PSA: LFR Darkbough

Please kill Elerethe then Il'gynoth

I know it's just LFR but some people like killing every boss for chance at legendary and they have changed Il'gynoth to be the "last" boss in this wing now. People don't care, they go to Illy second and people leave cause the queue is done. This prevents you from being able to do Elerethe unless you get lucky and enough people stay behind. Either they need to close off his room till Elerethe dies or just change it back. I don't know why they even changed it to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's actually a good point. Going by map flow, Renferal is the logical end boss. Going by pure boss stats... Renferal is the logical end boss. Going by mechanical complexity... Renferal is the logical end boss. This might be something like how they made Omor the Unscarred in Hellfire Ramparts the end boss to make sure people didn't just skip him (this was later changed as people eventually made it a habit to swing by and down him to the point that it's become part of the standard Ramps run to detour to Omor), but all the same, I agree that he should either be blocked off until Renferal is downed (a system message, /yell, and raidwide emote after Renferal's death could clue players in that Illy's up), or make Renferal the end boss again.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the change was made because Renferal is a massive pain in the ass to do on LFR most times with people fucking up and dropping shit all over the place plus Il'gynoth is the favoured target in that wing as it's the most common Order Hall raid mission goal for Emerald Nightmare.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    I think the change was made because Renferal is a massive pain in the ass to do on LFR most times with people fucking up and dropping shit all over the place plus Il'gynoth is the favoured target in that wing as it's the most common Order Hall raid mission goal for Emerald Nightmare.
    i've never ever seen anyone struggle on LFR Elerethe. The only time I seen was because the tanks had no idea what to do. Other than that, it's a snoozefest.

I noticed it earlier this week. The problem is more that people have been conditioned to do Illy first so they don't even bother attempting to go to Renferal's room. I would surmise maybe this change was made because of the fucktard LFR players who'd pull shit going from Illy to Renferal and get "stuck" in Un'goro; but since LFR raiders are the last people on this planet to read up on changes Blizzard makes to the instance pathing everybody still goes to Illy after Nyth. Blizzard either needs to disable the Un'goro portal until after Renferal is defeated or hope (lol) players eventually realize that Illy is intended to be done last.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    i've never ever seen anyone struggle on LFR Elerethe. The only time I seen was because the tanks had no idea what to do. Other than that, it's a snoozefest.
    My god the amount of times I've been in a group that had LFR raiders with the bright idea to drop pools all along the web pathways plus a tornado has been fucking astounding so much so I can't stand doing the spider bird on LFR because of idiots like that.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.

the change was probably made because for whatever reason ilgynoth gives the cache reward; people kill him second and bail, and then a new bunch queue in who can't even kill the boss they need (note that every cache-rewarding boss in NH is also at the end of its resepctive LFR wing.)

I agree that they should probably just enforce the nyth > eli >ilgy order though

Pretty sure they made the change because of how many people would just get Ily down to score their bonus chest and dump.

Well, lfr groups run to ilgynoth first, cause people want to leave after getting him down, as the only purpose for many players to do lfr is the free and easy heroic/mythic cache, which requires players to kill ilgynoth. I do leave after ilgynoth myself as lfr is a bothersome thing.

You're one of those people who freak out when green is dropped in melee aren't you? Despite the fact it doesn't hurt at all and nothing bad comes of it.

You gotta work out a thing called "Fake Mechanics" It's where it looks like a mechanic you have to deal with, but you dont' actually.

Like the solo constructs in CoS, you don't have to interrupt their charging station when they're alone. There's no reason to. It's a fake mechanic. Or on the mana withered boss in arcway, when he connects 3 people and arcane clouds spawn in the triangle. You don't have to do that, there's no reason, just stand still and let it spawn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    You're one of those people who freak out when green is dropped in melee aren't you? Despite the fact it doesn't hurt at all and nothing bad comes of it.

