Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moratori View Post

Far better with.
    Why do so many asians insist on wearing colored contacts? Be happy with your natural eyecolour.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Yes, men and women can both be very self conscious about their looks. However, when you say it's a self esteem issue, you're saying that the primary reason to wear makeup is because you don't feel good enough about yourself to go without, or because you feel better about yourself with it. When I say it's prevalent, what I mean is that there are people who will react negatively to you if you are a woman and don't wear makeup. Being unable to deal with that could indicate a lack of self-esteem, but you could just as easily be able but unwilling to put up with it, or even desire to make use of the positive reactions.

There are also people who like the appearance it creates. For a long time, I used gel in my hair because I enjoyed the appearance; I gave it up because I got tired of dealing with the product on a regular basis, and I decided I didn't like the effect more than I disliked the hassle, but it was never about self-esteem any more than wearing clothing I like is a matter of self-esteem.

To phrase all of that a bit more succinctly: you can care about how you look and choose to do things to improve that without it being indicative of poor self-esteem.
    Yeah. Mostly other women.

Men prefer natural looks.

Far better with.
    A touch here and there is fine.

But you have to realize that the young man you may end up with will have to see "you" au naturel.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Do girls who don't wear makeup have more self confidence than girls who feel the need to hide behind gallons of makeup on their faces? I think girls are way more attractive when they don't wear makeup.
    It's just personal style. Nothing more, nothing less. Some like to wear a lot, some don't.

If I'm going to throw my hat in the ring for a preference, I'm saving mine for yoga pants.

I'm not going to make a judgment call about that, because I don't have the insight in the mind of a woman. What I can say, is that I prefer girls with little to no makeup. To my mind, they appear more authentic. But to each his own, some like them thick as facade wall, others as crystal clear as a mountain lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    A touch here and there is fine.

But you have to realize that the young man you may end up with will have to see "you" au naturel.
    Well, yeah, I know that they will. I don't use it for them though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Makeup is awesome FYI. You can do some really amazing things with it. It's not for hiding.

Also: the average man's idea of a "woman without makeup" is actually a woman with a good bit of makeup.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post

All the studies I've seen (I don't have links to any off-hand) indicate that most men say they prefer natural, but when present with various appearances tend to select the one that has the most natural-looking makeup, as opposed to the one that's without makeup.

(I actually do prefer zero makeup myself, just pointing out that it's difficult to generalize, particularly because what people say they prefer doesn't always match up to what they prefer.)

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    All the studies I've seen (I don't have links to any off-hand) indicate that most men say they prefer natural, but when present with various appearances tend to select the one that has the most natural-looking makeup, as opposed to the one that's without makeup.

(I actually do prefer zero makeup myself, just pointing out that it's difficult to generalize, particularly because what people say they prefer doesn't always match up to what they prefer.)
    Natural looking makeup is still less makeup than full face makeup.

15+ Year Old Account
    Makeup makes you look sexy. Without it you look cute. Usually.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

I'd react more negatively to a woman that's extremely opposed to makeup as a whole and thinks all people who use it have self-esteem issues than an ordinary girl who likes to put on makeup once in a while to look fancy and feel extra pretty. You know, like the vast majority of girls I'd say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im iffy on makeup. Its a lot of work that I cant be bothered with half the time. Maaybe base to cover up acne and some lipstick for some color but thats it.

Although I was makeup free for my first date with my bf. Things seem to have went fine

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I have no idea. I do know, however, that I don't wear makeup for anyone but myself. Makeup is fun. Y'all are just jelly.
    Yep. They are. What amazes me is that some women not only decide they don't want to wear makeup, oh no that's not good enough; they have to bash women who freely want to wear makeup. And they imply, rather insultingly, that these women are somehow not "evolved" or "free" or some BS.

Screw these people. Wear make up if you want. And wear it for whoever you want. Wear it for yourself, your loved ones, because it's fun, because it's entertaining, because you feel better, do it for whatever F'n reason you want and ignore the trolls. And of course if you don't feel like wearing it, go for it as well. No one, including other women, have any say whatsoever in what you wear. These people are absolutely the truly insecure ones. Confident people don't concern themselves with what others are doing so much.

So wear it proudly! And enjoy the jealousy!

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    I'd react more negatively to a woman that's extremely opposed to makeup as a whole and thinks all people who use it have self-esteem issues than an ordinary girl who likes to put on makeup once in a while to look fancy and feel extra pretty. You know, like the vast majority of girls I'd say.
    I've never met a woman that only uses make-up on special occasions.

Make up doesn't make you pretty. It's the equivalent of shoving a cucumber in your pants.

You basically admit you lack confidence so much that you'd rather hide your imperfections.

I've never met a woman that only uses make-up on special occasions.

Make up doesn't make you pretty. It's the equivalent of shoving a cucumber in your pants.

You basically admit you lack confidence so much that you'd rather hide your imperfections.

I didn't say special occasions, I said once in a while, that is, not religiously every day any time any person will see you. THAT's a self-esteem issue.

And well...beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But "beauty" is often associated with people that wear quite alot of makeup. And it's hardly anything remotely similar to..shoving cucumbers into ones pants, people do that?

Also, while powder and foundation type makeup is often used to hide imperfections as you say, the most popular makeup has to be mascara and eyeliner type things, which don't really hide anything, but rather accentuate the eyes somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    I didn't say special occasions, I said once in a while, that is, not religiously every day any time any person will see you. THAT's a self-esteem issue.

And well...beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But "beauty" is often associated with people that wear quite alot of makeup. And it's hardly anything remotely similar to..shoving cucumbers into ones pants, people do that?

Also, while powder and foundation type makeup is often used to hide imperfections as you say, the most popular makeup has to be mascara and eyeliner type things, which don't really hide anything, but rather accentuate the eyes somehow.
    Both are enhancing your looks through a lie?

And no, foundation is definitely the most popular. I've never seen a chick with mascara and no foundation.

Other way around, plenty.

7+ Year Old Account
    http://i.imgur.com/EiMCKSW.jpg

Far better with.
    I think you nice in both pictures, but really all that matters is what you think.

Some men prefer natural looks on some women. I would pretty disappointed to wake up to Kesha with no makeup after only seeing her with makeup.

Make up doesn't make you pretty.
    Makeup accentuates beauty and in many cases, makes someone that's "meh" look good.

It's the equivalent of shoving a cucumber in your pants.
    No, it's not. That's like saying driving a car that's painted is the equivalent of welding a Ferrari's body onto a Ford Pinto. Now breast implants are the equivalent of a cucumber in your pants.

This is merely conjecture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    I like chicks who give a shit how they look.
    i dont

they're way too high maintenance and probably give worse brain than my hand

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    We all (men and women) try to mask imperfections in one way or another. We colour our hair to hid graying, or just because we don't like our natural colour. We wear certain styles of clothing that hid problem areas or ones that accentuate others. We wear scented products (perfume, cologne, etc) to make us smell different/better. We get haircuts that best suite out face.

I mean, you can go on and with both sexes enhancing how they look.
    i think hes projecting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Far better with.
    well i can't say either is unnatractive but idk. i just get this very unpleasant vibe about women who wear too much makeup. I mean, maybe from a really young age I was exposed to Kristin Kreuk's vibrant visage and that is why I do not like a lot of makeup but I'd rather just see a girl in her hair down mode so that it's a really big surprise when she gets ready for a special occasion or something.