Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Should be easy to platinum! You get an exclusive theme too.

This game is something alright

10+ Year Old Account
    HZD is absolutely amazing - one of my favorite new games/IP in years. Can't wait for a sequel, or DLC/options that make the current game more replayable (e.g. story expansions or a sandbox mode).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by amishjello View Post
    31 hours in and level 43. U have so much fun just killing random robots it's crazy. I am having a hard time finding upgrades to mods now after farming that one spot with 2 Thunderjaws.
    I don't even think I am half-way through the story atm. Really need to finish up before Mass Effect comes out Tuesday, that will take priority. I really want to PLat this game though, only other game I have a plat for is DOOM.
    A lot of people looked at Horizon as the time killer for Mass Effect but personally I think HZD is going to end up being the stronger game of the two.

And yes, killing random robots is just ridiculous amounts of fun, there's so many ways to approach combat that its crazy.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    HZD is absolutely amazing - one of my favorite new games/IP in years. Can't wait for a sequel, or DLC/options that make the current game more replayable (e.g. story expansions or a sandbox mode).

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of people looked at Horizon as the time killer for Mass Effect but personally I think HZD is going to end up being the stronger game of the two.

And yes, killing random robots is just ridiculous amounts of fun, there's so many ways to approach combat that its crazy.
    Agreed it's one of the best surprises in a long time. Doing really well for a new IP! Hope it continues. Got the platinum. What a game!

GG are really good developers. Seems like we may get an expansion?

10+ Year Old Account
    This game has brought me out of my posting hiatus. That being said:

HZD has been an eye-opening experience. I Platinum'd the game before BOTW came out, and while I am absolutely enjoying Zelda - I am also missing HZD and sad that I had completed everything it had to offer.

The game was absolutely beautiful. Sure, some quirks exist due to this -- like vegetation not really moving with your character unless its the high grass -- but that was never noticed by me until someone brought it up. You're moving so quickly around the game, you don't really pay attention to those minor details AS much.

Either way, I put everything on the hardest difficulty right out of the gate. It wasn't incredibly challenging but early on fights felt rewarding when you finally took down your first Sawtooth and so on. The story was great, and totally fleshed things out for me and answered my questions and left me satisfied.

While I was stoked for Mass Effect, HZD left me satisfied for the time being which is a feeling I so rarely get.

Best game I've played In awhile! I loved it!

Omg that ending

Just about done (doing side stuff now for the Platinum). One thing I have to say:

I have not hated a video game character as much as Ted Faro in a VERY long time. Yeah, I didn't much care for him being the cause of the destruction of life on the planet, but in a way that is almost typical video game stuff. Him wiping out the Apollo database and killing the Alphas... as if he wasn't already in a "death is too good for you" category. Just wow. Hats off to Gurrrilla for getting an emotional reaction from a salty old gamer. I wonder what the kids did in the cradles with zero education system? It would explain why they were so rowdy. What would they be taught?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    Just about done (doing side stuff now for the Platinum). One thing I have to say:

I have not hated a video game character as much as Ted Faro in a VERY long time. Yeah, I didn't much care for him being the cause of the destruction of life on the planet, but in a way that is almost typical video game stuff. Him wiping out the Apollo database and killing the Alphas... as if he wasn't already in a "death is too good for you" category. Just wow. Hats off to Gurrrilla for getting an emotional reaction from a salty old gamer. I wonder what the kids did in the cradles with zero education system? It would explain why they were so rowdy. What would they be taught?
    I agree, the scene where its revealed what he did literally made me ball up my fists. It made me legit angry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    This game has brought me out of my posting hiatus. That being said:

HZD has been an eye-opening experience. I Platinum'd the game before BOTW came out, and while I am absolutely enjoying Zelda - I am also missing HZD and sad that I had completed everything it had to offer.

The game was absolutely beautiful. Sure, some quirks exist due to this -- like vegetation not really moving with your character unless its the high grass -- but that was never noticed by me until someone brought it up. You're moving so quickly around the game, you don't really pay attention to those minor details AS much.

Either way, I put everything on the hardest difficulty right out of the gate. It wasn't incredibly challenging but early on fights felt rewarding when you finally took down your first Sawtooth and so on. The story was great, and totally fleshed things out for me and answered my questions and left me satisfied.

While I was stoked for Mass Effect, HZD left me satisfied for the time being which is a feeling I so rarely get.
    Exactly, I was sad when it was done. I've wanted answers to HZD's mysteries since the game was revealed in 2015, so it was both satisfying and bittersweet to finally have them.

Zelda's great, Mass Effect is pretty good so far, but Horizon routinely made my jaw drop from start to finish and neither Zelda nor MEA have done that (yet).
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

So I bought the game and played for a few hours. Definitely loving it and enjoying it but im more of a make me godmode so i can just relax and get thru the story without any roadblocks type player when it comes to single player. Is there any "cheats" or things i can pick up ingame that give me more advantages and makes me stronger than the level i am?
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    So I bought the game and played for a few hours. Definitely loving it and enjoying it but im more of a make me godmode so i can just relax and get thru the story without any roadblocks type player when it comes to single player. Is there any "cheats" or things i can pick up ingame that give me more advantages and makes me stronger than the level i am?
    Other than going on the easiest mode, not so much. Using freeze bombs or arrows can make combat a bit easier. Liberal use of override can definitely help as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I agree, the scene where its revealed what he did literally made me ball up my fists. It made me legit angry.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly, I was sad when it was done. I've wanted answers to HZD's mysteries since the game was revealed in 2015, so it was both satisfying and bittersweet to finally have them.

