Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    I do LFR for transmog colors. I had a run where I got Two pieces of tier, and 4 other DHs whispered me every time. Someone called me out in raid because I have heroic tier, and I said I was only here for the transmog color. I got kicked a few minutes later. Welcome to LFR.

I just don't loot now, and check my mail later.
    This happened to me already in LFR Nighthold.

I got a belt that I wasn't going to wear, but I've been trying to get the transmog since EN, and a guy whispered me for it, didn't like it when I said I wanted it for transmog, whispered me pissed off so I ignored him, then him and his buddies started a vote kick that of course passed because everyone just clicks to kick without knowing the story.

If people are going to beg for gear, have the decency to do it in a whisper and stfu when you're told no.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    "I don't want to have to listen to people ask for loot." is what he basically asked in his post.
    But like I said, you're asserting your own hypothesis and acting as if that is the belief of OP. OP said literally "I hate being in pugs and having these entitled swines demand I give them a piece of gear that I LOOTED PERSONALLY.". You associating that with "people" is your own interpretation and cannot be asserted as the claims of the OP. He at no point said anything about not wanting to listen to all people that ask for loot. You claiming that it's what he "basically asked" is only reinforcing that it's your own imagination.

That is what I have issue with. People are replacing the OP with their own interpretation that are clearly grounded in nothing but bias and using that as the foundation to call him names. I see no logic in calling OP a prick if your rationale is something you came up with. That's nonsense.

Preventing good mannered players from being good mannered
    If one is presented with the option to hide personal loot as the OP suggested, I do not see how this is relevant. Those who are fine dealing with the more negative side of having their drops announced can continue to act as they have in the past. I can see a scenario where a player would wish to not have to deal with negative players and I see the solution OP offered as one that can take those players into consideration without impeding others. I see no fault in this. I see the words being used to insult OP being based in conjecture that is not supported by what the OP said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentsatellite View Post

I got a belt that I wasn't going to wear, but I've been trying to get the transmog since EN, and a guy whispered me for it, didn't like it when I said I wanted it for transmog, whispered me pissed off so I ignored him, then him and his buddies started a vote kick that of course passed because everyone just clicks to kick without knowing the story.

If people are going to beg for gear, have the decency to do it in a whisper and stfu when you're told no.
    That's a perfectly acceptable situation to warrant the option to turn off loot announcements. Regardless of whether the situation happened or not (not personally claiming it's false only that one could make the accusation) this is not an impossible situation and it's one where the person being kicked is not acting like a "prick", "asshole" or "fuckin douche" from what I can see.

I do not see why people are so immediately dismissive of this thread when situations like this are within the realm of reason. Some posters seem so narrow minded and stuck in their biases that they can't even attempt to think outside of what their preconceptions tell them is the case. Just because one situation depicts one person as the good guy and one as the bad guy does not mean that such an outcome is standard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Honestly i just started gearing up my hunter and ended up whispering a couple people in hope i could boost my ilvl with gear they maybe didn't need but im also not bieng an asshole in the process. If you don't actually need the gear in the first place, why are you doing lfr? So you can come on the forums and complain about people hoping to get some gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Holywraths View Post
    Honestly i just started gearing up my hunter and ended up whispering a couple people in hope i could boost my ilvl with gear they maybe didn't need but im also not bieng an asshole in the process. If you don't actually need the gear in the first place, why are you doing lfr? So you can come on the forums and complain about people hoping to get some gear?
    What about all the people that are "being an asshole in the process"? What about looking for a better method to not have to deal with them is problematic? As for the concerns of why someone wants to run LFR, setting a side that nothing was said about not needing all gear, it's not like your reason for doing something is any more valid than anyone else's. If he felt some sort of sexual fulfillment from joining an LFR run, that's just as valid as joining for gear. I'm not sure what your expectation is from asking a question like that.
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Holywraths View Post
    Because LFR also has a chance to drop legendaries?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    Do you also take the gold you got as a result of the raid and invest it in buying upgrades for the other members? If not, it seems you fall under "The lone entitled jerk". Why, as long as you are well mannered about it, are you incapable of keeping what was given to you without being perceived as an asshole? Not only is your rationale hypocritical in that you benefit in plenty of ways from the contribution of others while still keeping some of the benefits for your self, but the notion overall that one should never keep a benefit for themselves is nonsense.
    Did you hit your head hard before you proceeded to type that garbage out?
    You're making an analogy out of me getting gold from said activity and putting it in the same light as the loot drama and calling me a hypocrite because you feel I still benefit in some way from it all in general?
    If there's anything i benefit from, it's from the satisfaction that the useless shit i get after a boss kill wasn't so useless after all in that it helped someone else. If that is the base on which you call me a hypocrite, by all means, be my guest.
    If you were smart enough you'd realize the point I was getting across had nothing to do with how the loot was handled and instead everything to do with the attitudes and mindset of the parties involved in the scenarios.
    Yes of course you have 101% the right to keep the loot you got off a boss. And if someone approaches you for it, you can turn them down citing a reason or just a simple "yes i need it". However, it would be naive of you to assume the OP decides to keep loot for himself because he has need of it. His post suggests him being annoyed by the nerve of somebody to approach him and ask him about the loot in general.
    My post was a jab at the OP's attitude. However your misunderstanding of it and the attack on my character is highly amusing. Keep it coming.

