Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Zones feeling alive and remaining relevant beyond leveling >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> making sure people aren't "annoyed" with them tbf. I say that as a pro-flying.

- - - Updated - - -

There doesn't need to be more incentive than people actually having to stay grounded to finish objectives for rewards. It worked for all those years that WoW had flying before WoD came along and the devs were looking for scapegoats for cutting corners.
    Exactly.

Generally I don't mind Suramar all that much, however this no flying thing is really nothing more than an excuse to make content try and drag out as long as it can. Call it what ever you want, but at the end of the day I don't find any of this any more or less enjoyable because of no flying. If the content is good, it's good, regardless of flying.

I look at something like World Quests, and while it hasn't bothered me to do them without flying, it has added zero to the game play. I skip everything I want to skip either way ( shadowmeld ftw), flying just means I will use less kites, flyers and slow falls. Woohoo losing a bunch there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    The zone doesn't waste time more than any other zone. You get pulled out of your mask, oh no? Continue running through them [LW Barding before the daze excuse gets thrown around] or kill them as if they were any other mob in any other zone. Hell you even get grappling hooks if you look up to jump around buildings. If you get no reward, then don't do it? Is that not obvious to you "flyers"?
    rofl bullshit. it absolutely does get incredibly more time wasting, the east side of the city is the biggest waste of time since Timeless isle. sure if you stay on the very edge of the west side its about the same as other zones, but the further east you creep, the more time you have to waste killing pointless shit that does not reward you with anything for your time.

you might quickly think, if its not rewarding me why do it? right? well why add it if i dont want to see it?

as an artist and developer wouldnt you want me to enjoy the stuff you create? id love to experience it, really i would, but if you expect me to donate my time to it, then give me a rewarding experience.

no, most of what blizzard creates is not rewarding after the first very few times thru it. they need to be shown that you can catch more flies with honey. make these things rewarding and more people will do them, and if its really fun, they will do them on alts just because of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Exactly.

Generally I don't mind Suramar all that much, however this no flying thing is really nothing more than an excuse to make content try and drag out as long as it can. Call it what ever you want, but at the end of the day I don't find any of this any more or less enjoyable because of no flying. If the content is good, it's good, regardless of flying.
    exactly. however, Suramar isnt good. its a bunch of pointless mobs that doesnt reward enough for the amount of time they consume due to mob density.

the zone itself would have been fine, if the east side of the city didnt exist.

its just not a satisfying and rewarding experience going to that side.

and the same habit repeats itself all over WoW since MoP at least. ~restrict flying so that players have to slog thru these pointless mobs every damn day for weeks on end! ~

seriously, its mostly fine for the first time or 3 in those areas, but since repeating dailies and WQ's are the main point for end game non raids.. its an obnoxious time wasting situation that rewards vendor fodder for your insane time sinks.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2017-03-19 at 04:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    rofl bullshit. it absolutely does get incredibly more time wasting, the east side of the city is the biggest waste of time since Timeless isle. sure if you stay on the very edge of the west side its about the same as other zones, but the further east you creep, the more time you have to waste killing pointless shit that does not reward you with anything for your time.

you might quickly think, if its not rewarding me why do it? right? well why add it if i dont want to see it?

as an artist and developer wouldnt you want me to enjoy the stuff you create? id love to experience it, really i would, but if you expect me to donate my time to it, then give me a rewarding experience.

no, most of what blizzard creates is not rewarding after the first very few times thru it. they need to be shown that you can catch more flies with honey. make these things rewarding and more people will do them, and if its really fun, they will do them on alts just because of it.

exactly. however, Suramar isnt good. its a bunch of pointless mobs that doesnt reward enough for the amount of time they consume due to mob density.

the zone itself would have been fine, if the east side of the city didnt exist.

its just not a satisfying and rewarding experience going to that side.

and the same habit repeats itself all over WoW since MoP at least. ~restrict flying so that players have to slog thru these pointless mobs every damn day for weeks on end! ~

seriously, its mostly fine for the first time or 3 in those areas, but since repeating dailies and WQ's are the main point for end game non raids.. its an obnoxious time wasting situation that rewards vendor fodder for your insane time sinks.
    Literally all your logic is based on you doing it even if you don't like it, so don't do it and stop being so salty over it. Once you've done the questline once you don't have to go back, ever. It blows my mind how people like you think http://i.imgur.com/IH4fZyx.gif?1

10+ Year Old Account
    Literally all your logic is based on you doing it even if you don't like it, so don't do it and stop being so salty over it. Once you've done the questline once you don't have to go back, ever. It blows my mind how people like you think http://i.imgur.com/IH4fZyx.gif?1
    haha, thats all you could think of to say? if you actually cant understand something like my post, you are better off just leaving the thread and being quiet.
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

haha, thats all you could think of to say? if you actually cant understand something like my post, you are better off just leaving the thread and being quiet.
    I understand it fully, you clearly can't comprehend not doing something that has no reward for you.

