Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    For the life of me I don't know what the fuck people see in Amy Schumer. She is the most talentless hack I have ever seen. She is not in anyway funny. There has to be some kind of tribalism going on to get her t.v. specials etc. because no one in their right mind finds anything coming out of her mouth even remotely funny.

Want funny Ellen, Amy Poehler, the now deceased Joan Rivers... Even the avg. person on the sidewalk saying a knock knock joke is funnier then Amy Schumer.

That's like a gold gilded TURD! Still a turd.

10+ Year Old Account
    While she has had good sets. This one wasn't very good at all. Maybe it's because I can't relate to a lot of the material. But a good comedian should be able to make it relatable.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    For people who didn't watched her performance (and have no intention to), can someone just throw couple of jokes here? Just to see what kind of humor you are talking about
    Most infamous one I am hearing is when she states her vagina smells like barn yard animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Nah the main character was just not good to me, it really doesent make me entushiasm for something when the protagonist is someone i dont like on any level. NetFlix had better protagonist from Marvel that were nothing like the comic, like Jessica Jones and yet i liked her alot.
    Ward meachum was really the only one in Iron fist who got any serious Character building. he's the only character i actually felt for. hopefully Defenders is better than Iron fist.

Netflix rating system is... Not a good indication of anything.
    Not seen the show though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    To all you Schumer haters, women are funny, get over it.
    Ellen deGeneres is funny. Whoppi Goldberg is funny. Wanda Sykes is funny. Roseanne Barr is funny. Sarah Silverman is funny.

Amy Schumer is NOT funny. At all.

But are whales funny?

I can't imagine how many heads this is going to go over. Girls are funny Wendy, get over yourself.

Ellen, Silverman, Woopi, Amy Poehler, Aubrey Plaza, hell i'd even watch Tina Fey Sandra Bullock and Betty White before i'd find Schumer funny. simply talking about your vagina doesn't make you funny.

Southpark did cover her in a few episodes as well with Cartman pretending shes funny in order to get a gf.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    I love when she says "My vaginaaaaa" a lot.
    Yes yes, we've all seen that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Because people really like to listen to a woman compare the smell of her vagina to a barnyard animal.
    I have absolutely no idea how anyone ever found Two and a Half Men funny, but there you have it. Comedy is a question of personal taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Netflix's ratings are personalized to each individual based on other things you watch. It predicts what you would rate it.
    Well it's doing a terrible job.

To be fair my watching patterns are probably hard to predict.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    I guess Crowder count as (alt?)rigth wing, but i think his criticism is valid and on point

"im a slut" joke literally every 2 minutes and "my vagina is big/smelly/ugly/overused" jokes as filler...
    Someone take her out into the woods and put her out of misery

Update:
    Netflix announced that they will change their user rating system
    http://ew.com/tv/2017/03/16/netflix-star-ratings/
    What a coincidence .....
    Last edited by mmoc744a9bccb6; 2017-03-20 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    Yeah, I still found it entertaining enough that I finished the season, but it had one particularly glaring flaw: this incarnation of Danny Rand is the most unsympathetic main character in any Marvel franchise to date. By the end of the season, I found the character of Ward Meachum to be more likeable.

Not sure which of the acting, writing, or directing is most deserving of the blame, but a main character with absolutely no charisma to speak of doesn't make for compelling drama. And, as some critics have already pointed out, the series centered around a supposed kung fu master has ironically the worst fight scenes of any Marvel Netflix drama to date ... and the main character is the weakest link in all of those scenes.

[Edit: Okay, not all of the fight scenes suck. Jessica Henwick is badass.]
    It should come as no surprise that an actor with zero martial arts training is underwhelming in kung fu fight scenes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzum View Post
    I guess Crowder count as (alt?)rigth wing, but i think his criticism is valid and on point

"im a slut" joke literally every 2 minutes and "my vagina is big/smelly/ugly/overused" jokes as filler...
    Someone take her out into the woods and put her out of misery

Update:
    http://ew.com/tv/2017/03/16/netflix-star-ratings/
    What a coincidence .....
    That video is hard to watch even with the greatness of Crowder.. It's embarressing.. like South Park without the awesome social commentry..

