10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting clip from Mike Mayock about Trubisky: https://twitter.com/MikeMayock/statu...89675696734208

I knew Mayock was high on him, but that kind of explains why he is. It also probably explains why Trubisky is likely going in the first 10 picks late April despite only having like 1 year of actual production.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Interesting clip from Mike Mayock about Trubisky: https://twitter.com/MikeMayock/statu...89675696734208

I knew Mayock was high on him, but that kind of explains why he is. It also probably explains why Trubisky is likely going in the first 10 picks late April despite only having like 1 year of actual production.
    I've heard good things about him from seahawks twitter too. Serviceable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dwight Clark has announced he has ALS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Dwight Clark has announced he has ALS.

[video=youtube_share;Plt2ow0A0-Y]https://youtu.be/Plt2ow0A0-Y[video]
    I heard that, that sucks. So many NFL guys hit by it.

In lighter news, it seems NFL Security and the freaking FBI managed to find and recover Tom Brady's Superbowl 51 jersey.....AND his Superbowl 49 Jersey, which apparently was ALSO stolen and pawned by the same individual outside of the US (which is why the FBI had to get involved).

More details are supposed to come out soon, but that's pretty wild.

- - - Updated - - -

There you go. Both jerseys recovered from an Internationally accredited journalist.

What a weird development.

- - - Updated - - -

ProFootball Talk (a.k.a. Mike Florio) seems positively DELIGHTED with this development. He's been keeping this story in the news every chance he got and in this particular news story he's already announcing that he has some follow up thoughts about questions the NFL should be asking themselves.

Love or hate Florio, but at least he goes after the NFL on issues without holding back, unlike some sports news networks and journalists.

Having those jerseys really had no value, even though they valued them over $500k or some shit. lol

Can't sell them, can't show anyone them.

But good on them for finding them, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfakennyone View Post
    Having those jerseys really had no value, even though they valued them over $500k or some shit. lol

Can't sell them, can't show anyone them.

But good on them for finding them, I guess.
    I'm just absolutely stunned it was an international journalist that apparently nabbed them. I can see there being a black market for it in the US, but who the hell would buy these jerseys abroad at that price? I mean, I'm a dirty foreigner and I like Football, but there can't possibly be much of a market for it compared to what it would be worth to American sports collectors.

Just really curious, all of it.

I'm just absolutely stunned it was an international journalist that apparently nabbed them. I can see there being a black market for it in the US, but who the hell would buy these jerseys abroad at that price? I mean, I'm a dirty foreigner and I like Football, but there can't possibly be much of a market for it compared to what it would be worth to American sports collectors.
    Possibly easier to sell outside of the US? Doubt other countires law enforcement would care as much if they heard that a possibly stolen american football jersey was being sold there. I could also see it being a real possiblity if you are buying half a million plus dollar of stolen gear you wouldnt care much about having to take a trip out of the US to get it so doubt him being international means Americans couldnt have bought it, if he was trying to sell it. Which considering he still had 49 makes me think he possibly wasnt planning on selling them, but keeping them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit. Apparently the Broncos believe that this same guy is responsible for taking Von Miller's helmet and cleats after SB 50.

This story gets more bonkers by the minute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. Apparently the Broncos also suspect this guy of stealing Von Miller's jersey and cleats from SB50

10+ Year Old Account
    Somebody on nfl network (Silver?) had made a joke about everything being the same guy's fault a week or two ago, I guess he was right!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Somebody on nfl network (Silver?) had made a joke about everything being the same guy's fault a week or two ago, I guess he was right!?
    That would be the first time Silver's been right about anything in years, and it would have been on accident. Figures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit. Apparently the Broncos believe that this same guy is responsible for taking Von Miller's helmet and cleats after SB 50.

This story gets more bonkers by the minute.
    I wonder if they got anything from SB48 as well. Pretty crazy. Will be interesting to figure out how they pulled it off.

10+ Year Old Account
    How the hell does no one notice you leaving the lockerroom with this stuff?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    I wonder if they got anything from SB48 as well. Pretty crazy. Will be interesting to figure out how they pulled it off.
    From a report I read earlier, in Superbowl LI, he just walked into the lockerroom behind Belichick, like he belonged in there. Later walked out with something under his arm. Simple as that. No one stopped him or questioned him.

Mindboggling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I see him ending up in jail for awhile.

I also see teams cracking down on allowing the media in the locker room

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Well I see him ending up in jail for awhile.

I also see teams cracking down on allowing the media in the locker room
    But that's the thing. He didn't actually do it during the media portion. From what I can tell he got in the area using a real (but falsely given) media credential, but then basically just bullshitted his way in, during a time when media weren't allowed in yet and it was just players and coaches heading in to change or drop some stuff and get phones.

The mindblowing thing is that he apparently did this 2, or even 3 times, and if there hadn't been this stink raised about Brady's jersey, then maybe he would have still not been caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    How the hell does no one notice you leaving the lockerroom with this stuff?
    Probably one of those act like you are supposed to be there and won't get noticed things. Especially in a chaotic environment, you won't get questioned if you don't stick out. If anyone did see him with the items leaving, they could very well have thought he was supposed to be doing it.

Happens all the time in motorsports with fans getting into restricted areas. I remember seeing that a fan just casually walking into a restricted media area and did an interview with the media thinking he was the winning engineer in some series a year or 2 ago without the media members or security even questioning it until other members of the team showed up.
    Last edited by Grube; 2017-03-20 at 05:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Te'o close to signing with the Saints.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Te'o close to signing with the Saints.
    Interesting. Another so-so LB you have to hope pans out. Have to figure the Saints hit on one of them at some point.

Honestly though, it's not like the free agent LB group was anything to cheer about. It was Hightower, Zach Brown and then mostly guys that are fairly interchangeable talent level, just have to find the right fit for the system you run. Saints did fairly well picking up Te'o, if it's for the kind of deal I suspect it will be (small and short) though. Definitely an upgrade over Laurenatis from last year.

- - - Updated - - -

Sooooooo, apparently the Competition Comittee is contemplating reducing the Overtime period in pre-season and regular season to 10 min instead of 15 min. Post season would stay 15 min.

Cause those 5 min less will really do anything. And having 2 different measures for OT won't be really confusing. Uh-huh.

Have to wonder what the hell those guys are smoking at times. What's even the purpose here?

Interesting. Another so-so LB you have to hope pans out. Have to figure the Saints hit on one of them at some point.

Honestly though, it's not like the free agent LB group was anything to cheer about. It was Hightower, Zach Brown and then mostly guys that are fairly interchangeable talent level, just have to find the right fit for the system you run. Saints did fairly well picking up Te'o, if it's for the kind of deal I suspect it will be (small and short) though. Definitely an upgrade over Laurenatis from last year.

- - - Updated - - -

Sooooooo, apparently the Competition Comittee is contemplating reducing the Overtime period in pre-season and regular season to 10 min instead of 15 min. Post season would stay 15 min.

Cause those 5 min less will really do anything. And having 2 different measures for OT won't be really confusing. Uh-huh.

Have to wonder what the hell those guys are smoking at times. What's even the purpose here?
    They believe a team is disadvantaged if they have to play a full 15-minute overtime and have a Thursday night game coming up the next week. How often does that happen though? It seems like a waste of time to change tbh.

In other news Raiders sign E.J. Manuel

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and the Bucs are bringing in Nick Folk, apparently they weren't to happy with their second round kicker