7+ Year Old Account
    you dont get it, because you dont understand how having a zone with ridiculous mobs that offer no reward and are just there to waste your time as much as possible... is the exact thing people that enjoy flying are sick of.
    As someone who walked til lvl 40, lost a bag slot for ammo, had to feed a pet to keep it happy, and who could not afford flight for almost 2 months after hitting max level, I enjoy zones that are new and interesting. That said, they are only new and interesting until you have seen everything. Personally, I always felt each zone should unlock flight when you had the Exploration achieve, and Quest achieve for said zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand it fully, you clearly can't comprehend not doing something that has no reward for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
    As someone who walked til lvl 40, lost a bag slot for ammo, had to feed a pet to keep it happy, and who could not afford flight for almost 2 months after hitting max level, I enjoy zones that are new and interesting. That said, they are only new and interesting until you have seen everything. Personally, I always felt each zone should unlock flight when you had the Exploration achieve, and Quest achieve for said zone.
    exactly. and thats what the person above cant seem to figure out.

i am fine with doing the content once or twice without flying... but blizzard makes dailies and WQ's thats forced repeatable content if you want to progress in any meaningful way, thus you have to slog thru the unrewarding mobs just to finish a piddly quest to get rep or something.

there isnt an alternative to this. grinding a raid... fine do it every week until you bis your gear. but questing and world stuff shouldnt have the grind... if it does have the grind, then give us flying to get around the pointless mobs that are there for no other reason than to waste your time.

exactly. and thats what the person above cant seem to figure out.

i am fine with doing the content once or twice without flying... but blizzard makes dailies and WQ's thats forced repeatable content if you want to progress in any meaningful way, thus you have to slog thru the unrewarding mobs just to finish a piddly quest to get rep or something.

there isnt an alternative to this. grinding a raid... fine do it every week until you bis your gear. but questing and world stuff shouldnt have the grind... if it does have the grind, then give us flying to get around the pointless mobs that are there for no other reason than to waste your time.
    I'm sorry, but don't talk shit. You think I haven't "figured" something out because I don't agree with you that flying should be so easily available to ruin content and other parts of the game after you've played through a zone? Completely ruin multiple parts of the game just because you're too lazy to walk through mobs to do a quest you don't even need to do any more, but use as an excuse or reason to add flying?

Unless you're going to add something to this conversation stop replying and go play in the no-flying thread where other people who ignore other people's opinions are lurking. This thread has been answered and no longer needs to keep being bumped for your petty arguments.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2017-03-20 at 02:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, but don't talk shit. You think I haven't "figured" something out because I don't agree with you that flying should be so easily available to ruin content and other parts of the game after you've played through a zone? Completely ruin multiple parts of the game just because you're too lazy to walk through mobs to do a quest you don't even need to do any more, but use as an excuse or reason to add flying?
    i said you havent figured something out because of your post that illustrates how you chose to try and belittle me instead of offering any sort of rational explanation or opinion of stuff.

i dont agree with your opinion so YOU need to deal with that just as much as i do.

you fail to realize that thanks to dailies... I DO NEED TO DO THESE THINGS, and i cant just "not do them anymore" like you suggest. stop living in your bubble and realize that the content is fun 1-3 times. BUT, anywhere dailies exist, the content does not remain fun for as long as those dailies are expected to be considered relevant.

going a step further, that same content is not anywhere near fun or engaging, it is boring, unrewarding content.

how does the experience get ruined if i fly over something after its irrelevant? answer? it doesnt. you are trying to force that opinion onto me. if i dont need to do it, i wont. and flying doesnt change that at all. sorry buddy, you lose here.

how does the content get ruined if i walked thru it the first couple of times, realized what it had to offer and realized 95% of the mobs in my way are just that, artificially in my to waste time? answer? it doesnt. i saw it, as intended already. just as you were worried about. now, let me skip ahead to the good part and be done. this is only an insignificant part of a larger goal, something that has many parts. again, you lose here.

im not trying to "be lazy" and skip out on the first walkthrough. i dont even want to skip it on alts, but if you are going to be a developer and create something that offers me little to no reward, yet is required to complete larger more time consuming content, then give me a way to skip over that after the first time.. ie: where dailies/WQ's are concerned.

i, as a player agree with you, the narrow minded, that i should experience the content on the ground... THE FIRST TIME. if you want me to go back there, let me have flight. (WQ's or Dailies take you pick of terms) means i have to go back, a lot.

pick a quest area, any quest area since Cata.. did all of those mobs need to exist to give your time enjoyment? answer: no. you could have had the same amount of fun and excitement without most of those mobs.. or if those mobs rewarded you properly for the time spent.

Unless you're going to add something to this conversation stop replying and go play in the no-flying thread where other people who ignore other people's opinions are lurking. This thread has been answered and no longer needs to keep being bumped for your petty arguments.
    you are the one that said you cant understand a different opinion from your own. you literally said you cant understand how i could have the thoughts and feelings that i do. thats because you are to narrow minded to see things from a different view.

so you are the one that is trolling intentionally here, and would do well to either ignore me, or stop trying to be the hero of the thread and show all us proflying groups how wrong we are, because you are wrong.

i have done my best to explain to you the difference. you are now ignored because you are unwilling to see things different from your narrow view.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2017-03-20 at 03:32 AM.