Because a 5 star rating which is universally used is bad for reasons!
    Last edited by Trollhammer; 2017-03-20 at 08:22 AM. Reason: removed embedded

Quote Originally Posted by Miztickow View Post
    This sounds like Ghostbusters, where the movie was just a hot piece of garbage, but people pretended the criticism was because it starred women.
    That movie had a 1-star rating well before people actually had a chance to see it.

Amy Schumers jokes were funny the first time around. Gets old fast. Almost no one I know actually likes her, political affiliations all over the spectrum. Oddly enough though her humor is more offensive to the alt left.

Wouldn't surprise me if some people who dislike this type of comedy (or dislike Schumer) deliberately went out of their way just to rate it bad, even if they never watched it. But, personally, I saw the trailer and it's not my type of comedy - and I have nothing against Schumer, she's just not funny to me.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

I generally find her kinda funny, so I really doubt it's actually worse than a 3-star sort of thing.

That said, I'm never going to find out because I don't want to watch a fat woman in skimpy clothing. There's enough of that hideous lack of dignity ambling around every city in the country - I don't also need to go out of my way to see some on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    So, this thing has a one-star rating on Netlfix. Schumer, of course, completely blames it on alt-right trolls maliciously downgrading her for political reasons. My take on it? I've tried to watch this thing twice. The first time I made it nine minutes in, the second time I got to the 16 minute mark. I just plain got bored. It wasn't very funny, the majority of it was all graphic sex humor and I wasn't laughing.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with using sex in standup at all. To this day one of my favorite comedy specials is Robin Williams Live on Broadway and yeah, he used sex a LOT and I loved it. And I realize that humor is subjective - what one person finds hilarious, the next person might find cringey and awful. But there seems to be a common consensus that Schumer's special just wasn't very good. So is this the new thing? If a comedian fails, it's not the comedian's fault, it's the political opposition's fault for calling it bad?
    I watched her on Last comic standing years ago, I thought her comedy sucked then and I know it sucks now. I love some good standup comedy, she isn't funny.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Eh. People are blaming Netflix's Iron Fist abysmal ratings on "the left" taking the "white-washing" affair too far.

So yes, it's a thing.

Whether or not the blame can be proven to be true...
    iron fist has an 8.1 on IMDB, I am 2 episodes in and I am enjoying it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    So, this thing has a one-star rating on Netlfix. ....... So is this the new thing? If a comedian fails, it's not the comedian's fault, it's the political opposition's fault for calling it bad?
    These specials/shows that blame the current rating system will have a chance to find out if this is actually the case soon enough. Netflix is moving to a thumbs up/down rating system soon. This would in essence prove if more people like it versus, people giving it 1 star out of hatred so it potentially outweighs the more serious 3-4 star reviews.

http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/17/149...system-changes

---Update---

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzum View Post
    What a coincidence .....
    From your own article and something similar in the one I posted before seeing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by EW
    The executive said Netflix tested the new system last year and found that users volunteered 200 percent more ratings when faced with a simple up or down choice than when having five options — so the system will result in more feedback from viewers.
    So if by coincidence you mean her comedy skit got released months after they started testing then sure....
    Last edited by -Nurot; 2017-03-20 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post
    These specials/shows that blame the current rating system will have a chance to find out if this is actually the case soon enough. Netflix is moving to a thumbs up/down rating system soon. This would in essence prove if more people like it versus, people giving it 1 star out of hatred so it potentially outweighs the more serious 3-4 star reviews.

http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/17/149...system-changes
    Oh fuck that rating system, I like the star rating system, it's usually right on the money.