Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Costa Rica amazes me.

I saw a documentary about this small Central American Country.

Costa Rica does not have an Army. Instead it puts its money into Medical research and the Environment.

Costa Rica has some of the best Medical Surgeons on the planet, and quite a few North Americans travel to Costa Rica for operations and medical procedures.

They really look after their environment too. And promote Eco-Tourism.

Never been to Costa Rica, but its on the Bucket list.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Obviously Syria is the happiest country on the planet being that it has the lowest suicide rates!
    It's hard to get information on suicides when your government, the Russians and Americans are bombing anything that moves in your country. Don't worry though, their freedom measurement is now off the chart!

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    And the Winner goes to NORWAY. ....

http://www.iflscience.com/editors-bl...been-revealed/

In fact most Scandinavian countries fare well

Australia is in the top 10 and the USA is now 14 ..
    England is 19th ??

Biggest improvers where: Nicaragua, Latvia, Sierra Leone, Ecuador, Moldova, Bulgaria, Russia, Slovakia, Chile, and Uzbekistan.

On the Sad side the Worlds most unhappiest countries are:
    Central African Republic, Burundi, Tanzania, Syria, Rwanda, Togo, Guinea, Liberia, South Sudan, and Yemen.

The research tries to account for this through studying six main variables:
    GDP per capita, healthy life expectancy, social support, freedom, generosity, and absence/perception of corruption.

Are You Happy.???

Happiness report that is based in no way on happiness. Interesting. Why do Europeans keep making these surveys that make claims that do not align with what was studied?

How does GDP define happiness? Is that to say that money buys happiness? Who actually thinks that?

I mean, look at this ridiculous list of things that have fuck all to do with happiness.

Why not just make the list a list of the most European fantasy land?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Happiness report that is based in no way on happiness. Interesting. Why do Europeans keep making these surveys that make claims that do not align with what was studied?

How does GDP define happiness? Is that to say that money buys happiness? Who actually thinks that?

I mean, look at this ridiculous list of things that have fuck all to do with happiness.

So butthurt americans got something to get angry about.
    Weird didn't know UN was European.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    So butthurt americans got something to get angry about.
    LOL

Touche.

To be fair, our method of determining who is the most awesome, is just to go outside and look around. =p

15+ Year Old Account
    The research is being done by United Nations. The three major editors of the report are from Canada, USA and UK. The associate editors are I think one from Europe and two from Asia.

Oh and the report was made in New York.

World Happiness Report 2017
    Editors: John Helliwell, Richard Layard and Jeffrey Sachs
    Associate Editors: Jan-Emmanuel De Neve, Haifang Huang and Shun Wang

This publication may be reproduced using the following reference:
    Helliwell, J., Layard, R., & Sachs, J. (2017). World Happiness Report 2017, New York: Sustainable Development Solutions Network.

World Happiness Report management by Sharon Paculor. Copy editing by Mariam Gulaid, Saloni Jain and Louise Doucette. Design by John Stislow and Stephanie Stislow.
    ISBN 978-0-9968513-5-0
    Last edited by Puupi; 2017-03-20 at 06:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

15+ Year Old Account
    LOL

Touche.

To be fair, our method of determining who is the most awesome, is just to go outside and look around. =p
    I can agree its iffy to measure but the UN at least try
    They goto do something with their budget ;D
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Actually yes, for the most part money does buy happiness. A person who does not struggle to pay their bills, put food on their table, or afford a bit of entertainment in their life will generally be happier than those who do struggle.

http://content.time.com/time/magazin...019628,00.html

- - - Updated - - -

I know you're being facetious but the UN actually does quite a bit with their budget.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account
    I know you're being facetious but the UN actually does quite a bit with their budget.
    Yea I know but I posted to an American, must write in terms they understand ie UN is Satan

They should have put some away for a rainy day, because the US funding a third of the UN will soon come to an end.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually yes, for the most part money does buy happiness. A person who does not struggle to pay their bills, put food on their table, or afford a bit of entertainment in their life will generally be happier than those who do struggle.

http://content.time.com/time/magazin...019628,00.html

- - - Updated - - -

It seems you are unaware of the saying. Hilarious.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    They should have put some away for a rainy day, because the US funding a third of the UN will soon come to an end.

- - - Updated - - -

It seems you are unaware of the saying. Hilarious.
    I am aware of the saying, but the saying is incorrect. It's hilarious that you think the existence of a figure of speech is in any way related to the actual relation between money and happiness.

I am aware of the saying, but the saying is incorrect. It's hilarious that you think the existence of a figure of speech is in any way related to the actual relation between money and happiness.
    Money can in fact, not buy happiness. There are wealthy people suffering from depression right now. Are they just spending the money the wrong way? There are people who suffer from debilitating poverty, and yet are happy people. How do you explain either of these facts?

Deleted
    Wait.. the people in america got more happy than those in my home country?

Cant believe that. We are the country of happiness.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Money can in fact, not buy happiness. There are wealthy people suffering from depression right now. Are they just spending the money the wrong way? There are people who suffer from debilitating poverty, and yet are happy people. How do you explain either of these facts?
    If you want to go against the countless studies that say otherwise then that's on you.

If you can afford to pay your rent, pay your bills, and put food on your table then you will generally be happier than someone who cannot.
    Last edited by Tyrianth; 2017-03-20 at 06:45 PM.

If you want to go against the countless studies that say otherwise then that's on you.

If you can afford to pay your rent, pay your bills, and put food on your table then you will generally be happy than someone who cannot.
    If you want to go against obvious facts, then that's on you. There are factually happy poor people and unhappy rich people. That fact is completely and totally irrefutable. Therefore, money cannot in fact buy happiness.

The fact that some study finds that generally speaking, poverty sucks, in no way refutes the obvious truth of my point.

I mean, holy shit. You kids will fight over anything, no matter how obviously you are wrong.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to go against obvious facts, then that's on you. There are factually happy poor people and unhappy rich people. That fact is completely and totally irrefutable. Therefore, money cannot in fact buy happiness.

The fact that some study finds that generally speaking, poverty sucks, in no way refutes the obvious truth of my point.

I mean, holy shit. You kids will fight over anything, no matter how obviously you are wrong.
    Did I say that poor people can't be happy? Did I say rich people can't be miserable? No. No I did not.

It's sad that you cant comprehend how someone who has the income to afford the necessities in life tends to be happier than those who can't. One anecdotal evidence of a poor person being happy or a rich person being depressed does not negate wide-spread statistics and overall trends.

And no, we wont fight over everything. We're just not ignorant of the world around us.

How do you even measure something like this?

Did I say that poor people can't be happy? Did I say rich people can't be miserable? No. No I did not.

It's sad that you cant comprehend how someone who has the income to afford the necessities in life tends to be happier than those who can't. One anecdotal evidence of a poor person being happy or a rich person being depressed does not negate wide-spread statistics and overall trends.

And no, we wont fight over everything. We're just not ignorant of the world around us.
    If you are not arguing me over whether or not money can buy happiness, wtf are you on about? That is plainly your stated issue. Why are you trying to back track now? What point is there in saying something, and then saying you didn't say it. Just own it dude.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you are not arguing me over whether or not money can buy happiness, wtf are you on about? That is plainly your stated issue. Why are you trying to back track now? What point is there in saying something, and then saying you didn't say it. Just own it dude.
    Fuck me, reading comprehension is not your strong suit. Where am I back tracking? Please quote me on my contradictions.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    How do you even measure something like this?
    You ask about stuff people generally consider creating happiness to their lives. Sum those things up, draw a nice graph with excel and publish it online.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.