Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    So based on you guys' impressions of the game, is it worth it to buy Mass Effect: Andromeda right now? I got into the Mass Effect games back in 2013 after they were originally released and I was looking forward to Andromeda (the ME 3 ending did not bother me as much since they had patched the original ending, but the reactions to it back when ME 3 just came out actually made me avoid the series until a Steam Summer sale).

After seeing the reception for this game, I became a bit hesitant to get it. That's why I wanted to hear how fellow ME fans are experiencing it before I decide to get into Mass Effect again or not.
    Did you enjoy DA:I design and the overall direction that the DA series took? If so, you will likely like this one too.

Face animations\Dialogue can be a bit meh at some points, but it takes someone that really puts it as the main focus of the game (me, for example :P) to actually ruin your experience.

Most of the reception is because the game's start is quite poor. Some people have said that it does get better on consequent planets.

But yeah, as a general rule of thumb, if you are unsure, I'd suggest waiting a bit for proper, well organized reviews of the game, instead of getting it at release.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I'd want to get the game, but I'm sure if I should anymore.

I liked the 10h trial, but feels like gettign it at this point will forever paint anyone into tasteless fanboi.
    If you enjoy it, I wouldn't worry about the rest the first part is really all that matters, at the end of the day.

10+ Year Old Account

ACG released his review. I like his style of reviews. No numbers. He just tells you whether you should buy it or not. And for a game like this that is important. Since it has such polarizing opinions. If you still have doubts about whether or not this game will be for you, then you should consider seeing this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    So based on you guys' impressions of the game, is it worth it to buy Mass Effect: Andromeda right now? I got into the Mass Effect games back in 2013 after they were originally released and I was looking forward to Andromeda (the ME 3 ending did not bother me as much since they had patched the original ending, but the reactions to it back when ME 3 just came out actually made me avoid the series until a Steam Summer sale).

After seeing the reception for this game, I became a bit hesitant to get it. That's why I wanted to hear how fellow ME fans are experiencing it before I decide to get into Mass Effect again or not.
    Wait for a sale tbh. There's too many issues with it right now to make it worth full price.

Deleted
    Does Mass Effect Andromeda does have a demo where I can try out if it would run well on my PC?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    Does Mass Effect Andromeda does have a demo where I can try out if it would run well on my PC?
    You still have time to sign up for Origin Access and do the 10 hour trial. Yeah, its $5, but that actually gets you 10% off the game so it pays for itself.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    You can get Origin access for 5 dollars. Cancel it. And try the game for 10 hours. While you do have to pay for the trial, you'll have access to a large library of EA's older games for a month effectively for that time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    "Do not care what others think, do what you must." Javik, Mass Effect 3.

And I must play this game.
    Well said, sir.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    You still have time to sign up for Origin Access and do the 10 hour trial. Yeah, its $5, but that actually gets you 10% off the game so it pays for itself.
    ah thanks. might just do that!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    You can get Origin access for 5 dollars. Cancel it. And try the game for 10 hours. While you do have to pay for the trial, you'll have access to a large library of EA's older games for a month effectively for that time.
    that is even better !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    And a 10% discount off the cost of games you buy, MEA included. Pays for itself really.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    I think imma just restart when the full game comes out, especially if they are patching a lot day one. Actually take my time with the cc instead of panicking through.

All of dad Ryders faces, i diden't take them and they are at a shitty angle but it shows you atleast.

Is it me or the default ( at only decent looking model ) looks like Chuck Norris

I'm especially loving all the reviewers citing cheesy and cringe worthy dialogue as a major negative when the previous games had soap opera level conversations at times. I will agree though that there's very little emotion in the dialogue in this game vs previous ones and that is a pretty major flaw.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I'd want to get the game, but I'm sure if I should anymore.

I liked the 10h trial, but feels like gettign it at this point will forever paint anyone into tasteless fanboi.
    are you seriously making your choice based on what some random person on the internet MIGHT think of you, rather then your own personal enjoyment?

Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    Is it me or the default ( at only decent looking model ) looks like Chuck Norris
    The game is total dick in that regard as well, since it doesn't let you use the deault model to base your character on. I would have actually tried to make something decent from the default male ryder instead of having to fix these other hideous faces. The only thing about the default was that it looked a bit too whimpy for my taste, and I didn't like the facial hair (or the lack thereof). Why they prevented that is another utterly bizzare descision to me.. what is the fucking point?!

I would also have rather played the old dude than the young blood...

Well I think I have a solid plan for the launch.. study for the next 5h30min, play Andromeda at 12h00am until 4-5am, go to bed, wake up at 11, exam at noon. Nothing can go wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can see some resemblance but not enough to be a close resemblance. I cant tell if I see it because I am looking for it.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Closer to Darth Tyrannous
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I'm especially loving all the reviewers citing cheesy and cringe worthy dialogue as a major negative when the previous games had soap opera level conversations at times. I will agree though that there's very little emotion in the dialogue in this game vs previous ones and that is a pretty major flaw.
    More than flawed animations and sub-par dialogue, the bold text was indeed my deal-breaker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you think the negative buzz surrounding this game means it'll get a public relations patch designed to fix the most glaring issues and lure people back who have now been put off...or is what we have now basically it? I am tempted to leave the game for a bit now due to the flak it is getting

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Do you think the negative buzz surrounding this game means it'll get a public relations patch designed to fix the most glaring issues and lure people back who have now been put off...or is what we have now basically it? I am tempted to leave the game for a bit now due to the flak it is getting
    I am torn on that. ME3 post-release content was delayed because of the Extended cut. We don't know if they just pushed things back or cut things because of having to work on the extended cut. I don't think it is that bad for them to do something like that but if they do I hope it doesn't remove content we could have had instead.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I am torn on that. ME3 post-release content was delayed because of the Extended cut. We don't know if they just pushed things back or cut things because of having to work on the extended cut. I don't think it is that bad for them to do something like that but if they do I hope it doesn't remove content we could have had instead.
    I've decided to wait. I was going to leave other things to make time for this, but instead ill give them space and time to improve it. I'll probably play it eventually if I get bored but now I am in no rush.

also on the subject of "there is no objectively bad writing" oh boy have a gander at mass effect: deception
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"