If it has no reward, it HAS to be fun or else people do not want to do it. We are playing a GAME after all. Entertain me or GTFO... and Blizzard has simply lost passion and creativity for this game and now rely heavily on grind, gating and artificial methods of slowing players consumption of content down.

WoW is dead... to me.

I like Suramar, except for the constant illusion breakers and patrols in the areas where you need to fight making it a nightmare to do some of the quests.

Highmountain on the other hand, while I know there are plenty of paths and flightpaths and the zone is gorgeous...when I'm out just trying to do a World Quest or World Boss or something in a zone I've been in 1000 times, I don't need or want to see the scenery again for the sake "immersion" or whatever, I just want to get where I want to go and do what I came there to do and gtfo.

Flying, IMO, can't come soon enough to this expansion...I'm on my fifth character to 110, which I'm sure is a low number compared to many, but it's boring af going through the same zones, same stories, same dodging of mobs just to get to the quest objective...when all I want is to see the class hall quest chains for each class.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    If it has no reward, it HAS to be fun or else people do not want to do it. We are playing a GAME after all. Entertain me or GTFO... and Blizzard has simply lost passion and creativity for this game and now rely heavily on grind, gating and artificial methods of slowing players consumption of content down.

WoW is dead... to me.
    I completely agree, but you can't expect the same content to always be fun or rewarding. Surumar is rewarding as you get a lot from it, and after you've done it you don't need to keep doing anything there. Fun is obviously subjective so, there's not much point discussing that part for a zone.

You have 2 hearths and a flying pickup every 3 mins.

Use them
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

ruin content
    As always, "flying" in title of a thread, regardless of context, reignites the war.

Regardless, about "ruining content" - first, what does that even mean? Trivialise it? I'd argue that it does not, not anywhere in the Isles have I found a place where it would. At best, it makes your personal experiance worse, for your own reasons.

Using something as an excuse to add flying - do you actually need an excuse to wish they reintoduced a feature you love? For many people, me included, flying was an integral part of the game that I enjoyed. You don't need an excuse to want it back after it's been removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    As always, "flying" in title of a thread, regardless of context, reignites the war.

Regardless, about "ruining content" - first, what does that even mean? Trivialise it? I'd argue that it does not, not anywhere in the Isles have I found a place where it would. At best, it makes your personal experiance worse, for your own reasons.

Using something as an excuse to add flying - do you actually need an excuse to wish they reintoduced a feature you love? For many people, me included, flying was an integral part of the game that I enjoyed. You don't need an excuse to want it back after it's been removed.
    Excuse or reason*

It ruins anything that was meant to be fought through, and it also ruins any sort of WPvP. Obviously that's another side from a minority, though. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy flying because it makes everything just quicker and easier. But for what it also takes away from the game I'd personally side with Blizzard and keep it out until the content has been done and people are no longer in the zones, which usually means the last patch or so, or when a new zone (Tanaan, Timeless, IoT, etc) comes out, where Flying tends to be disabled anyway.

Excuse or reason*

It ruins anything that was meant to be fought through, and it also ruins any sort of WPvP. Obviously that's another side from a minority, though. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy flying because it makes everything just quicker and easier. But for what it also takes away from the game I'd personally side with Blizzard and keep it out until the content has been done and people are no longer in the zones, which usually means the last patch or so, or when a new zone (Tanaan, Timeless, IoT, etc) comes out, where Flying tends to be disabled anyway.
    I'm actually fine with the situation we are in, Flying will come out soon and we will fly in all the content that we explored before. Myself, I'd rather see the first part of Pathfinder giving back flying, since in order to get it you must complete most of world content anyway, but flying in 7.2 is a fine middle ground.

Still, as a fan of flying in WoW, I just can't recall times when it actually ruined anything. On the contrary, in BC and WotLK it was used as means of reaching even more content, Mists had a whole faction devouted to flying etc. For me, it should be treated as a feature again, not an obstacle developers are fighting against players about.

I completely agree, but you can't expect the same content to always be fun or rewarding. Surumar is rewarding as you get a lot from it, and after you've done it you don't need to keep doing anything there. Fun is obviously subjective so, there's not much point discussing that part for a zone.
    And I agree with you as well. Which si why content, at max level should be "ala carte"... do what you LIKE to do, not everything because you HAVE to.

For me, flying around for hours mining and herbing was satisfying... was it "fun" or "engaging"... no. But it was satisfying... and therefore enjoyable and worth a monthly sub. I had choice... sometimes I would log in and run dungeons, other times I would go farm leather, and often I would tire of the "engaging combat" and simply want to fly around and farm materials. Yet it was still productive and grew/progressed my characters.

That pretty much is gone now. And so is my desire to log in. Thus my 6 month absence. To me, not having flying in game at max level ruined... literally ruined the game for me.

Any addon or macro to check where you are as for as completion prior to launch?