Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

How does Unholy look like for 7.2?

I'm just wondering how does Unholy look like for 7.2? Any improvements to them other than the new models/animations? Stuck deciding between my fury warrior or my unholy dk.

fury warrior rofl.

If all you care about is looking good on damage meters while having a smooth and consistent rotation, along with superior mobility and utility, then stick with your Fury warrior. If you want to look all dark and edgy and cool summoning your hordes of undead minions that spend half their summoned time not even attacking anything, while the sheer volume of RNG in your rotation cripples your chances of excelling because of skill instead of lucky procs, then by all means stick with Unholy.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman31 View Post
    If all you care about is looking good on damage meters while having a smooth and consistent rotation, along with superior mobility and utility, then stick with your Fury warrior. If you want to look all dark and edgy and cool summoning your hordes of undead minions that spend half their summoned time not even attacking anything, while the sheer volume of RNG in your rotation cripples your chances of excelling because of skill instead of lucky procs, then by all means stick with Unholy.
    such bitterness...

anyway no atm unholy has taken only good models and animation (death coil is really badass now)..if you mean buff etc no..

I have zero faith in Blizz' ability to tune and manage UH as a spec. The problems with the spec and its rotation are clear, the solutions are frankly pretty obvious because you can deduce them logically (i.e. death coil spam feels stupid, therefore it should have RP cost and damage increased and its attending procs re-tuned). Despite this, blizzard has just stuck some stupid bandaids onto the class like the T19 4 piece, instead of actually addressing the problem, i.e. another deduction - wound application and use is clunky because it's old school combo points, so festering wounds should be removed and the effect should be handled through proc flareups of disease.

Combined with our trash mobility, minor utility, and mediocre performance throughout the xpac, as much as I like the style of the spec, I'm jumping ship in 7.2. I strongly suggest anyone that wants to excel do the same. Sure you can play UH and do well (I'm the no. 1 melee dps in my mediocre heroic raiding guild), but you have to put in more time, get better gear, etc. etc. And frankly the reason my UH is so well-geared for the content that I do is that I am a beast m+ tank, NOT because of being a strong DPS class.

Being a tryhard gets old. I could fix UH in a 15 minute meeting with the dev team, but somehow Blizz can't pull this off.

My Guild told me to drop my Frost spec and go Unholy to greatly increase my DPS damage. In Raids as Frost I am doing ok dps, and that's all maxed 34 traits filled, and weapon at 899. I switch to Unholy with zero relics, and only 4 traits filled, and almost doing the same dps as that Frost build.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    My Guild told me to drop my Frost spec and go Unholy to greatly increase my DPS damage. In Raids as Frost I am doing ok dps, and that's all maxed 34 traits filled, and weapon at 899. I switch to Unholy with zero relics, and only 4 traits filled, and almost doing the same dps as that Frost build.
    That is a performance problem on your end then, friendo. Frost is miles ahead of Unholy right now sadly.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

Quote Originally Posted by Rixark View Post
    That is a performance problem on your end then, friendo. Frost is miles ahead of Unholy right now sadly.
    Come on dude, that was a blatant troll post

Deleted
    Sounds legit.

I don't know how my Guild mate theory crafted me saying I was so low while in Frost. Because when I am out doing a WQ and going after one of the bigger guys with like 5k health, and you see the floating combat text damage go off over your character, some of my whacks in Frost I see in the 450,000 numbers, some just in the 250,000, a lot in the 375,000 +. So how he says I am only doing an average of 200k damage is a head scratcher.

And then had me go into Unholy spec, with zero relics, and only 5 traits out of 34 filled, and said my UH spec was testing out at 175,000 damage. I am surprised to see that, as in Unholy I was almost like a fresh 110, and how could he have been so close to my Frost he theory craft tested ?

And sort of off topic, but play styles between both specs;

- Frost = Warp speed fast attacks, always spells ready to go and just whack away, and destroy your enemy FAST. But for some reason i am not doing a ton of damage?
    - Unholy = Feels a little clunky, and does not seem like I am doing a ton of damage, the floating combat text over my head, I see numbers in the 125,000 range, but my Guild says my Pet makes up the difference, as does the summoned bat. And in Unholy I seem to be waiting for spells to cd a lot more than when in Frost.

I don't know how my Guild mate theory crafted me saying I was so low while in Frost. Because when I am out doing a WQ and going after one of the bigger guys with like 5k health, and you see the floating combat text damage go off over your character, some of my whacks in Frost I see in the 450,000 numbers, some just in the 250,000, a lot in the 375,000 +. So how he says I am only doing an average of 200k damage is a head scratcher.

And then had me go into Unholy spec, with zero relics, and only 5 traits out of 34 filled, and said my UH spec was testing out at 175,000 damage. I am surprised to see that, as in Unholy I was almost like a fresh 110, and how could he have been so close to my Frost he theory craft tested ?

- Frost = Warp speed fast attacks, always spells ready to go and just whack away, and destroy your enemy FAST. But for some reason i am not doing a ton of damage?
    - Unholy = Feels a little clunky, and does not seem like I am doing a ton of damage, the floating combat text over my head, I see numbers in the 125,000 range, but my Guild says my Pet makes up the difference, as does the summoned bat. And in Unholy I seem to be waiting for spells to cd a lot more than when in Frost.
    Gosh, Donald from DarkLegacy comics, he exists!

Quote Originally Posted by Amalkatrazz View Post
    That was a very helpful and informative reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman31 View Post
    I'm not in the competitive raiding scene and enjoy playing Unholy but this was 10/10 XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amalkatrazz View Post
    I lol'd, well played.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Deleted
    As a gamer who loves both Frost and UH(and with extensive experience on both):

UH will beat Frost. Looking from set bonus perspective and legendary bonuses that is and the potential.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-03-23 at 12:31 PM.

Deleted
    Another quality post by strifeload.

I'm not a core raider, but I go to the alt raids as Unholy DK with similarly geared players ~890s and I'm always at least in the top 3. Usually 1-2. Now I know there are core raider DKs who are doing insane DPS in the main raid, and both of them are breath spec Frost, but I genuinely wonder how I would hold up against them with equal gear and 2 spec-specific legendaries.

I think honestly, even if I'm slightly behind, I'd still be close enough where I would still play Unholy because it's more fun to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixark View Post
    Overpowered helmet and the synergy with the T19 set bonuses.
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2017-03-23 at 01:49 PM.

I got a feeling you're trolling.. Or playing MG Frost.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore