Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Just because you can have an opinion on something doesn't mean it can't objectively be done well or bad.
    Same applies to writing, you have to follow a certain structure and other shit, otherwise it's indeed "bad writing", if you happen to like it anyway, then that's a totally different thing.
    For stuff in English class ya you do. Same doesn't apply in the real word. Writers don't have some checklist they have to follow for their books to factually be good writing its all opinion based.

If you had a assignment to write 4 paragraphs but only wrote 3 its a fact you didn't follow the instructions. In the real word you can write whatever you want nothing is ever factually good or factually bad, these are subjective terms. Ill have to disagree with Derah on this, even getting shot, for some people, could be a good thing. Some people want to die, or perhaps the wound was minor but reveled a larger issue. Hell even death is seen as a blessing for some.

50 shades of gray objectively does not portray a healthy bondage lifestyle, but given the fact the good and bad are subjective terms it can never be factually good or factually bad. But i digress this is heading more into the realm of logic and philosophy.
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-03-20 at 06:53 AM.

Wow, we have veered WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY into offtopic here xD from discussing andromeda, to discussing the objectivity and subjectivity of "Good" and "Bad" :P

Sooner or later we're gonna get busted by the mod team.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Wow, we have veered WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY into offtopic here xD from discussing andromeda, to discussing the objectivity and subjectivity of "Good" and "Bad" :P

Well, we are starting our playthroughs tomorrow... It might be a good thing for us to be removed from the forums for a while. Objectively good, in this case!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    jesus Derah, every 3rd post is from you. do you have any other hobby?

i dont know, why some people are complaining about the animations. especially about the fem. raider. only nerds are playing as female anyway (yeah let the hate at me)

pre ordered yesterday, because the story and gameplay look solid and fun. i look forward to play this gem in 4k 60fps master race

Ya the troll succeeded in derailing us, anywayyyyyyy.

I can't wait to fix Eos of its radiation problem so i can explore the rest of the wastes, im tempted to not leave until i get 100% viability. I at least want to see the outpost built at the oasis.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by despotar View Post

i dont know, why some people are complaining about the animations. especially about the fem. raider. only nerds are playing as female anyway (yeah let the hate at me)

pre ordered yesterday, because the story and gameplay look solid and fun. i look forward to play this gem in 4k 60fps master race
    Welcome to the club, i was afraid my 1080 ftw couldn't handle it, going through the first fight with no drops was magical.

Quote Originally Posted by despotar View Post
    I do, but right now I'm suffering from a nasty case of insomnia, U_U Its 3am right now in my country (Venezuela), and I SHOULD be asleep, specially since I have to go to work in like 4 hours, but sleep just isn't coming, so I'm staring at the computer, hoping that i'll fall asleep out of sheer exhaustion. Its worked before.

Therefore, I'm passing my time browsing pictures about cats, participating in 3 topics across 3 different forums, and watching my cat sleep like a corpse despite me waking her up every 10 min. I swear, if I could sleep like that, I'd be 60% happier. And that's an objective fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post

I can't wait to fix Eos of its radiation problem so i can explore the rest of the wastes, im tempted to not leave until i get 100% viability. I at least want to see the outpost built at the oasis.
    That's my plan. I'm a consummate completionist, so I wont leave any planet I land on, until I can achieve 100% viability on it, and have completed every side-quest, objective, etc. Only stuff I'll skip is if there's pointless collecting stuff, such as for example those silly skull puzzles in Inquisition. I skipped those.

well.. I'm not getting to play until tuesday night (still not as objectively bad as Derah who has to wait longer. HA! ) but all i can hope is that completion is not going to take as long as Inquisition did and important missions will be easier to differentiate from the missions that are not critical to the story.

but seriously, I have met someone, personaly who enjoyed the taste of poop. yes. you read that right. did they enjoyment put a doubt on whether poop tastes good, or that its actualy someone someone should eat? people enjoy drugs, does that make drugs good? I can keep going with those, but basically... subjective enjoyment/goodness could apply to, say.. style. some people like heavy metal music, and some hate it. that part is subjective. however - singing off key = bad singer is not. same goes for writer that cannot use words to properly convey their intent = bad writer.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2017-03-20 at 07:11 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be playing in 8 hours thanks to Korean vpn
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Now that I saw that convo between Fem!Ryder and Suvi, I definitely don't think it poorly written. I mean look at it in text:

Ryder: I'm really glad you volunteered to join our crew, by the way.
    Suvi: I am too. New galaxy and all. I'm honored to be here.
    Ryder: No, I mean... [talking faster] I think you're cute and I like seeing you up here.
    Suvi: Omigoodness Ryder!
    Ryder: [Still talking fast] Also, the accent. I mean... it's not the only thing, but... uh... okay, I should just go over there to the piloting thing.
    Kallo: Kill. Me. Now.
    Suvi: Ryder, thank you. And, so you know, the feeling's mutual.
    Ryder: YES! I mean, time to pathfind. Serious business. Saving everyone. [Nervous laughter].

