Deleted
    Good game, woulda been better if they had scored like crazy. Attacking football, kung-fu, bad ref calls. Good game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best result for us at least.

Yeah, that game shoulda had far more goals, for Spurs though I guess it was the perfect result.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Yeah, that game shoulda had far more goals, for Spurs though I guess it was the perfect result.
    Good for United too. I can smell 4th...

just read that Liverpool has 20 points vs the top 6 and just 19 points vs the bottom 6

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Good for United too. I can smell 4th...
    Would be nice but 3rd isn't out of reach either, nor is 2nd.

Sadly, first is a long way off.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post

Would be nice indeed, but one step at a time!

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post

Mourinho's second season is usually when he wins a title.

I'm not sure he can this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    To distract a bit from all the PL rabble...

This weekend on the Portuguese League, there was a minor bottleing incident.

Benfica (the leader) and Porto (2nd place) were apart by two points. Benfica played first and drawed, giving Porto the chance to surpass them by one point if they'd won. Porto just played an at home game and drawed as well.

This is important because after the international break, these two teams are facing off.

I think 3rd is possible. I don't put much faith in City and I think we will finish above them, as for Liverpool it's weird because they have glimpses of brilliance but then they choke randomly. Chelsea are too solid this season and Spurs are looking very good at the moment, but 3rd, 4th or 5th doesn't really matter that much IF we get the Europa League and the CL spot. I guess for some it's prestige but everyone except the winner is a loser anyways.

Mourinho can definitely win the title next year. Chelsea are gonna be occupied with CL as well and they won't walk the league like they did this year. Let's be honest here, Chelsea have been solid this year but not having those extra week games is a nice boost to make the league smoother with less strain on players and less injuries. I think especially with the pattern in the league over the last few years is that the same club rarely wins back-to-back titles because it's much harder to motivate the players the second time around. Not since 07/08 & 08/09 has the same team won the league two years in a row. While I think Chelsea could go on to have a strong CL run and maybe get to a semi final next year, I think teams like Man United, Liverpool or Spurs (heck maybe even Arsenal with a new manager) will be a lot hungrier and it's arguably harder to be the defender of the title than being the teams chasing.

We'll see, but there's gonna be a crazy transfer summer as usual (unless you're an Arsenal fan and there will be the regular 19 year old from Luton and a 11 year old from Nigeria) and I think Man United have proven that they are A) crazy enough, and B) willing enough, to put loads of money into Mourinho's hands, so ruling out MU contending for the title next year seems silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Barca is gonna bottle another game. Fucking typical suarez

Deleted
    Fucking PSG.

Alves is going to have to stand on his head this second half for Valencia if they want a result

Edit: err, nevermind

Can't believe Porto didn't win...it's the same thing every year. When not the referees Benfica always have the lucky star on their side too. Last year Sporting drew too in Guimarães before playing Benfica. Not sure this brake for NTs will be good for Porto. I think Porto had more chances if they played Benfica right away on the next weekend.

10+ Year Old Account
    #AculpaédoBenfica

Bayern got a win today, 1-0 away to Gladbach and are now 13 points clear. Pretty solid performance with a lot of chances but it was those small details that made the difference, could have been 0-5. Maybe a little bit of panic in the end but that's how it usually is.

Martinez has to be one of the most underrated players in the world. He has been brilliant for Bayern this season, played almost every game and he is so good at the ball aswell but he doesn't get enough praise, and that is most likely because he is spanish and not playing for Barca or Real.

Thiago working his magic again and putting in a very good defensive display with a lot of good tackles and interceptions. I would say that if Real wants go through they will have to lock him down, can't let him having a good day.

Robben having quite the reaction when getting substituted today and the teammates had a laugh about it, go and take look if you have nothing better to do ^^

Apparently a lot of reports circulating now that Wenger will stay. Not sure of the validity but if there's any truth to that, RIP arsenal

Deleted
    Ofcourse he'll stay, he's never gonna leave until he's ousted by the board. And the board only cares about getting people into the stadium, so long as they still turn a profit, they don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    #aborraedobenfica
    Fixed that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Apparently a lot of reports circulating now that Wenger will stay. Not sure of the validity but if there's any truth to that, RIP arsenal