Page 57 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Is that the only thing you would ever apologize for? You have never once in your life apologized for something you believe you didn't do?
    I knew a person once who would freak out because you let boys know the address of a house you went to pick someone up at because her long dead mother had a weird rule about boys in the house.

The problem is, what is a reasonable standard? I.E. Is it objectively offensive? And who decides that? The crowd that believes "Everything is Sexist. Everything is Racist. Everything is Homophobic." Via Anita Sarkeesian or a real normal well adjusted person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's not "I beat my wife for looking at me" sexist, but making a sexist joke isn't "okay" just because you're trying to be funny.
    why isn't it okay? Who is hurt by this? What harm does it do? And don't try that "it demeans all women" bullshit, it only demeans all women if you think the implication that they never shut up is true in which case you're the sexist, not him.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I knew a person once who would freak out because you let boys know the address of a house you went to pick someone up at because her long dead mother had a weird rule about boys in the house.

The problem is, what is a reasonable standard? I.E. Is it objectively offensive? And who decides that? The crowd that believes "Everything is Sexist. Everything is Racist. Everything is Homophobic." Via Anita Sarkeesian or a real normal well adjusted person.

I guess that is up to each individual to decide on their own. At which point the results of said actions are again 100% their own responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Madshot789 View Post
    The joke here is that he posted this tweet on international women's day, the joke works in two ways.

A) It subverts expectations of what you expect someone to tweet on that day.
    B) It makes fun of real people who REALLY hold beliefs like this and turns them into a joke.
    Can I get an amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    It was a joke. He's about as sexist from saying this as Pewdiepie is a nazi.
    Still was a bit sexist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I would still say without firearms they would massacre them.
    the extreme right would just shoot themselves in order to spare themselves the constant bitching of the extreme left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Release View Post
    This isn't true, I work in a profession where I need to be extremely careful on what I put on facebook because it's implicit I represent my profession at all times including outside of working hours. I personally feel it's a little draconian at times but I understand if your a jewish patient and your seeing someone in the medical field who posts Nazi propaganda on their facebook page it might make you more than a little uncomfortable. It's a grey area I can see from both sides.
    Being part Jewish, it wouldnt bother me at all. Now if he came into the office wearing a SS uniform, that is a different matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    The world would also keep turning if people weren't so eager to martyr themselves.
    People martyring themselves is pretty clearly a symptom of the social media outrage circus, and I'm a treat the disease not just the symptoms kind of guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Tell that to the dude from OP, and/or the trillion other examples of people fired for being insufficiently appropriate outside of work.
    That's what happens when you let Liberal Arts majors run HR.

Next time I see a parent post something along the lines of "school has started, finally some peace and quiet", I'll be sure to rage on social media about how hateful that is towards our youth. Completely unacceptable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    If you really want to nitpick about it, them telling you to stop trolling is not calling you a troll.

It's applicable to any ideology that becomes overbearing.

I mean, if you're taking issue with games like Mass Effect having same-sex romances, you're part of the problem.
    I don't care if you're gay mate.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

So let me ask you too. Have you never in your life apologized for something you feel you didn't do?
    NOPE. Never. Why I would do such thing?

Saying "I'm sorry" is "extracting a pound of flesh over a joke"

Jesus christ where do you people live that those 2 little words are that harmful to you?
    You are offending me with your existence please apologise immediately.
    Last edited by Alexeht; 2017-03-20 at 02:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If his joke doesn't hurt anyone, then him being called a sexist doesn't hurt him back. Works both ways, really.
    So him being forced to resign from his job is him not getting hurt? What if someone were to harass your employer and place of employment to the point where they couldn't keep you because it was hurting business? Would you be alright with that because it doesn't "hurt" you?

10+ Year Old Account

Nobody decides all of it globally. Each person decides it for themselves, and faces the consequences of their actions caused by other people deciding differently.

To some people, using "he" instead of "they" or "he/she" when talking about a person of an unspecified gender is sexist. To some others, saying "women are all trash" is not mean enough to be qualified as sexist. It all depends on the person. And you, for yourself, can decide whether you give a damn when someone calls you a sexist over a simple joke or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

It's really convenient how only one side is responsible for their actions and everyone else gets a free pass. What happened to personal responsibility?
    I lean heavily left politically. My distaste for this is its authoritarian leanings. I believe this joke was in poor taste. I don't believe anyone should face job action over tweets in poor taste unless they are making them in an official capacity on behalf of their company, which Colin Moriarty clearly was not doing. So please, spare me the lame attempts to paint me with a right wing smear job.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I guess that is up to each individual to decide on their own. At which point the results of said actions are again 100% their own responsibility.
    Then I will call that person an overreacting bully and his or her cadre of online cohorts a witchhunt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Nobody decides all of it globally. Each person decides it for themselves, and faces the consequences of their actions caused by other people deciding differently.

To some people, using "he" instead of "they" or "he/she" when talking about a person of an unspecified gender is sexist. To some others, saying "women are all trash" is not mean enough to be qualified as sexist. It all depends on the person. And you, for yourself, can decide whether you give a damn when someone calls you a sexist over a simple joke or not.
    There is no use have an intellectual discussion with someone firmly committed to ideology.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    NOPE. Never. Why I would do such thing?

You are offending me with your existence please apologise immediately.

I'm sorry.

See, not hard at all.

It's really convenient how only one side is responsible for their actions and everyone else gets a free pass. What happened to personal responsibility?
    I would not call "tweet" action. Especially 'action against other'. Why no one is trying to get under skin of muslims shouting about hating gay and infidels? Why no one react to violent people which want to "punch nazi"? Why not enough people are shaming governments for drug prohibition and allowing big pharma to poison people?

I'm sorry.

See, not hard at all.
    You just confirmed that you have no honor, no self-respect, no dignity, no self-regard. Please tell me what stops you from suicide?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

I mean, that's sexism on its face, both in that it tries to deny people permission to speak on the basis of sex and in that it assumes incompetence on the basis of sex. While there is some merit to the suggestion that people should take a backseat when dealing with experiences not their own, it's not exactly impossible for people to correctly judge whether or not something is sexist due to the presence of a y-chromosome, nor is it necessarily the case that having two x-chromosomes renders your judgment correct either. I mean are not you yourself here not just relaying your wife's opinion, but also sharing your own? I could be wrong, but purely based on statistical facts as well as the fact that you bothered to get your wife's opinion and share it like it mattered at all, I'd assume you're male. Are you not guilty of what you're criticizing others of–giving an opinion while being male? If people were trying to tell others whether to be offended or not, you might have a point (though honestly, your posts smack of that anyway), but there are plenty of things to discuss here that don't require the absence of a y-chromosome to have meaningful input on. Basically, if you want to be a silly billy, go somewhere else.
    LOL

Your post is a perfect reason this situation exists.

I was interested in female's opinion if this whole situation merited such an outcry and subsequent reaction. She said no. She said it wasn't demeaning, and it was funny.

So I will take her point view over yours. It is that simple. No need to show off you chromosomes.

You are, by the way, totally entitled to your own subjective point of view.

My point of view is a bit more objective, only because I deemed to ask few females regarding this whole situation - and yes, based on their reaction, it is a case of total insanity, but not sexism.

Then I will call that person an overreacting bully and his or her cadre of online cohorts a witchhunt.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no use have an intellectual discussion with someone firmly committed to ideology.
    This.

Thank you.