Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Remember our death vision? (Hellfire Citadel Raid - Killrog)

In Hellfire citadel raid Kilrogg shows players, us how we will die. We can assume that this is thruth. As we know we are facing at least Naga Invasion (Black Scroll short story) and ot probably happens much much later.
    What if we will really die? We have died before. Death knights were killed and risen by scourge. And players who did Black temple attunement also have been killed and revived by Akama to avoid suspicion from dreadlord sentry.
    So what if we die again..but Our Artifact weapons will bring us back to life and be "destroyed" in process?
    Healer weapons are obvious. They do have healing powers. Lorewise,if not including ingame mechanics, therw are possibilities and several rare occassions when characters who die return to life. Or if they are at blink of death are brought back to life. Like Kaelthasor Krasus (saved by Malfurion) etc.
    So when we die healer weapons bring back their owners back. Because we are told lots of times that we are chosen to wield such powerful weapons.
    So tanking weapons have also some origins or powera that probably can revive owners.
    Now lets go to dps ones
    I think it too is possible
    Most of dps weapons have big origins. Lije scythe of Elune made by powers of Elune and primal god Goldrinn. So while Elune could purify corrupted tear of elune and yseras spirit. I think it can rwvive boomkins aswell
    And rogue swords can consume enemy spirits and so on
    . What do you think?
    Will we die to legion and be brought back woth our artifacts. And they lose powers like dragon aspects did?

Warriors died and went to "Heaven" at the start of their legion quest line aswell.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

I don't think that vision is actually going to come true.
    Kilrogg was only empowered to see his own death, not everyone's.

Don't forget that, canonically, everybody got killed by the Lich King, to be ressurected moments later by Terenas.

Something similar might happen. It's too cool to be left untouched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    It's too cool to be left untouched.
    like ur mum

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-03-19 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Quote Originally Posted by Krusokat View Post
    like ur mum
    I'm pretty sure you'll get infracted for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Im pretty sure that killrog was nothing more than a jungle junkie tripping balls....in another dimension. Legion is waaaay too incompetent to ever threaten us. We will just once again humiliate them in tomb of sargeras and then go to argus to euthanize their leader and finish this farse.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like to think that only powerful spells can resurrect people... like how we died and got resurrected in Icecrown Citadel.
    All those times in the world is just gameplay and did not really happen.. unless a quest specified it.

But, as Illidan told the demon hunters who killed themselves, they have an immortal demon soul, which means they can't truly die but must make their way through the twisting nether.

And we could try to get some more lore on the spirit healer... maybe we're all actual heroes and the spirit world is limbo where we have to return to our bodies in an X time before we actually die..

Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    I like to think that only powerful spells can resurrect people... like how we died and got resurrected in Icecrown Citadel.
    All those times in the world is just gameplay and did not really happen.. unless a quest specified it.
    Yeah I'm pretty sure that the lore is that resurrection by light also requires the person to have just died right there. Druid's and Shamans I think go the "grabbing the spirit" route ala-DND Psions, so it also requires very recent. Raising people as Undead can be done after a much longer delay, but they can only be mindful Undead in certain situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Don't forget that, canonically, everybody got killed by the Lich King, to be ressurected moments later by Terenas.

Something similar might happen. It's too cool to be left untouched.
    Well not everyone. DH's were still locked away. Pandaren, Worgen and Goblins were not playable either

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    Yeah I'm pretty sure that the lore is that resurrection by light also requires the person to have just died right there. Druid's and Shamans I think go the "grabbing the spirit" route ala-DND Psions, so it also requires very recent. Raising people as Undead can be done after a much longer delay, but they can only be mindful Undead in certain situations.
    Exactly! I even read somewhere that lorewise, actual ressurections are extremely rare. Just like things as a hearthstone. They exist, but are either of one-time usage or veeeeery rare.

Though, even though I get it's a gamedesign-mechanic, I would love to see some lore on the spirit healer.
    That's why I cringe every time they add something new like Hellheim, different val'kyrs or special spirits... how many spirit worlds are there? How many gods are real? This is starting to look like Game of Thrones

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krusokat View Post
    like ur mum

Infracted.
    That reason. Topkek.

Anyway I doubt that vision will come to pass now. The legion seems too weak, also if we fail WITH our artifacts what chance do we have without them?

I did not play through HFC, could someone explain the vision of death to me? Found a video via google of horde players fighting in Royal Quarter with Khadgar, is this Undercity? Is there any legitimacy to what Kilrogg is causing the player to see?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by n8four View Post
    I did not play through HFC, could someone explain the vision of death to me? Found a video via google of horde players fighting in Royal Quarter with Khadgar, is this Undercity? Is there any legitimacy to what Kilrogg is causing the player to see?
    During the encounter you get this call-out from Kilrogg:

Gaze into my eyes and witness your doom!
    The raid sees a vision of their final stand against the Burning Legion, alongside Khadgar. Horde players are transported to the Royal Quarter of the Undercity, while Alliance players are sent to the Throne Room of Stormwind Keep.

Archmage Khadgar says: It's good to see you survived that last assault, but when the Burning Legion makes its final push, they'll wipe us out.
    Archmage Khadgar says: It's been an honor to fight by your side all these years, but our strength was not enough to save Azeroth. Before we meet death, let's send a few hundred demons screaming back to the Twisting Nether!
    After a time in that phase you're pulled back out to the main fight with Kilrogg. Given what happens in the events of Legion it's likely this was not a true vision but only something Kilrogg shows you to demoralize you further. Since the Legion is beaten all way to the portal at the depths of the Tomb of Sargeras it seems unlikely they would be able to overwhelm Stormwind or the Undercity - and Khadgar relates that you've been fighting "for years" in the vision.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I like this idea alot but SP have oldgod artifact so it'd be weird as y'know Old gods wouldn't do that

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    During the encounter you get this call-out from Kilrogg:

After a time in that phase you're pulled back out to the main fight with Kilrogg. Given what happens in the events of Legion it's likely this was not a true vision but only something Kilrogg shows you to demoralize you further. Since the Legion is beaten all way to the portal at the depths of the Tomb of Sargeras it seems unlikely they would be able to overwhelm Stormwind or the Undercity - and Khadgar relates that you've been fighting "for years" in the vision.
    Thanks! I was also reading that people may have thought this was the vision from the AU versions of us losing to the Legion. Or that it was a corrupted vision as Kilrogg had lost his way. Would have been awesome if the vision was just us laying in bed with our loved ones around.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    I like this idea alot but SP have oldgod artifact so it'd be weird as y'know Old gods wouldn't do that
    They would if it benefited them in some way. The Old Gods are enemies of the Legion themselves and vastly more arrogant. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch for them to want to keep you alive to defeat the legion for them, especially if they believe they are corrupting/influencing you enough. imo anyway.
    Last edited by AcidicSyn; 2017-03-20 at 03:04 PM. Reason: spelling

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Don't think the kilrogg vision was true. That being said khadgar being killed by the end of legion (and a lot of other heroes) wouldn't surprise me

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think that the vision was accurate. If Kilrogg had the ability to grant mass death visions on a whim, why would he need to cut out his eye in order to view his own?

Deleted
    It does seem weird that the horde fights in undercity when at the time vol jin was warchief so you'd think we would fight somewhere in ogrimmar.
    I don't believe this scene will play out the way it did but maybe blizzard will allude to it or something.
    Also if it happens then its got to be in a questchain or something. I doubt any raid will take place in Stormwind and Undercity depending on what faction you are in.