15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    No, I remember your whining from a WoW thread as well. Everywhere I saw you, you give the same message: "This game is crap, the developers are shit, but I'm gonna play this game to understand just how shitty it is".

And no, you don't have any clue about the industry. If you did, you wouldn't have to resort to "I'm more experienced than you, so deal with it" crap.
    I mean i quit because the raids were bad. Go ahead and look at my post history and tell me when was the last time i even posted in a wow thread though. Also you don't even associate with the other half of the game industry so i sure as fuck know more than you

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    You literally called that conversation shit in your post, that is another fact. Your entire post was implying it was a bad game. From a section of dialogue from a player driven conversation for a single romance of a single character that was intended to be awkward.
    One conversation =/= the whole game. Do i really need to point this out to you?

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    AAA PC games are now mostly console ports, and the devs don't bother to optimize on PC. PC version may have more graphics customization sliders on the surface, but they mostly perform the same. That's why we often see those PC/Xbone/PS4 comparison videos and see they are near identical most of the time.

How can you say that with a straight face when you didn't even know whether Manveer Heir was a writer or a designer, and claim to know why the doctors left Bioware, when all they've stated were their own personal reasons.
    I admitted​ my mistake twice and i wasn't even the one who talked about the founders. 読んでください.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2017-03-20 at 03:05 PM.

So I was never able to get into a mass effect game before but andromeda intrigued me. I got EA access to try it out and damn the game was fun.

So I binged mass effect 2 and parts of 3 over the weekend. Those games are genuinely weak in regards to gameplay. Like utter shit. Writing is equal to andromeda from what I could tell. The EXACT same "dead eyes" problem existed in them. The animations were lame as shit.

I understand gamers are the biggest bitches on the internet but honestly I can't wrap my head around people praising those games and hating on this one except that games by other companies did animations or writing better.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    So I was never able to get into a mass effect game before but andromeda intrigued me. I got EA access to try it out and damn the game was fun.

So I binged mass effect 2 and parts of 3 over the weekend. Those games are genuinely weak in regards to gameplay. Like utter shit. Writing is equal to andromeda from what I could tell. The EXACT same "dead eyes" problem existed in them. The animations were lame as shit.

I understand gamers are the biggest bitches on the internet but honestly I can't wrap my head around people praising those games and hating on this one except that games by other companies did animations or writing better.
    Yeah say what you will about Andromeda but it is easily the best in the series when it comes to combat.

Reviews don't really mean much of anything to me, I hardly ever read or watch reviews before I purchase something and I haven't really been truly disappointed in any of my purchases thus far. About the only time I pay attention to reviews is if it is for a product that costs several hundred dollars like lets say a vacuum cleaner or some kind of appliance for my home, that's when I want to make sure that I'm buying a good product that's not going to fall apart on me soon after I get it. From the gameplay I've seen of Andromeda I think I'm going to really like it, I did playthrough Inquisition twice and plan on doing it again a third time after all and a lot of people hate that game.
    Last edited by Smitzelplix; 2017-03-20 at 03:32 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    oh it is. having gone to EA help site - its worse. the googleplay store requirements are wrong. you need to have android 6.01 or later to be able to run it. apparently. given how much of said audience is going to be playing on console, assuming that htey have the latest phone models is... questionable. oh well.
    Android 6.01 is not the "latest phone models". The latest would be on 7.0 by now. It all depends on your phone carrier and/or manufacturer though on how quickly they support it. That you could always try running it through third-party installs. It by passes the google play store and might run on other versions. It might not run well but unless they hard coded it into the app it should at least run.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm reserving judgement until I see what my favorite YouTube content creators think. I really enjoyed the original trilogy so I'll likely end up playing it eventually, but it may end up being a sale purchase if it doesn't look solid. I've barely seen any prerelease footage or photos, so I'm not basing anything on the marketing stuff, and I don't put much stock in traditional media reviews. I really didn't enjoy Dragon Age 3 and quit playing after around 10 hours, so if it's more of the same I'll likely pass on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post

Same reason Vanilla WoW is the best WoW has even been and every expansion after that had been utter unplayable shit.

ME A as one good thing going, it makes me3 look better.