Quote Originally Posted by sykretts View Post
    Did you hit your head hard before you proceeded to type that garbage out?
    You're making an analogy out of me getting gold from said activity and putting it in the same light as the loot drama and calling me a hypocrite because you feel I still benefit in some way from it all in general?
    If there's anything i benefit from, it's from the satisfaction that the useless shit i get after a boss kill wasn't so useless after all in that it helped someone else. If that is the base on which you call me a hypocrite, by all means, be my guest.
    If you were smart enough you'd realize the point I was getting across had nothing to do with how the loot was handled and instead everything to do with the attitudes and mindset of the parties involved in the scenarios.
    Yes of course you have 101% the right to keep the loot you got off a boss. And if someone approaches you for it, you can turn them down citing a reason or just a simple "yes i need it". However, it would be naive of you to assume the OP decides to keep loot for himself because he has need of it. His post suggests him being annoyed by the nerve of somebody to approach him and ask him about the loot in general.
    My post was a jab at the OP's attitude. However your misunderstanding of it and the attack on my character is highly amusing. Keep it coming.
    You associated said attitude and mindset with an action. The attitude of the OP is not made clear, it is assumed based on his actions just as your labeling of one as a "lone entitled jerk" was made off the actions they took. For you to draw that conclusion, you associate withholding gear with that mindset. You further rationalized it as "the only one who put in the effort in a group activity and hence by law therefore are the only ones entitled for said piece of loot.". As I made clear in my post, that line of thinking extends beyond gear, and into gold, trivial drops, and beyond. If you draw association between being a jerk and withholding gear under the rationalization that doing so implies one thinks they are the only one putting in effort. Than the same goes for any reward from group work.

If you still can't follow along with that, let me make it as simple as I can. Your post word for word claimed "1 of 2 types of people are going to receive whispers from above mentioned categories of PuG members". One of these two types was the one who gives away loot. The other of the two, was the one who keeps loot for themselves. You your self said that these are the only two types of people that exist. That means that everyone who withholds loot is a "lone entitled jerk".
    Enjoy.

Just say "i just gave it to someone"
    no one ever asks after that

Then give me one other reason than "I don't want people to see the loot that drops for me" as a reason to implement this. Because that IS what the OP is asking for, in the very title of this thread "Wish Blizzard added a "Hide my Personal Loot Drops"".
    "I don't want people to see the loot that drops for me" and "I don't want to give anyone my loot" do not carry the same meaning. Your argument is based on this incorrect assumption and it is your own fault if you cannot see the difference. I made quite clear in the post you replied to that he could wish to avoid negative interaction regardless of his willingness to give loot to certain people.

