a common consensus that Schumer's special just wasn't very good. So is this the new thing? If a comedian fails, it's not the comedian's fault, it's the political opposition's fault for calling it bad?
    She is by FAR the least funny comic I have ever encountered. I have no idea how she gets work.

Quote Originally Posted by -MDH- View Post
    omg that is literally taking advantage of a drunk person that is completely wasted and passed out. Feminism boys and girls.Who cares if the boy is passed out? Had sex. Rape is only for man on women.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had no real idea who this person was before this 'leather special' came out, and all the temper tantrums on both sides about it. I knew she was a comedian, but there are hundreds of them at this point, I can't be asked to keep up with them all.

So I gave it a watch. I almost fell asleep. I didn't openly laugh at any of it. Giggled a couple of times. And then the PSA she broke out into about half way through about guns was just icing on the shit cake. George Carlin could get away with his political views on stage because he had a way of making it funny at the same time. This cunt just started prattling on about it like it's what we came here for.

I don't care what party she spreads her legs for, I don't care who she thinks she is or why she thinks she's important. She sucks. Absolutely terrible comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Ironically, it became hip to dislike her kind of comedy because she became so popular.
    Because people really like to listen to a woman compare the smell of her vagina to a barnyard animal. And do shitty sounding voices. And mimic every comedian that came before her? Jokes about sex are funny. But ranting on and on about your genitals is not funny.

Good lord I made it less than 10 minutes in before I shut the thing off. This woman needs to fade into obscurity fast.

This is how you make jokes about sex. Enough said. I miss this guy.
    Last edited by Mister Cheese; 2017-03-20 at 12:21 AM.

To all you Schumer haters, women are funny, get over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    omg that is literally taking advantage of a drunk person that is completely wasted and passed out. Feminism boys and girls.Who cares if the boy is passed out? Had sex. Rape is only for man on women.
    just lol
    /10char

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Nah, you're wrong there. The guy was only crawling on the floor and phasing in and out of consciousness. He was merely sleepy. At least that's that the brilliant people told me in a thread about it.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-03-20 at 01:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    This is how you make jokes about sex. Enough said. I miss this guy.
    Robin Williams was the best. Miss him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    To all you Schumer haters, women are funny, get over it.
    But not all women on comedy level funny. Schumer falls into that category.

10+ Year Old Account
    she should have blamed it on her looking like chucky and rosanne did the fusion dance

She can be funny when she isnt political, her material since Trump got elected is just stale IMO. Its a problem a lot of left wing comics are having, everything is so Generic because they feel like they have to talk about Trump

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I saw the one star on Netflix. I'm even more interested in watching it now. She's either funny in spite of the rating or she really crashed and burned that hard and if so it'll be worth watching her try to pull off stuff that wasn't actually stolen.

I like her TV show. She has some very funny skits on there. She was by far the funniest in the "Women who kill" show I watched on Netflix. But man the Leather Special is pretty bad. I laughed twice and then when she was talking about guns I didn't laugh, but chuckled a bit on the inside knowing how right-wingers are sheep. Her material is old and tired. How many woman comedians do the "I'm such a slut", "I can't get anymore STDs because I have them all", "I had cum in a funny spot", etc, etc, etc jokes. Comedy is very subjective, but unless you've never seen a woman comedian do the slutty whore routine before, and it still has some shock value, you likely won't find the Leather Special very funny. I gave it One star ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Watch her Twelve Angry Men episode of her show instead or so many other ones are so much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    And if you saw her perform 6 months before the special she looked like she does in this one. I know because I took my sister to see her. Like many performers she lost weight when she was going to be filmed.
    Then damn, she let herself go quite a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    For people who didn't watched her performance (and have no intention to), can someone just throw couple of jokes here? Just to see what kind of humor you are talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I'm not really into standup, but I watched some of Amy Schumer's older stuff at a friend's house awhile back and it was mediocre at best. I'm not sure why she'd be worried about her netflix ratings anyway; for the most part people know who she is and aren't making a decision of whether or not to watch her special based on netflix ratings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AbortedGodFetus View Post
    I saw the one star on Netflix. I'm even more interested in watching it now. She's either funny in spite of the rating or she really crashed and burned that hard and if so it'll be worth watching her try to pull off stuff that wasn't actually stolen.
    Is she alleged to have stolen jokes? I hadn't heard that. If so, she should've stolen funnier ones.