They're not exactly old people, Sara is 22, and Suvi doesn't look much older. I've seen, and said way worse when attempting to flirt. Much to my shame I once dropped the impossibly cringy line "Hey, s'up...... I just got out of jail, cuz I kept stealing women's hearts". I got a lot of well deserved shit for that stupid line, but what do you expect? I was 19, horny, and am normally shy around people.

That our characters are not infallible perfect beings is a mark of quality for me, and makes it easier for me to believe they are more real, as opposed to an idealized perfect unphasable stiff. Plus I found the whole exchange as sweet as it was hilarious as it was awkward. I mean if had been physically there in the room, I would have backed away...... very slowly.....

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    well.. I'm not getting to play until tuesday night (still not as objectively bad as Derah who has to wait longer. HA! ) but all i can hope is that completion is not going to take as long as Inquisition did and important missions will be easier to differentiate from the missions that are not critical to the story.
    >.> Compleation, no sidequests........

I do, but right now I'm suffering from a nasty case of insomnia, U_U Its 3am right now in my country (Venezuela), and I SHOULD be asleep, specially since I have to go to work in like 4 hours, but sleep just isn't coming, so I'm staring at the computer, hoping that i'll fall asleep out of sheer exhaustion. Its worked before.

Therefore, I'm passing my time browsing pictures about cats, participating in 3 topics across 3 different forums, and watching my cat sleep like a corpse despite me waking her up every 10 min. I swear, if I could sleep like that, I'd be 60% happier. And that's an objective fact.

- - - Updated - - -

That's my plan. I'm a consummate completionist, so I wont leave any planet I land on, until I can achieve 100% viability on it, and have completed every side-quest, objective, etc. Only stuff I'll skip is if there's pointless collecting stuff, such as for example those silly skull puzzles in Inquisition. I skipped those.
    Completion bros for life! i mean in makes story since too. Why run off to another planet and risk who knows what, while colonists are waiting, when you still have one you can be working on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I go to bed at 5 AM these days (yaaaay evening office times!), so I should be able to have quite a bit of fun tomorrow. Unless I decide to "take a nap for an hour", which is often fatal for my free time...
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

All this retarded talk about character customization. I get that it's a bigger deal to some people, but come the fuck on. If a character's looks/model is as much of a deal breaker as some of you are making it out to be, then you must play basically zero games.

As long as the story is at least mildly entertaining and the gameplay is good enough to have fun with, who fucking cares if buttfuck ugly preset face #17 makes you cringe.

Now that I saw that convo between Fem!Ryder and Suvi, I definitely don't think it poorly written. I mean look at it in text:

Ryder: I'm really glad you volunteered to join our crew, by the way.
    Suvi: I am too. New galaxy and all. I'm honored to be here.
    Ryder: No, I mean... [talking faster] I think you're cute and I like seeing you up here.
    Suvi: Omigoodness Ryder!
    Ryder: [Still talking fast] Also, the accent. I mean... it's not the only thing, but... uh... okay, I should just go over there to the piloting thing.
    Kallo: Kill. Me. Now.
    Suvi: Ryder, thank you. And, so you know, the feeling's mutual.
    Ryder: YES! I mean, time to pathfind. Serious business. Saving everyone. [Nervous laughter].

They're not exactly old people, Sara is 22, and Suvi doesn't look much older. I've seen, and said way worse when attempting to flirt. Much to my shame I once dropped the impossibly cringy line "Hey, s'up...... I just got out of jail, cuz I kept stealing women's hearts". I got a lot of well deserved shit for that stupid line, but what do you expect? I was 19, horny, and am normally shy around people.

That our characters are not infallible perfect beings is a mark of quality for me, and makes it easier for me to believe they are more real, as opposed to an idealized perfect unphasable stiff. Plus I found the whole exchange as sweet as it was hilarious as it was awkward. I mean if had been physically there in the room, I would have backed away...... very slowly.....
    I loved how it was handled as well. I mean it was the emotional option and Sara was sure as hell emotional, i wounder if the logical chat option would still continue the romance with out being so embarrassing, probably. Now its not just the Li's who are nervous bumbling idiots, it can be us too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    All this retarded talk about character customization. I get that it's a bigger deal to some people, but come the fuck on. If a character's looks/model is as much of a deal breaker as some of you are making it out to be, then you must play basically zero games.