Why would anyone WANT others to see what drops for them? What is the benefit to having people able to see what drops for you? (Hint: There is none, so everyone would just play without showing others what drops.
    I'm not sure why you're asking that when I offered a valid answer in the post you're replying to. If someone both wishes to share loot and can handle all the bad mannered people that interact with them in regards to loot. They can continue to play the game as they do today.

As for your second point, you have little ground to determine what is to be considered a more or less valid use of an item. Therefore the question is how he handles the situation and as I have said several times, you are only making assumptions on this matter. As for your third point, that makes no sense as "no one sees other people's drops" has no relevance to a feature that can be toggle on or off.

If you're still confused, feel free to point to what you think does not make sense. Please read and digest posts before replying to them as much of what I posted just now is merely restating or re directing you back to my last post. Some of what you posted is, subjective reasoning a side, exactly what I answered before. Word for word.
    Last edited by Dequanacus; 2017-03-20 at 01:23 AM.
    Enjoy.

15+ Year Old Account
    oh no, human interaction, people are TALKING to me, i cant deal with this ;___;

Try to be an adult, it works. Tell em either: yes have it, no i need this myself.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    oh no, human interaction, people are TALKING to me, i cant deal with this ;___;

Try to be an adult, it works. Tell em either: yes have it, no i need this myself.
    how would you handle situations such as

Enjoy.

*cry*
    I don't know how to handle social situations in a game specifically designed around cooperation with other players! I want blizzard to put systems in to protect me from people who speak to me about things they have no control over!

Ugh. This is even worse than the people who want an "invisible" mode for their real ID because they are incapable of saying no or telling the truth and want to continue hiding behind lying to people to get out of speaking to them. Absolutely pathetic.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    *cry*
    I don't know how to handle social situations in a game specifically designed around cooperation with other players! I want blizzard to put systems in to protect me from people who speak to me about things they have no control over!

Ugh. This is even worse than the people who want an "invisible" mode for their real ID because they are incapable of saying no or telling the truth and want to continue hiding behind lying to people to get out of speaking to them. Absolutely pathetic.
    How do situations such as this one play into it?

Enjoy.

You are whats killing the community. I hate people like you. Ofc you give items you dont need jesus. Link item im chat and roll see easy. I bet youre one of thoose who dont even help people out. My normal nh save i help guilds struggling by tanking for them thats something you should do if you have the gear.

Yes, they do actually, considering the OP's argument is "I don't want others to ask me for loot that drops from the boss."

Which, before you say that's not what he said, why else would he complain about someone 'feeling entitled to the loot he personally looted' if they didn't ask for it? Context is important, people.
    I've explained to you where I see the difference and you still have not argued it. I'm not sure if you don't realize that or you think you've argued it but if you feel my explanation is invalid, make that known.

Which he already has the actual ability to do: Ignore and move on.
    At least acknowledges my point but fails to argue it. He is seeking a better solution than merely ignoring it. How much better of a solution his proposal is separate however from acknowledging that not wanting to give anyone loot and not wanting anyone to see the loot are two separate concepts. Again, I have explained how they are separate and you have yet to acknowledge that interpretation and explain away its proposed validity.

This time let's answer the question. "What is the benefit to having people able to see what drops for you?"

"You can play like today" isn't a benefit. "You want to share loot" isn't a benefit. What is the BENEFIT?
    I'm sorry. I guess I assumed it was obvious. People won't know to ask you for an item if they don't know you got the item. Having it tell everyone when you loot it speeds up the process of giving it to another player.

I never talked about what a valid use of an item was
    That was a misinterpretation on my part and I apologize. However, that means you're arguing semantics. "I don't want to give away my item" might not be the most pleasant way of expressing ones feelings, but to instead assert that he needed the item only invites the kind of ideals I accused you of supporting, that wishing to hold on to an item for reasons beyond ilvl is somehow unworthy.