You gotta work out a thing called "Fake Mechanics" It's where it looks like a mechanic you have to deal with, but you dont' actually.

Like the solo constructs in CoS, you don't have to interrupt their charging station when they're alone. There's no reason to. It's a fake mechanic. Or on the mana withered boss in arcway, when he connects 3 people and arcane clouds spawn in the triangle. You don't have to do that, there's no reason, just stand still and let it spawn.
    Well considering I play a ranged character I don't really give a toss if people stupidly dump pools in melee range however I do get pissed when a bunch of players drop green pools and tornadoes on the web bridges and then the healers don't bother to heal for that period. This isn't even addressing the players that grab a feather and then somehow launch themselves off the ledge to their deaths.

Well considering I play a ranged character I don't really give a toss if people stupidly dump pools in melee range however I do get pissed when a bunch of players drop green pools and tornadoes on the web bridges and then the healers don't bother to heal for that period. This isn't even addressing the players that grab a feather and then somehow launch themselves off the ledge to their deaths.
    Legit, never wiped to renferal lfr before (Outside of the boss running over the web and getting the damage increased by 500% buff, but tbf I was the one who took it to the web everytime) and i've done it on lfr easily 50 times.

Are you just upset that people die? or are you actually wiping?

Deleted

Yeah pretty much. Most things in LFR are "fake mechanics". They look deadly, but actually are not.

Only way you can die to Trilliax beam is that you try outrun the beam while inside the beam. That thing barely does like 200k damage. And with classes like Warlock, thats hardly even the soul leech amount.
    Chromatic things look "dont stand here" but they also do like 200k damage.
    Pretty much everything in LFR is glorified patchwerks. Probably because some people still do alts and "queue as healer for fast queue".

Only actually hurting mechanic I've found is arcane bombs on Spellblade and stuff "really hurts" on gul'dan after P1.

Also lets remember that LFR EN was tuned for people fresh outta heroic dungeons. By now, specially with TF drops, you can ignore 90% of mechanics. I've never seen people go below 80% if someome doesnt move on ursoc charge unless its "that blue-geared DH".

10+ Year Old Account
    Legit, never wiped to renferal lfr before (Outside of the boss running over the web and getting the damage increased by 500% buff, but tbf I was the one who took it to the web everytime) and i've done it on lfr easily 50 times.

Are you just upset that people die? or are you actually wiping?
    We were having more than half the group dying on platform changes in LFR so tbf fuck doing that fight for half an hour just to find out if I got 20g or a cruddy piece of gear. Now I'm fairly certain with Nighthold out it's easy to out dps the boss but prior to NH people were still doing really stupid shit in LFR which made bosses like Renferal a pain to run even for a chance at loot to DE.

Noticed that issue as well as we wen't to Il'gynoth out of a habit and 1/3 of the group left.

People are not the problem.
    Problem is while Blizz changed the order they didn't even bother to make it aparrent by locking the portal.

Frankly I think the change was unjustified and unnecessarily confusing. Keep in mind LFR isn't the kind of content that requires focus, usually it comes down to mindless zergfest (it'd be naive to think it was supposed to be anything different that that) - everyone just goes the usual way Nythendra > Il'gynoth > Elerethe and keep bursting bosses to get their runes or a chance for a legendary aas fast as they can. Nothing wrong with that. It's not meant to be involving or organized. Never experienced any issue with Elerethe, sure the green goo flies everywhere, but it does minimal amount of damage and as long as there is 1 tank and 1 healer left you can still get her killed quickly with 14 random players.
    Last edited by saradonin; 2017-03-20 at 08:46 AM.

It's most likely a bug, there's no logical reason for them to lock out a boss from LFR and not even the hardest one at that.

I see most of the responses as "people just do Illy for the bag and scram" but even on the weeks he isn't the cache (i.e. this week is was Cenarius) they still do the same thing. It's just irritating that's all

Because they think the instance is done