Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by erin View Post
    i'm neither a cunt nor shifty
    dabda.........
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by God Emperor Trump View Post
    Which would never happen, but whatever. I am sure Airports deal with birds all the time.
    A video that shows that birds ARE a problem for airports, and here is on way they deal with them.

A video that shows you exactly what happens to an engine when it gets a bird in it.

A video showing that it can and does happen to birds and engines.

A video demonstrating the power of a jet engine.

1 random nobody of an MMO-C poster deems it improbable so it must be so...
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2017-03-20 at 08:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And a meteor will hit the planet and lightning will strike you at the same time...followed up getting eaten by a shark while flipping heads 10,000 times in row.

So you are right, I guess it CAN happen.

Which would never happen, but whatever. I am sure Airports deal with birds all the time.
    Entire human beings have been sucked into engines.
    Planes have crashed because they ran over shit on the runway.

This really isn't a harambe incident, it just sounds like they weren't prepared to handle the incident at all, and had zero plans to handle an escaped dog on the runways. So now, they're down one dog, which is probably gonna be another $20,000. Like fucks sake, what kind of trainers do you have to not have a bomb dog with recall? There are cars, I just don't see how this could have occurred how it did.

Not upset about the dog, more of how the situation was handled.

How would it never happen? Bird strikes are serious issues and birds are much smaller than dogs. When planes hit deer or other larger animals on a runway it's catastrophic, it can cause fuel leaks, fires, etc. If an animal the size of a dog were ingested into an engine the engine would be destroyed.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    Why do people assume that in every situation there are tranquilizer guns readily available?
    That's what I was wondering.

And a meteor will hit the planet and lightning will strike you at the same time...followed up getting eaten by a shark while flipping heads 10,000 times in row.

So you are right, I guess it CAN happen.
    How ignorant are you? Animals are a real danger to aircraft.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It was indeed a younger dog that wasn't fully trained to deal with the distractions an airport can provide. They did everything they could short of shooting the animal to resume normal operations. It wasn't like it got loose and they immediately grabbed the guns.
    If they couldn't catch it afte searching for it, they could've phoned the nearby zoo to borrow their tranq. gun, tranquilize it and get it contained safely. Instead of killing it needlessly.

10+ Year Old Account
    How would it never happen? Bird strikes are serious issues and birds are much smaller than dogs. When planes hit deer or other larger animals on a runway it's catastrophic, it can cause fuel leaks, fires, etc. If an animal the size of a dog were ingested into an engine the engine would be destroyed.
    How ignorant are you? Animals are a real danger to aircraft.
    With as many birds in the sky, you would think such a thing would happen more often. It doesn't. Therefore one loose dog is not likely going to do much of anything. My bet is that it runs off the grid and into the neighbor hood nearby.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    If they couldn't catch it afte searching for it, they could've phoned the nearby zoo to borrow their tranq. gun, tranquilize it and get it contained safely. Instead of killing it needlessly.
    It was also pitch black, so the likely hood of actually shooting it with a tranq was low.

Im sorry. I love dogs, but the economic consequences of delaying planes for hours, and / or the consequences of having a dog sucked into the engine / get hit by a landing wheel, is much more serious than a dog getting shot.

With as many birds in the sky, you would think such a thing would happen more often. It doesn't. Therefore one loose dog is not likely going to do much of anything. My bet is that it runs off the grid and into the neighbor hood nearby.
    That's because many airports shoot birds onsite. Word gets around. There is a mcdonalds about maybe 300 feet from one of the most common runways were I lived, no birds are ever there, because they know they'll be shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Airports take proactive measures to remove birds and other animals from the landing zones. You get the occational one squeaking through, and when they do hit an airplane its catastrophic, but its rare because airports make sure the creatures dont stay on the tarmac.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    That's because many airports shoot birds onsite. Word gets around. There is a mcdonalds about maybe 300 feet from one of the most common runways were I lived, no birds are ever there, because they know they'll be shot.
    Ok, that was pretty damn funny.

1) birds don't fly at 35,000 feet.

2) airports actively mitigate the threat of bird strikes via culling and repellent.
    Beta Club Brosquad

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    "Word gets around"? Among birds? Birds know they'll be shot?
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Yeah, it's a dog. It didn't know what it was doing and that there was anything wrong with its' actions. Nor did it hurt anyone.

Unlike the guy in Orly airport. That guy deserved to be shot. The dog didn't. My sympathies are with the dog.
    You are mistaken. The dog didn't do what it was told and created a potential danger to the public. Shooting it was humane and the correct thing to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Activi-T View Post
    Auckland zoo is like 20 minutes drive away from the airport (or so the Internet tells me), why couldn't they just get a tranquilliser gun from their?
    20 mins there, 20 mins back. Potentially 100s of people dead. Good call mate. Glad you are head of security.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    So no one had any doggy treats? I understand it was a fairly young dog but even that young they know what a doggy treat is.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    It was also pitch black, so the likely hood of actually shooting it with a tranq was low.

Im sorry. I love dogs, but the economic consequences of delaying planes for hours, and / or the consequences of having a dog sucked into the engine / get hit by a landing wheel, is much more serious than a dog getting shot.
    So is shooting it with a deadly gun. You have to hit it with both. Don't have hitscan IRL. It would've taken about the same amount of time had they been less derp and just called them up early. But I guess a single cartridge and a new dog is cheaper than a dart.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    "Word gets around"? Among birds? Birds know they'll be shot?
    Yes. Yes they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    So no one had any doggy treats? I understand it was a fairly young dog but even that young they know what a doggy treat is.
    If it's really freaked out, it won't respond to treats, it'll just flee.