Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispirit View Post
    I get that they don't want to make micro holidays mandatory to look at or anything but i dunno, might want to give some sort of incentive if 85% of players didn't give a damn about Un'goro Madness.
    My first event i partook in was the Diablo event, never going to do another event with CRZ in the game. Such a cluster fuck doing it and these mini events are no different, i think it's half the reason why people don't do it, along with what you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanname View Post
    Funny to see statistic for that Un'goro event. I remember even since Wotlk people saying that they play only for fun, not for loot, calling other "loot whores" if they said they went 20th time on raid because of loot, not because its fun. Now if you look on statistic for that event which is only pure fun and totally new (so no 20th time) there is very little people who actually care (although some might simply have missed the event). That is the truth, not people saying pretty words while not being anonymous.
    Honestly, I don't think that's a fair comparison what so ever.

1) Wrath and raiding, (and for myself currently), I raided for fun, I raided with people that I liked spending time with. The loot was needed to stay relevant, so I can keep playing with them. Every single item I needed in wrath was on a wait list (DKP system), hell even when it was my turn, if we had new raiders with less gear, I'd often give them it, I had my 4 piece bonus, I was next in line for shards for shadowmourne I was happy. Anyways my point being on this one, to keep having fun, you need the loot, they go hand in hand. Don't get loot = Fall behind = Hold team up = Benched

2) I agree we shouldn't get raid type loot in these micro holidays, but I think it's plain ridiculous to have something ingame, where there's no sort of reward. I really don't care what it could have been, a pet, a mount, a toy to change you into a raptor or even cosmetic items or on use effect items with hilarious effects, think of the ape in the bubble type one.

Personally, I thought the AQ event was great, if I had my way I'd of re released the black scarab for one person per server and a handful of scarab titles. But even just flying the colours for the year, that was a great little idea.

So yes, I didn't do it because there was no type of reward, I thought it was pretty pointless, there is so much to do in legion currently, that if you want to introduce things like, you need to given the player base a incentive to do it. Raids? we get loot to show off, exclusive mounts and titles. Timewalking, we get stupidly high gear for stupidly easy content - we also get a cache with rewards us with a 875 + item for doing 5. Everything else in wow has a reward system of some kind, and I don't think theres anything wrong with that. But just because I'm getting a reward for something, doesn't mean it can't be fun.

Deleted
    Micro holiday is a very nice thing to add . But most of the wow community wont lift a finger if there is no reward involved .
    Doesn't have to be much , a stupid achievement would add 50% more players involved .
    It really surprises me that blizzard did not know this .
    Are these devs all newbies or just lazy ?
    Last edited by mmoc2469da80bf; 2017-03-20 at 10:51 AM.

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    The micro holidays were implemented as a sneaky way to introduce mob auto scaling. They upscaled the Twilight Cultists during the Silithus event and then never returned them back to original levels, which is what they have done now to Devilsaurs. They will keep having these micro holidays until each old world zone has at lease a mob that auto scales.

The Un'goro event was ok, but I thought some aspects of it were way too reliant on having a healer. If the boss happened to have that poison aoe adaptation, you were guaranteed to die if you didn't have a healer, because it was unavoidable. That's just dumb in this day and age where they facilitate not having to group up. Since there was no real point to doing the event, it shouldn't require grouping up.
    Last edited by Jasper Kazai; 2017-03-20 at 01:02 PM.

Deleted
    Do you know if we can store AP and use it in 7.2?

AP Grinding is a huge problem in the game currently.

So their fix?

More traits = more AP grinding.

Quote Originally Posted by Pablito89 View Post
    Do you know if we can store AP and use it in 7.2?
    Nope, your current Artifact Power items won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by familiar View Post
    A lot of things changed in Blizzard since then, and the current development team is struggling to came up with fun things to do, that's why everything boils down to mindless grind nowadays.
    i think you missed the point....
    blizz added something that is just fun, no reward, yet no one does it

I thought they were getting rid of the 20 point damage boost artifact trait. On the 7.2 artifact calculator that is linked in the post, both the new and the old damage boost traits are there? Is this the new version?