Deleted
    guys we know that the reaper had harvested the shit out of milk way galaxy. so what about other galaxy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by despotar View Post
    guys we know that the reaper had harvested the shit out of milk way galaxy. so what about other galaxy?
    Wait, what? The canon ending of ME3 is that they harvested us?

Releases tonight, I can't waiaiaiiaiaaiititttt

WORST GAME EVER 0/10!!!

I'm genuinely curious, how does pouring liquids look in Witcher 3 or other games which are oh-so-much-more better than ME:A?

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    How many Milky Way races come from the same star cluster (behind one major relay in the Galaxy Map)? Most species needed several Relay jumps before they met other sapient life. Mass Relays made the galaxy smaller, and made it possible for many different species to interact way faster than they would without them. Andromeda doesn't have Mass Relays and travelling half way across the Galaxy with just FTL is big undertaking that takes years, so it's no wonder that the Heleus cluster is less diverse than the whole of Milky Way.

I'm not saying I'm not dissapointed to see only one local species (AFAIK, the Kett too are invaders to the cluster, leaving only Angarra as natives) but atleast it does make some sense.
    That's a fair point. I hadn't considered it.

However, if Andromeda's technology is nowhere near Milky Way's, shouldn't the Andromeda Initiative have no difficulty mowing the bads down?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Same reason Vanilla WoW is the best WoW has even been and every expansion after that had been utter unplayable shit.
    You liar, everyone knows that TBC was the best.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    However, if Andromeda's technology is nowhere near Milky Way's, shouldn't the Andromeda Initiative have no difficulty mowing the bads down?
    No issue there
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2017-03-20 at 04:45 PM.

Yep. The early access + reviews have persuaded me not to get this.

Seems like the DA2 of Mass Effect.
    Shame as I was a massive fan of the original trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Well, now that full reviews have come out, there is one element of the game that is indeed quite disappointing.

Other than the Kett and the Angaran, there are no other sapient races introduced. That's pretty disappointing. We go to a new galaxy, only to have most of the characters we talk to be from the milky way? Its plot-inconsistent too, because the milky way was constantly harvested by the reapers to prevent technological development, and yet the milky way produced dozens of spacefaring species, but only 2 races have managed to do so in andromeda?. Granted, we only explore exclusively the Heleus Cluster of the galaxy, that's a pretty limited section so it could justify the more limited line-up, but it still ends up feeling like a let-down.
    This is incorrect, the reapers and the AI Catalyst w/e intentionally left behind technology to speed up the development of technology so that the races would create machines faster, and they could in turn release the reapers ( leviathans ) quicker to prevent the machine revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Android 6.01 is not the "latest phone models". The latest would be on 7.0 by now. It all depends on your phone carrier and/or manufacturer though on how quickly they support it. That you could always try running it through third-party installs. It by passes the google play store and might run on other versions. It might not run well but unless they hard coded it into the app it should at least run.
    its still new enough that according to this https://developer.android.com/about/...rds/index.html only about a third of android users has it as their OS version (and only about 3% have 7.0). I'd rather not bother with third party installs. from my experience with mass effect infiltrator, its unlikely to run anyways even if i did try.

i HOPE.. that they will come to their damn senses and either expand it to more OS versions or at least put out a web browser version like they eventually did with galaxy at war (of course THAT took them what... nearly a year? so... yeah, my hopes are not really up all that much)

edited to add. i stand corrected. and impressed. they have updated it to work with older OS versions.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2017-03-20 at 06:37 PM.

Gonna play on the 23rd, decided to get a 1060 and go to 16g RAM (should arrive just on time) because my 960 and 8g RAM were starting to get a little weak.

So i basically made Cell Ryder?

A few fashion choices away from the Doom marine if i can mix the right armor pieces. Doom 1 even.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Yep. The early access + reviews have persuaded me not to get this.

Seems like the DA2 of Mass Effect.
    Shame as I was a massive fan of the original trilogy.
    I really loved DA2 for the Hawke character, bashing of DA2 always makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    That's semantic bullshit. The Quality in QA is not the quality you think it is. it has nothing to do with beauty of art, smoothness of animations, etc.
    It's all about TECHNICAL quality. You know bugs, crashes, that sorta stuff
    The saving thing to me is quite the bug.. well if it is one.