Poll: Do you want Shadowstep back?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Hey !

I'm planning on getting one of my melee dps to 110 and I'm thinking of going rogue, especially subtlety. I was wondering tho... is subtlety a good choice since I won't have any legendary and shitty gear or do you think I should aim for another spec at the beginning and go back to subtlety once I get some gear ? cheers
    As an alt - i'd play what'd enjoyable.

If for more serious raiding, assassination is ahead in current tier, sub is slightly behind. Both very gear dependent. All three can perform excellently in m+

Quote Originally Posted by trolollollo View Post

Here's some steps so you can do it yourself:

1) Cancel any existing Finality : Eviscerate buffs.
    2) Store up 10 combo points.
    3) Use Eviscerate.
    4) Move cursor over Finality: Eviscerate buff.
    Alright.
    Is it a tooltip bug ? It does not work with Nightblade though.

It doesn't work with nightblade but it does work with eviscerate.
    You can test.
    You spec anticipation and without buffs or proc trinkets you just ShStorm to 10 cps and do 2 evis, 1 normal and 1 with 40% buff.
    You do that often enough to get a good max hit result.
    Now you redo it but this time with vigor.
    Both only have 5 Cp finisher but you will achieve an higher max evis dmg with anticipation.

What could happen is that blizz will "fix" it or say it's working as intended, but 7.2 ptr is near an end and not 1 word from blizz, so i think we can roll with it even in 7.2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaluna View Post
    Alright.
    Is it a tooltip bug ? It does not work with Nightblade though.
    no its not a tooltip bug, but you can see it as a bug.
    interessting enough DFA works the same way (scales with cp up to 10) but get fixed in 7.2.

So uh... am i supposed to go through all my 3 charges of Shadowdance at pull or do I have to only use them not to overcap at 3 charges or when burst is required ?

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    So uh... am i supposed to go through all my 3 charges of Shadowdance at pull or do I have to only use them not to overcap at 3 charges or when burst is required ?
    there is no benefit holding them, in fact holding them is a dps loss.

You should avoid using finishers while at 3 charges when you can. That's about the only big rule you need concerning charges.

There are exceptions on the pull, for example, i have the legendary shoulders and dump 2 finishers before using SD. On most ordinary pulls you would use NB before dance, and that'd be the extent of over-capping charges through the fight.

Thanks !

Another question regarding the aoe ... should I use the shuriken tempest get 5 combo use a finisher and repeat or just spam shuriken tempest during "stealth" for the damage boost ?

Homophobia is so gay.

I am looking for a WeakAura lua code since my WAs got reset. It shows/doesn't show an icon when Shadowstrike will teleport me. If I happen to find it I will post it here. If anyone has it, thanks.

I found the old thread if anyone else was interested:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-sub-now/page4
    Last edited by Drub; 2017-03-20 at 03:32 AM.

Thanks !

Another question regarding the aoe ... should I use the shuriken tempest get 5 combo use a finisher and repeat or just spam shuriken tempest during "stealth" for the damage boost ?
    Use finishers, otherwise you'll run out of dance charges very fast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drub View Post
    I am looking for a WeakAura lua code since my WAs got reset. It shows/doesn't show an icon when Shadowstrike will teleport me. If I happen to find it I will post it here. If anyone has it, thanks.

I found the old thread if anyone else was interested:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-sub-now/page4
    just use isSpellInRange and check for a melee range ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Seliar View Post
    ... What I don't really understand that with sprint-vanish (and also attacking from stealth on the beginning of the fight) I can get only 3 globals into the mini dance while a regular vanish let me use 4 globals. Strange..
    i think that is because the regular vanish gives the vanish buff for a brief moment , which counts as stealth, while normal opener and sprint-vanish don't seem to have that.

Deleted
    With 7.2 looming, did anybody do some homework on the optimal route for the new artifact traits? Just go straight to the Empowered Goremaw or is there any worth to first raise to 4 the old, main throughput traits (like Energetic Stabbing/Nightblade damage...)

Also, the dodge % traits will also raise to 4 lol, say hello to 33% base dodge in the next patch.

In the end we will have all and i think only ES can be worth it to reach the new golden trait later.

Quote Originally Posted by Seliar View Post
    You should do that when you are around 30-35 energy with mos and 55-60 energy without mos, so that you only lose some auto attack dps which is really garbage. What I don't really understand that with sprint-vanish (and also attacking from stealth on the beginning of the fight) I can get only 3 globals into the mini dance while a regular vanish let me use 4 globals. Strange..

Oh and turn away from the boss so that you don't accidently hit him.
    am I the only one that thinks having out 2nd vanish on sprint is extremely clunky and stupid? it's a big headache nightmare for PvP where i might want to use that sprint offensively without wasting the 2nd vanish, to give one example.

what was wrong with Preparation, anyway? "muh button bloat"?
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    am I the only one that thinks having out 2nd vanish on sprint is extremely clunky and stupid? it's a big headache nightmare for PvP where i might want to use that sprint offensively without wasting the 2nd vanish, to give one example.

No you're not.

But we're taking advantage of a shitty mechanic for now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post

It's also a nightmare for solo pve that can reset fights.. I still think it should give you a 10-15sec buff (that doesnt add a cd to Vanish on the next use) after the sprint effect proc that way you can choose to use it or not.

I hate to vanish (and then run way slower) while sprinting in the rogue order class hall every time :-O

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faildevil View Post
    I hate to vanish (and then run way slower) while sprinting in the rogue order class hall every time :-O
    can you evaluate that?

You move slower in stealth without the nightstalker talent, you know?