Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    As an arcane mage, I'm planning on playing frost for most fights and arcane in AOE for 7-2. Arcane is looking to be the best AOE spec in 7-2. Arcane is already beating or close to fire on the AOE fights, and with a sizable buff to mark of Aluneth and echoing arcane explosions, it will be even further ahead.

Any speculation could end up being pointless though. They said in the last developer interview that they were going to do a tuning pass after 7-2, before they open ToS.

Quote Originally Posted by Huanak View Post
    I say Arcane. They should be best single target with controlable busrt.they usually weak on early expansion but scale really well with end game gear.
    People were saying the same thing before ToV and NH came out. We all saw how that worked out. Arcane even with a very strong tier set is still lack luster.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    What galls me is that I was all set to go Frost prior to legion launch but was talked out of it by the buzz on the forums about fire. Then I read Blizzard saying they would never nerf a leading spec to the point of unviability because of the nature of the Artifact system. I felt secure.

I do feel massively let down, with 54 fire traits, 2 Fire Legendaries and 3 generic legendaries. I can start putting together a Frost set from my Nighthold runs quickly enough, and as stated I'll use the targetting system to try and make sure I get the Frost gloves legendary.

Still...this stinks.
    It was funny that the spec they kept using as an example, fire, was just gutted for NH. Blizzard bit off more then they could chew with balancing the weapons for Legion.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Arcane has a very strong tier set? The 2 piece is good, but I don't even equip my 4 piece atm, do to better itemized higher ilvl pieces, and I still parse pretty high.

Not fire for sure, we're few weeks away from 7.2 and no official statement has been made on terrible state of fire (especially st), probably spec will be dead until next expansion
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Despite what people say, Fire will, barring substantial buffs which don't appear to be forthcoming, be the worst spec to go.

I'd recommend a Frost main-spec with Arcane off-spec.

All I know is its awesome to farm all the Legendaries for one spec which turns to total shit in Nighthold and looks like will continue being shit for 7.2 if set bonuses are anything to go by. I love Legion, don't you guys?

But honestly, I'm probably just gonna play my DH for tomb, at least they only have one set of legendaries to worry about.

There will be a balancing pass before ToS releases. Officially.

I read it on the homepage, can't find it now. I believe it was from a Q&A. One of the devs stated plainly 7.2 would release, time would pass, balancing pass, ToS releases.

All speculation at this point is moot because of this balancing pass. Who knows how that will end up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    There will be a balancing pass before ToS releases. Officially.

I read it on the homepage, can't find it now. I believe it was from a Q&A. One of the devs stated plainly 7.2 would release, time would pass, balancing pass, ToS releases.

All speculation at this point is moot because of this balancing pass. Who knows how that will end up.
    Here's hoping to a buff for most all of the ranged classes! We need it...

15+ Year Old Account
    Hello fellow Argghhh-mages, so after a lot of thinking and playing. I Switched from max-trait fire to arcane 32 traits. I regret not having it done sooner, my single target went up with 150% and my AoE damage is about 85% of my fire. Ilvl of both weapons are about the same.

The only thing I had to get used to is keeping up with the mana management and when to use arcane barrage.

happy mage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huanak View Post
    I say Arcane. They should be best single target with controlable busrt.they usually weak on early expansion but scale really well with end game gear.
    pretty sure frost out preforms arcane on ST.
    Last edited by mmocc941ae97de; 2017-03-21 at 05:02 PM.

I'd argue that until we see the notes for 7.2.5 we can't really guess what will work well for tomb. For 7.2 in Nighthold, it looks like Frost will still be your Single Target go-to and Fire for cleave.

Lets not forget fire was brilliant in 7.1 and was only brought to it's knees in the Nighthold class tuning mini patch.

Fingers crossed it's buffed again!

Quote Originally Posted by Zafu View Post
    I'd argue that until we see the notes for 7.2.5 we can't really guess what will work well for tomb. For 7.2 in Nighthold, it looks like Frost will still be your Single Target go-to and Fire for cleave.

Lets not forget fire was brilliant in 7.1 and was only brought to it's knees in the Nighthold class tuning mini patch.

Fingers crossed it's buffed again!
    You seem to be confusing cleave for aoe.

Mechanically ToS is 90% frost instance. How the numbers tuning ends up remains to be seen. Maybe they will make arcane top ST spec, happened before.

arcane needs a place at the sun. so root for buffs.

If history repeats (which I don't hope) then blizzard can change the balance between specs drastically before raid. Since there is plenty of time, im going to prepare all 3 specs (AP/relics).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Mechanically ToS is 90% frost instance. How the numbers tuning ends up remains to be seen. Maybe they will make arcane top ST spec, happened before.
    I hope so.
    I am investing a LOT on frost right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by faguoren View Post
    I hope so.
    I am investing a LOT on frost right now.
    i think a lot of ppl are doing that atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersh View Post
    Arcane has a very strong tier set? The 2 piece is good, but I don't even equip my 4 piece atm, do to better itemized higher ilvl pieces, and I still parse pretty high.
    4pc is a gameplay shift.. definitely really good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by celeris View Post
    pretty sure frost out preforms arcane on ST.
    I think so too.

I'd rather have a healing spec than fire in its actual shitterrible state
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    I'd rather have a healing spec than fire in its actual shitterrible state
    it wouldnt be such a problem if there were fights where aoe mattered more or where there is an increased amount of aoe, but atm its a ST and cleave dpsfest which fire is extremely bad at, fire atm is balanced around its aoe capability, problem is that the one thing fire is good at use useless for the vast majority of the fights in the current content, atm id be more than happy if blizz would nerf our aoe by 25% and its ST dps by a similar amount, atleast then fire would be useful again and do equivalent dps to other classes.