Zelda's great, Mass Effect is pretty good so far, but Horizon routinely made my jaw drop from start to finish and neither Zelda nor MEA have done that (yet).
    Theres barely any Main Story gameplay even in ME: A not sure why it's being compared.. they don't even let you finish the first planet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebull View Post
    Theres barely any Main Story gameplay even in ME: A not sure why it's being compared.. they don't even let you finish the first planet
    You make a valid point Rose, but I'm referring to the entirety of the game, not just the story. I'm far more impressed with HZD as a whole, than I am with what I've seen of ME:A. Hence the '(yet)' in my post. :P

Believe me, I WANT Mass Effect Andromeda to be the most epic game ever. I love that series. I spent 2+ years doing Mass Effect mods for Fallout 3/New Vegas because of how much I love those games.

So few things would make me happier than for MEA to end up blowing me away to the degree that Horizon has.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2017-03-19 at 03:53 PM.

This really is a good gaming season.

Though what i'm really happy to see if game code innovation. More dev's need to put importance in streamlining processing and memory consumption. PC or Console. Optimization is an uncommon gem.

What are your guys thoughts on this in regards to HZD?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post

Though what i'm really happy to see if game code innovation. More dev's need to put importance in streamlining processing and memory consumption. PC or Console. Optimization is an uncommon gem.

Well Horizon is extremely well-optimized and has 'how is this possible on PS4?' caliber graphics, so I'd say they nailed the 'tech' side of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to play this game so ridiculously bad, but I can't afford to get a PS4 at the moment. I wish this would come out on PC <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post

I think people underestimate the power and importance of first-party developers. I can't speak for the Xbox but I know that Sony's first-party developers are very strong and consistently put out great games that cater to the console.

HZD was made by the people who made Killzone. Not everyone liked Killzone games (I didn't care for the last one) but they were technical achievements.

I feel like each console (even PC) should have its own first-party powerhouses. A company that only makes PC games shouldn't have optimization issues just like a company that only devs for Sony should be able milk the playstation for everything it has.

I might actually put off buying ME:Andromeda to finish this game...and Mass Effect is one of my favorite franchises. I'm lvl 30 and just got to Meridian.

- - - Updated - - -

Play on easy. Frost bombs are OP. Stealth is OP. I'm guessing frost arrows are OP too but I haven't purchased that bow yet.

If my prep has failed or I'm ambushed I whip out the frost bombs to freeze an enemy. Most don't actually stop when frozen but they do take increased damage. I then shoot them with a tear arrow to knock off any nasty components they might have. After that, if they have an obvious exploitable weakness I'll exploit it (popping blaze canisters with fire, shooting off components that drive devastating attacks like Stormbird wings). Finish it off with my Hunter bow and melee attacks.

What I like about this game is finding and exploit isn't necessarily cheesing the game, its about survival and playing smart. Tying down a Trampler and shooting it in its stomach is fair game. Tripping a Ravager so it can't charge use and then shooting off its gun is all good.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I 100% platinum the game... all trophies... loved it can't wait for a DLC or expansion!

- - - Updated - - -

Do the hunter lounges it teaches you tricks in the game.. use silent attacks... use the environment to LoS things

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    I 100% platinum the game... all trophies... loved it can't wait for a DLC or expansion!

- - - Updated - - -

Do the hunter lounges it teaches you tricks in the game.. use silent attacks... use the environment to LoS things
    I see that the lodges are designed to teach you how to tackle obstacles but the last one I did taught me nothing...NOTHING!

It was the one with the tramplers and birds (whatever they are called). I technically 1 shot off of them with full marks but they wall involved running through the area with virtual blinders on while saying "they can't see me if I can't see them"...which worked somehow. I think one task was grabbing watcher eyes, one roping tramplers, and the other roping birds. I find roping birds to be inefficient, just shoot them with a tear arrow and watch them crash to the ground.

Grats on plat!

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I see that the lodges are designed to teach you how to tackle obstacles but the last one I did taught me nothing...NOTHING!

It was the one with the tramplers and birds (whatever they are called). I technically 1 shot off of them with full marks but they wall involved running through the area with virtual blinders on while saying "they can't see me if I can't see them"...which worked somehow. I think one task was grabbing watcher eyes, one roping tramplers, and the other roping birds. I find roping birds to be inefficient, just shoot them with a tear arrow and watch them crash to the ground.

Grats on plat!
    Thanks! I noticed fire arrows bring them down quicker :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Story expansion is confirmed, it was part of the announcement that the game had the best debut of any new IP for Sony. So excellent news!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I actually thought this game was going to be shit; I truly did. I bought it because it had a female lead and I have two daughters that love video games but I thought it was going to be another FC:Primal or boring open world game which I grew tired of on the first day.

...I was so wrong.