Quote Originally Posted by kidstechno View Post
    AP Grinding is a huge problem in the game currently.

So their fix?

More traits = more AP grinding.
    the fix for AP is making AP bassicly no point in farming it once you get to the new paragon
    and AK is being doubled, brought to 50

10+ Year Old Account
    Biggest one for my guild is forgetting to NOT RELEASE on a wipe. Even though we remind people not to because we have a brez/pylon, at least 3 people still do.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    micro holidays without a reward to collect are a waste of time for the players and the devs!
    Fun is it's own reward.

Quote Originally Posted by dankhart View Post
    I thought they were getting rid of the 20 point damage boost artifact trait. On the 7.2 artifact calculator that is linked in the post, both the new and the old damage boost traits are there? Is this the new version?
    A new 50 point paragon trait is added. Concordance of the Legionfall. It increases your primary stat by 2000 for 10 seconds, going up with every point.
    Last edited by Elennoko; 2017-03-20 at 06:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Fun is it's own reward.
    Tried them twice and it was basically nothing to do except kill some mobs - really don't get how they're supposed to be fun. More fun to just keep doing the stuff I usually do like dungeons or raids. As I heard the dino thing was just dinos scaled to your level and if you killed them you got a temporary buff - not enough to make me bother to even fly down there and I guess a lot of people felt the same.
    Last edited by mmoce193b9fd19; 2017-03-20 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by liangdar View Post
    Tried them twice and it was basically nothing to do except kill some mobs - really don't get how they're supposed to be fun. More fun to just keep doing the stuff I usually do like dungeons or raids. As I heard the dino thing was just dinos scaled to your level and if you killed them you got a temporary buff - not enough to make me bother to even fly down there and I guess a lot of people felt the same.
    I was moreso responding to the point that doing things without a reward is a waste of time

Deleted
    I was moreso responding to the point that doing things without a reward is a waste of time
    And I meant that things, that are neither really fun nor rewarding are an actual waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by familiar View Post
    A lot of things changed in Blizzard since then, and the current development team is struggling to came up with fun things to do, that's why everything boils down to mindless grind nowadays.
    Hard to believe they can't come up with more ideas for the Darkmoon Faire.

"Fun" is a moving target, tho - some players might like puzzles, some might like running around UnGoro for shits and giggles, some might like chasing easter eggs around town. They're trying stuff, which is better than nothing - how many years did the holiday events get untouched and un-updated?

Overall, it's just more of the devs isolating everything into it's proper box. Can't get any sort of player progression or edge, or the raiders will cry because their raid leaders will force them to run it, so everything in the "holiday" box has to be meaningless or short-lived, as a reward.

But then, on the other hand, they spend a lot of time making a fun puzzle set like the hidden artifact skins, and everyone throws a fit because they can't read exactly how to do it with no effort and get it done in 5 minutes.

Nobody can win, not the devs, not the players, nobody.

One of my favorite pets was the wolf puppy, that you got from the cave outside blackrock, and you had to catch one in UBRS during a boss encounter. Love to see them do more stuff like that. No, wait, not in today's game environment. "Hey, I need to catch a pup here!" "GTFO newb dont slow us down" *You have been removed from the party*

Yeah, I'm cynical. Sue me.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know about that. Back in vanilla, we did all kinds of goofy things, just for the fun of it - and those times are the ones I remember the most.

Granted, the game these days is all about "stuff", where other players might as well be AI, for all of the interaction going on. The only time people seemed to want to talk to others, back when I played, was to show off "stuff" or shitpost in chat.

I guess the view on the hamster wheel is different, huh? Gotta keep running! What? Stop running and do something that doesn't move the wheel? Crazy talk!

Quote Originally Posted by liangdar View Post
    And I meant that things, that are neither really fun nor rewarding are an actual waste of time.
    Fun is subjective.

People can do things for fun without a carrot dangled in front of them.

Subscription members are probably low but not as low as WOD. Probably a ton of mentally imbalanced people that are addicted to the dopamine high of playing this game are going to complain about AP but keep playing the game.

Most of the rest will just quit. Adios Blizzard. F*** you and turning this game into a Diablo-esque mediocre grind.