As long as the story is at least mildly entertaining and the gameplay is good enough to have fun with, who fucking cares if buttfuck ugly preset face #17 makes you cringe.
    I mean we cant do from scratch kits, but they have the Ryder family resemblance they have to consider, and their is a preset for just about every ethnicity you can think of. I mean depending on skin tone, face 6 Scott can look Native American, Russian, Caspian etc, adjust features as needed.

>.> Compleation, no sidequests........

Completion bros for life! i mean in makes story since too. Why run off to another planet and risk who knows what, while colonists are waiting, when you still have one you can be working on.
    ok, you are confusing me. for me completion = 100% everything, at least once. which means... side quests. but.. for alts, it would be nice to know which quests are safely skippable, something that I found to be difficult to figure out in DAi, since some of the side chains were required to open up areas where companion quests would take place. aaaanyways.

I'm pretty sure Suvi is going to be at least one of my romances. i'm a sucker for awkwardly adorable :P

on customization. to compare to another bioware game. DA2 revolved around having your family with you and they had presets as well to reflect it. you still had a LOT more options for customizing your character and still have them look like their family. meanwhile, unless i understood it wrong, you can make your twin to look NOTHING like your character or Dadryder. all the while giving us almost no options for our characters to play around with. it just seems like such a setback from an older and more rushed game...
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2017-03-20 at 07:31 AM.

Deleted
    Ya the troll succeeded in derailing us, anywayyyyyyy.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to the club, i was afraid my 1080 ftw couldn't handle it, going through the first fight with no drops was magical.
    im running 2x zotac gtx 1080, there shouldn´t be any problems. hopefully

will there be a performance nvidia update for andromeda?

I am really struggling with deciding if I'm gonna change the name of my Ryder or not.

On the one hand, its tradition at this point that I name all my characters Derah, regardless of which game I'm playing. Gender of character, also irrelevant.

On the other hand, if you leave your default name entirely unchanged, it will be used in conversation from time to time. Not as often as your last name, but it will be used. It'd be a refreshing change for a bioware game, where they either refer to you by title (Warden, Inquisitor, Pathfinder) or by last name (Shepard, Hawke, Ryder).

I still dream of a future where every NPC can incorporate the technique used in Codsworth in Fallout 4, where he has a database of over a thousand different names, and if your name is among those, he will refer to you by that name, and still sound natural as if the entire game was written with that name in mind, which felt AWESOME. It is my hope that one day, every NPC in every game will behave like that.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm also beginning to notice that both twins DO have different personalities and tastes, making a playthrough as male and female ryder feel different.

Just to use an example from the first 5 minutes of the game: When playing as Scott Ryder, he says that coffee makes him jittery, but when playing as Sara Ryder and choosing the same line, she instead says that she can't explore space without her mandatory cup'o coffee. This is just one example among many, that Scott and Sara are two completely different people, with different personalities, different likes and dislikes, different reactions to situations. It will definitely encourage me to play as the opposite gender twin on my second playthrough.

10+ Year Old Account
    So reviews have started to drop for the game, getting pretty mediocre scores for an AAA games as of now, landing in the range of between 60s to low 80s for a lot of publications. Seems to be in about the range I thought it would be.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays...fect-andromeda

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    So reviews have started to drop for the game, getting pretty mediocre scores for an AAA games as of now, landing in the range of between 60s to low 80s for a lot of publications. Seems to be in about the range I thought it would be.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays...fect-andromeda
    As of the time of this writing, ME:A has 10 positive reviews, and 8 mixed reviews, with 0 negative reviews. That's actually pretty good.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the other hand, if you leave your default name entirely unchanged, it will be used in conversation from time to time. Not as often as your last name, but it will be used. It'd be a refreshing change for a bioware game, where they either refer to you by title (Warden, Inquisitor, Pathfinder) or by last name (Shepard, Hawke, Ryder).
    I didn't know that. That's awesome! I'm definitely leaving mine unchanged then. Sarah is a decent name anyway, although I'd prefer something a bit more original.

10+ Year Old Account
    As of the time of this writing, ME:A has 10 positive reviews, and 8 mixed reviews, with 0 negative reviews. That's actually pretty good.
    Never said getting 7s and low 8s were outright bad, it's however not very good either for an AAA game that's been in production for 5 years. It is reviewing as just that, mediocre, with both significant cons and pros. Heck, even gamespot that gave it a 6 is holding up the combat as a thing it got right.