10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scrangos View Post
    I really loved DA2 for the Hawke character, bashing of DA2 always makes me sad.
    Same here. DA2 was great if you went into it without auto-measuring it against Origins.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

WORST GAME EVER 0/10!!!

I'm genuinely curious, how does pouring liquids look in Witcher 3 or other games which are oh-so-much-more better than ME:A?
    No one bothered to animate jello water, mostly because everyone in the industry knows that getting good looking water is pretty much the holy grail and about as real and feasible atm as finding a unicorn in your backyard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Wait, what? The canon ending of ME3 is that they harvested us?

Releases tonight, I can't waiaiaiiaiaaiititttt
    There's no canon ending that Bioware has announced, or that the Andromeda initiative would even know of, as they left well before the final war with the Reapers.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Wait, what? The canon ending of ME3 is that they harvested us?

Releases tonight, I can't waiaiaiiaiaaiititttt
    I thought the ending is entirely uncertain as the expedition starts before that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    There's no canon ending that Bioware has announced, or that the Andromeda initiative would even know of, as they left well before the final war with the Reapers.
    Damn beat me to it :P.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Yep. The early access + reviews have persuaded me not to get this.

Seems like the DA2 of Mass Effect.
    Shame as I was a massive fan of the original trilogy.
    I would link it more to DA:I than to DA2 (while ignoring DA:I's flawed combat, which is the strongest suit of ME:A).

Welp, so far everything I've been seeing is firmly solidifying my desire to wait until this is on deep, deep sale way down the road. Been doing that for BW games for a while and it's paid off, glad I didn't pay full price for most of them.

I just hope to hell they fix those fucking fish lips in cutscenes. Holy shit, seen more footage of it and that problem will force me to largely skip cutscenes if it's not addressed. How shit like that could go so wrong but still make it to launch boggles my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Welp, so far everything I've been seeing is firmly solidifying my desire to wait until this is on deep, deep sale way down the road. Been doing that for BW games for a while and it's paid off, glad I didn't pay full price for most of them.

I just hope to hell they fix those fucking fish lips in cutscenes. Holy shit, seen more footage of it and that problem will force me to largely skip cutscenes if it's not addressed. How shit like that could go so wrong but still make it to launch boggles my mind.
    Well, buying goty editions was the best for all the dragon age games, that's for sure. All the DLC was integral to the story..

10+ Year Old Account
    If you liked Dragon Age: Inquisition, you will like this game. It is pretty much more of the same (a lot more), only guns and space magic instead of swords and actual magic.

For better or worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Well, buying goty editions was the best for all the dragon age games, that's for sure. All the DLC was integral to the story..
    They are never going to make GOTY editions again. EA wants to milk the DLC sales 5ever.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    They are never going to make GOTY editions again. EA wants to milk the DLC sales 5ever.
    https://www.origin.com/deu/en-us/sto...e-year-edition
    They made one for DA:I. They still bundle them all together after a while.

15+ Year Old Account
    Apex HQ looks like it is now globally available, at least on android. It's also been updated.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...omedacompanion

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    No one bothered to animate jello water, mostly because everyone in the industry knows that getting good looking water is pretty much the holy grail and about as real and feasible atm as finding a unicorn in your backyard.
    My point, yet people are pasting that gif around and berating Andromeda for stuff nobody in the industry does good.

10+ Year Old Account
    My point, yet people are pasting that gif around and berating Andromeda for stuff nobody in the industry does good.
    That one Russian game from like a decade ago where you were like trapped on a fronzen ship did water/ice good.

Argument invalidated.

/s

Sorta. It's more that even by last-gen standards that would have looked like shit. And it's simply another in a long list of issues with animations/visuals that are at best, decidedly last-gen and don't compare to what other AAA studios are putting out on the market this generation.

Kinda a, "If you can't make it look good...don't show it" type thing. Which honestly, the more I look at the game the more it looks like they probably could have cut 20% of it and tightened up its scope, instead investing that time and money into polish, and delivered a far higher quality product. It would have been smaller, sure, but I'd take a smaller but much more polished experience over a watered down massive game that's large for the sake of being large.

That one Russian game from like a decade ago where you were like trapped on a fronzen ship did water/ice good.

Argument invalidated.

/s
    I REMEMBER THAT GAME! It was pretty dope.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-03-20 at 06:39 PM.

Welcome to being Bioware lol.

Anyways, seems like Greenmangaming's British, so they get their keys near the British release, as in the 23rd. They're supposed to get them about 48 hours from actual release, but that means I probably won't be playing tonight. Bah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFG9Q6ouAj4

All the benchmarks someone needs.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

Argument invalidated.

/s
    Big amounts of water is somethign games have gotten down. So seas, lakes and rivers are usually good.

However, applying that same water simulation for the size of bottles and glasses doesn't usually work, so devs have to use different animations or avoid pouring liquids altogether.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    For stuff in English class ya you do. Same doesn't apply in the real word. Writers don't have some checklist they have to follow for their books to factually be good writing its all opinion based.
    Actually, they do. Lets not pretend there is no "correct way of doing things", thank you very much.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-03-20 at 06:51 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hm, I'm playing the release version now, and facial animations seem to be better. That Addison chick especially. She blinks now, have facial animations and her lip syncing is almost perfect.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side