I don't know where you're getting first, second or third points from.
    You literally refer to sections of your post with "first" "second" and "third" and separate them spatially. Those ideas each approach different issues and I'm unsure what you mean when you say the third has no relevance when, quoted directly from your post, you say "Third, what would the point of having loot be tradeable be if no one sees other people's drops? Instead of insisting he's a good person, OP should just suggest a "I don't want my loot tradeable" option. That way, when people whisper him he has an excuse "I have my loot set to non-tradeable, sorry." Same thing is accomplished, people can't ask him for his loot.". I quoted that directly in responding to it so I can't comprehend how you assert that my response to what you labelled "third" is irrelevant when I quote your post in it.

Again, the majority of my post is re clarifying or re directing you back to my earlier posts (and your own posts). This is tiresome. Clarification doesn't progress the conversation very far

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    You are whats killing the community. I hate people like you. Ofc you give items you dont need jesus. Link item im chat and roll see easy. I bet youre one of thoose who dont even help people out. My normal nh save i help guilds struggling by tanking for them thats something you should do if you have the gear.
    Assumptions will only get you so far. I'm not sure why you speak on your own 'heroics' in the same breath that you dismiss others based on your own preconceptions. You don't sound like as good of a person as you seem to be trying to depict your self as.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Well, just say "no" if you want it for your self.

I don't get why people get angry at this shit, I do it my self when playing on alts, it is a fast way to gear up, and luckely there isn't that many entitled douchebags like you, OP, in this game.

i was in a nm bug on my ret badger me coz i wouldn't trade him a neck that 1 won just because im currently using the legendary one, i will need a spare at somepoint

Quote Originally Posted by Sushu View Post
    they need to remove LFR. If wow still had a sense of community you'd gladly give that gear away when you dont need it.
    As he said... transmog and disenchanting are a thing and just as good of a reason to want to keep an item as giving it to someone to use for 5 mins till a better drop comes along.

In vanilla some people would roll need to take blue items they were not going to equip (for disenchanting). Guess the game has never had a communuity, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    I'm using this addon called Personal Loot Helper. It informs me if the item that dropped is an upgrade for anyone in the raid. If so I pick the person with lowest ilvl and just trade it to them.

Making people happy is a very nice experience at costs nothing.

I pity you OP. You must be a sad person.
    i hate this addon with avengeance it only encourages begging and only takes into account ilvl
    getting ppl wsipering me asking for a item they cant use coz PLH says its a a upgrade that addon can go to fuck

You have not explained the difference. "There is a difference" is not explaining a difference.
    But like I said, you're asserting your own hypothesis and acting as if that is the belief of OP. OP said literally "I hate being in pugs and having these entitled swines demand I give them a piece of gear that I LOOTED PERSONALLY.". You associating that with "people" is your own interpretation and cannot be asserted as the claims of the OP. He at no point said anything about not wanting to listen to all people that ask for loot. You claiming that it's what he "basically asked" is only reinforcing that it's your own imagination.
    I made quite clear in the post you replied to that he could wish to avoid negative interaction regardless of his willingness to give loot to certain people.
    That states exactly why it is not "I don't want others to ask me for loot that drops from the boss." and it is something I have repeated to you in every post without you arguing it. I'm genuinely baffled as to how you're not able to find something I keep referring you back to (as you indicated by saying " "There is a difference" is not explaining a difference."

Like I said, I can't keep repeating myself. My prior posts indicate my feelings and I do not see them having been challenged. If you feel otherwise, feel free to argue them further. Reposting them over and over again only clogs up the thread. I think me having to point you right back to my first and second posts in reply to you indicates quite clearly that this is getting nowhere. The very first thing I said to you has still not gotten through to you regardless of repeated referral back to it. This will be my last post referring you back to my earlier ones.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i was in a nm bug on my ret badger me coz i wouldn't trade him a neck that 1 won just because im currently using the legendary one, i will need a spare at somepoint
    Can you even trade in this situation? I'd swear I couldn't trade some item when my only other item for that slot was a legendary. Could be wrong though.